viewing what [include_url] is posting

Ben Thole
Is there a way to view the actual string that Lasso is sending when an
[include_url] is sent with POST Params?

I'm setting up a script that is supposed to work with a vendor's API,
but it's not working. I must assume that it's their fault and not mine
[grin], but they asked to see the actual string that is being posted.

Thanks,

Ben

Re: viewing what [include_url] is posting

Bil Corry-3
Ben Thole wrote on 7/10/2008 1:57 PM:
> Is there a way to view the actual string that Lasso is sending when an
> [include_url] is sent with POST Params?

I use WireShark to do a packet capture:

        <http://www.wireshark.org/>

That way, I can see what is sent and what is received back.

Re: viewing what [include_url] is posting

Ben Thole
Thanks Bil ... I'll download that and try it out.

- Ben

On Jul 10, 2008, at 3:03 PM, Bil Corry wrote:

> Ben Thole wrote on 7/10/2008 1:57 PM:
>> Is there a way to view the actual string that Lasso is sending when
>> an [include_url] is sent with POST Params?
>
> I use WireShark to do a packet capture:
>
> <http://www.wireshark.org/>
>
> That way, I can see what is sent and what is received back.
>

> - Bil

Re: viewing what [include_url] is posting

Doug Gentry
Can't you also form what you want in the include_url as a variable,
and then display the variable?

....Doug

On Jul 10, 2008, at 3:28 PM, Ben Thole wrote:

> Thanks Bil ... I'll download that and try it out.
>
> - Ben
>

> On Jul 10, 2008, at 3:03 PM, Bil Corry wrote:
>
>> Ben Thole wrote on 7/10/2008 1:57 PM:
>>> Is there a way to view the actual string that Lasso is sending
>>> when an [include_url] is sent with POST Params?
>>
>> I use WireShark to do a packet capture:
>>
>> <http://www.wireshark.org/>
>>
>> That way, I can see what is sent and what is received back.
>>

>> - Bil

Doug Gentry
Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 866-890-6013
[hidden email]
www.dynapolis.com - blog: www.plain-sense.com

Re: viewing what [include_url] is posting

Ben Thole
Good suggestion -- I've done that to confirm that I'm sending the
right variables, but they want to see exactly what's hitting their
system.

(The company hosting that particular application/API is not familiar
with Lasso, so the natural inclination to not trust what you don't
know).

I'm trying to see exactly what is passed in its most "base" form so
that it could be compared to API posts made in other systems. I've
downloaded the app. that Bil suggested, but I have a little bit of a
learning curve on that one.

- Ben

On Jul 11, 2008, at 9:13 AM, Doug Gentry wrote:

> Can't you also form what you want in the include_url as a variable,
> and then display the variable?
>
> ....Doug
>
> On Jul 10, 2008, at 3:28 PM, Ben Thole wrote:
>
>> Thanks Bil ... I'll download that and try it out.
>>
>> - Ben

>>> I use WireShark to do a packet capture:
>>>
>>> <http://www.wireshark.org/>
>>>
>>> That way, I can see what is sent and what is received back.
>>>

>>> - Bil
>>>

>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

> ---
> Doug Gentry
> Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
> p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 866-890-6013
> [hidden email]
> www.dynapolis.com - blog: www.plain-sense.com

Re: viewing what [include_url] is posting

jasonhuck
You could change the URL to point to another page on your local system
and inspect the headers that way...everything would be the same except
the URL...

- jason

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Ben Thole <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good suggestion -- I've done that to confirm that I'm sending the right
> variables, but they want to see exactly what's hitting their system.
>
> (The company hosting that particular application/API is not familiar with
> Lasso, so the natural inclination to not trust what you don't know).
>
> I'm trying to see exactly what is passed in its most "base" form so that it
> could be compared to API posts made in other systems. I've downloaded the
> app. that Bil suggested, but I have a little bit of a learning curve on that
> one.
>
> - Ben
>

> On Jul 11, 2008, at 9:13 AM, Doug Gentry wrote:
>
>> Can't you also form what you want in the include_url as a variable, and
>> then display the variable?
>>
>> ....Doug
>>
>> On Jul 10, 2008, at 3:28 PM, Ben Thole wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Bil ... I'll download that and try it out.
>>>
>>> - Ben

>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
>>>

>> ---
>> Doug Gentry
>> Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
>> p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 866-890-6013
>> [hidden email]
>> www.dynapolis.com - blog: www.plain-sense.com

tagSwap.net :: Open Source Lasso Code
<http://tagSwap.net/>

Re: viewing what [include_url] is posting

Ben Thole
Good idea ... although [client_headers] wouldn't show the POST Params
in the response, but the information that was displayed did help me do
some troubleshooting. Thanks!

- Ben