question about printing over WAN

Jeremy Reynolds-2
Does anybody know which port I should open up if I want to print over the WAN?

For the most part, we have HPs

Jeremy

Re: question about printing over WAN

Eric Browning-3
port 9100 for HP's Jet direct

Jeremy Reynolds wrote:
> Does anybody know which port I should open up if I want to print over
> the WAN?
>
> For the most part, we have HPs
>
> Jeremy

Percent decimal places

Diane Houdek
Is there a way, using the [Percent] tag to indicate the number of decimal places you want to display in the percentage?  For example we are displaying numbers that are .6543 and I'd like it to display as 65.4%.  Right now using the percent tag, my number displays as 65%, no decimal places.  Is there a combination of tags I can use to force this, if I can't use the percent tag alone?

Thanks,
Diane

Re: Percent decimal places

jasonhuck
It doesn't look like that is supported by [percent], but you could
just do the conversion yourself, something like this:

[
        define_tag(
                'decimalpercent',
                -req='in', -type='decimal',
                -opt='precision'
        );
                !local_defined('precision') ? local('precision') = 0.1;

                local('out') = math_round(
                        decimal(#in * 100.0),
                        #precision
                );

                return(#out + '%');
        /define_tag;

        decimalpercent(.6432);
]

Returns: 64.3%

HTH,
Jason

On 9/13/07, Diane Houdek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way, using the [Percent] tag to indicate the number of decimal places you want to display in the percentage?  For example we are displaying numbers that are .6543 and I'd like it to display as 65.4%.  Right now using the percent tag, my number displays as 65%, no decimal places.  Is there a combination of tags I can use to force this, if I can't use the percent tag alone?
>
> Thanks,
> Diane

Find and Share Free Lasso Custom Tags at tagSwap.net!
Download hundreds of open source Lasso custom tags, and post your own
for others to use. RSS feeds track the newest and most popular tags.
http://tagSwap.net/

Re: Percent decimal places

Diane Houdek
Jason,

Thanks this is very helpful! One question, when I define a tag (not having done this before) does it persist across the page (in otherwords, is it like a variable I set once), or do I need to wrap any fields that are going to be affected by it with the open and close tags? I wasn't exactly sure based on your example.

Diane

Huck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It doesn't look like that is supported by [percent], but you could
> just do the conversion yourself, something like this:
>
> [
> define_tag(
> 'decimalpercent',
> -req='in', -type='decimal',
> -opt='precision'
> );
> !local_defined('precision') ? local('precision') = 0.1;
>
> local('out') = math_round(
> decimal(#in * 100.0),
> #precision
> );
>
> return(#out + '%');
> /define_tag;
>
> decimalpercent(.6432);
> ]
>

> Returns: 64.3%
>

> HTH,
> Jason
>

> On 9/13/07, Diane Houdek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is there a way, using the [Percent] tag to indicate the number of decimal
> places you want to display in the percentage?  For example we are displaying
> numbers that are .6543 and I'd like it to display as 65.4%.  Right now using
> the percent tag, my number displays as 65%, no decimal places.  Is there a
> combination of tags I can use to force this, if I can't use the percent tag
> alone?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Diane

Re: Percent decimal places

jasonhuck
You can do it a number of ways. On a particular page, you only need
the define_tag; ... /define_tag; stuff once, and then you can call
decimalpercent as many times as you want on that page. Alternatively,
you could place it in a file in your LassoStartup folder as
'decimalpercent.lasso' and restart Lasso, and then you can use the tag
on any page, just like the built-in ones.