malformed packets mysql lasso 7 and tiger macos 10.4

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

malformed packets mysql lasso 7 and tiger macos 10.4

afshad dinshaw
hi all,
We recently upgraded our application server to Mac OS 10.4 Tiger and  
we kept getting the error Malformed Packets whenever lasso 7.1.3  
tried to access the mysql server 4.1.2. i.e. whenever it tries to  
access some of the tables.
Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesnt. It keeps loosing the  
connection. Has anyone experienced this problem? We had to go back to  
panther to make it work. Is it a bug in lasso, mysql? or a  
compatibility issue with the operating system?

Thanks,

Afshad E. Dinshaw
Research Assistant II
Virtual Technology Center
University of Houston
SR1 Room: 204
email: [hidden email]
Phone: 713-743-7741



--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: malformed packets mysql lasso 7 and tiger macos 10.4

Olivier Miossec

afshad dinshaw ?crit:

> hi all,
> We recently upgraded our application server to Mac OS 10.4 Tiger and  
> we kept getting the error Malformed Packets whenever lasso 7.1.3  
> tried to access the mysql server 4.1.2. i.e. whenever it tries to  
> access some of the tables.
> Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesnt. It keeps loosing the  
> connection. Has anyone experienced this problem? We had to go back to  
> panther to make it work. Is it a bug in lasso, mysql? or a  
> compatibility issue with the operating system?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Afshad E. Dinshaw
> Research Assistant II
> Virtual Technology Center
> University of Houston
> SR1 Room: 204
> email: [hidden email]
> Phone: 713-743-7741

It seem that it's a bug

see

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=7106
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=6511
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4011

No more informations for the moment

but it seem that flushing connection periodicly can solve the problem

---
Olivier Miossec
AIM/ichat omiossec
--
http://www.lasso-developpeur.net
--

Need a Lasso consultant ?
(Lasso, Java, Databases Consultant ...)
http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/oliviermiossec/

--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: malformed packets mysql lasso 7 and tiger macos 10.4

Fletcher Sandbeck
In reply to this post by afshad dinshaw
On 6/2/05 at 10:00 PM by [hidden email] (Olivier Miossec):

>It seem that it's a bug
>
>see
>
>http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=7106
>http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=6511
>http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4011
>
>No more informations for the moment
>
>but it seem that flushing connection periodicly can solve the problem

Bug 6511 was apparently fixed in the 4.1.10 release.  See the last note on the bug page or <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/news-4-1-10.html>.

The original poster said they were running 4.1.2.  Upgrading to 4.1.12 would certainly be advisable.  Although, I'm not sure why Panther vs Tiger would make a difference.

[fletcher]
--
Fletcher Sandbeck                         [hidden email]
Lasso Product Specialist              [hidden email]
OmniPilot Software, Inc.                http://www.omnipilot.com

--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: malformed packets mysql lasso 7 and tiger macos 10.4

afshad dinshaw
In reply to this post by afshad dinshaw
We are running MySQL 4.1.12
Going back to Panther solved the problem. It probably makes a  
difference since Mac OS 10.X ships with mysql builtin. Still leaves  
us not being able to upgrade our server.

Afshad E. Dinshaw
Research Assistant II
Virtual Technology Center
University of Houston
SR1 Room: 204
email: [hidden email]
Phone: 713-743-7741


On Jun 2, 2005, at 5:10 PM, Fletcher Sandbeck wrote:

> On 6/2/05 at 10:00 PM by [hidden email] (Olivier Miossec):
>
>
>> It seem that it's a bug
>>
>> see
>>
>> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=7106
>> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=6511
>> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4011
>>
>> No more informations for the moment
>>
>> but it seem that flushing connection periodicly can solve the problem
>>
>
> Bug 6511 was apparently fixed in the 4.1.10 release.  See the last  
> note on the bug page or <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/ 
> news-4-1-10.html>.
>
> The original poster said they were running 4.1.2.  Upgrading to  
> 4.1.12 would certainly be advisable.  Although, I'm not sure why  
> Panther vs Tiger would make a difference.
>
> [fletcher]
> --
> Fletcher Sandbeck                         [hidden email]
> Lasso Product Specialist              [hidden email]
> OmniPilot Software, Inc.                http://www.omnipilot.com
>
> --
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription:
> http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
>


--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: malformed packets mysql lasso 7 and tiger macos 10.4

Olivier Miossec
In reply to this post by afshad dinshaw

Fletcher Sandbeck ?crit:

> On 6/2/05 at 10:00 PM by [hidden email] (Olivier Miossec):
>
> >It seem that it's a bug
> >
> >see
> >
> >http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=7106
> >http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=6511
> >http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4011
> >
> >No more informations for the moment
> >
> >but it seem that flushing connection periodicly can solve the problem
>
> Bug 6511 was apparently fixed in the 4.1.10 release.  See the last note on the bug page or <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/news-4-1-10.html>.
>
> The original poster said they were running 4.1.2.  Upgrading to 4.1.12 would certainly be advisable.  Although, I'm not sure why Panther vs Tiger would make a difference.
>

Some clues can be found using the stack produce by mysql with this error

Also it may be a difference between the connection on this 2 OS (in socket
management)
May be using tcp and disable socket can solve the problem


---
Olivier Miossec
AIM/ichat omiossec
--
http://www.lasso-developpeur.net
--

Need a Lasso consultant ?
(Lasso, Java, Databases Consultant ...)
http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/oliviermiossec/

--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: malformed packets mysql lasso 7 and tiger macos 10.4

Adam Randall
In reply to this post by afshad dinshaw
I tested LP8 on 10.4 Server (clean install) and had no issues  
communicating to MySQL databases. I suggest that if you did an  
upgrade from 10.3 to 10.4 that you instead install 10.4 cleanly and  
rebuild. There have been numerous reports of problems with the  
upgrade procedure of Tiger.

Anyway, I'm not done fully testing, but I don't believe that I am  
going to find any problems.

Adam.

--
Adam Randall <[hidden email]>
http://www.omnipilot.com/
(954) 874-3100
AIM/iChat: adamomni

On Jun 2, 2005, at 6:14 PM, afshad dinshaw wrote:

> We are running MySQL 4.1.12
> Going back to Panther solved the problem. It probably makes a  
> difference since Mac OS 10.X ships with mysql builtin. Still leaves  
> us not being able to upgrade our server.
>
> Afshad E. Dinshaw
> Research Assistant II
> Virtual Technology Center
> University of Houston
> SR1 Room: 204
> email: [hidden email]
> Phone: 713-743-7741
>
>
> On Jun 2, 2005, at 5:10 PM, Fletcher Sandbeck wrote:
>
>
>> On 6/2/05 at 10:00 PM by [hidden email] (Olivier  
>> Miossec):
>>
>>
>>
>>> It seem that it's a bug
>>>
>>> see
>>>
>>> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=7106
>>> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=6511
>>> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4011
>>>
>>> No more informations for the moment
>>>
>>> but it seem that flushing connection periodicly can solve the  
>>> problem
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Bug 6511 was apparently fixed in the 4.1.10 release.  See the last  
>> note on the bug page or <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/ 
>> news-4-1-10.html>.
>>
>> The original poster said they were running 4.1.2.  Upgrading to  
>> 4.1.12 would certainly be advisable.  Although, I'm not sure why  
>> Panther vs Tiger would make a difference.
>>
>> [fletcher]
>> --
>> Fletcher Sandbeck                         [hidden email]
>> Lasso Product Specialist              [hidden email]
>> OmniPilot Software, Inc.                http://www.omnipilot.com
>>
>> --
>> ------------------------------
>> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
>> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
>> Manage your list subscription:
>> http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription: http://www.listsearch.com/ 
> lassotalk.lasso?manage
>


--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage