lasso 9 and mac OS Lion?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

lasso 9 and mac OS Lion?

decorior
Has anyone tried this yet?

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lasso 9 and mac OS Lion?

Brad Lindsay-2
http://www.lassosoft.com/Lasso-9-Server-Download#Mac

Lasso 9 & OS X Lion should be fine. OS X Mountain Lion is not currently supported and doesn't work.


Brad


On Jul 25, 2012, at 7:36 PM, deco rior <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Has anyone tried this yet?
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

X11- OS Mountain Lion

Ron Jacobs (Lumen Patent Firm)
Does anyone have an idea how to turn off the message below that keeps popping up after you have installed Mountain Lion on the Mac.



FYI - clicking CONTINUE does not do anything.

Thanks,

Ron

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: X11- OS Mountain Lion

Carl Ketterling
Ron,

Can I assume you pasted a graphic in your email?  I think the list blocks attachments.

Carl


On Jul 25, 2012, at 9:07 PM, "Ron Jacobs (Lumen Patent Firm)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone have an idea how to turn off the message below that keeps popping up after you have installed Mountain Lion on the Mac.
>
>
>
> FYI - clicking CONTINUE does not do anything.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: X11- OS Mountain Lion

Jonathan Guthrie-3
In reply to this post by Ron Jacobs (Lumen Patent Firm)
Lasso 9 is not ready for Mountain Lion...
We're advising people to wait before updating please, there are some changes we have to make (obviously) now we have the actual release.


On 2012-07-25, at 10:07 PM, Ron Jacobs (Lumen Patent Firm) wrote:

> Does anyone have an idea how to turn off the message below that keeps popping up after you have installed Mountain Lion on the Mac.
>
>
>
> FYI - clicking CONTINUE does not do anything.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron
>

Jono

----------------------------
Jonathan Guthrie
[hidden email]
LassoSoft Inc.
+1 888-286-7753 ext 708

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: X11- OS Mountain Lion

Ron Jacobs (Lumen Patent Firm)
Hi Jono,

Thanks.

Found out the hard way ... How do I turn off the lasso server so that the X11 message does not pop up continuously

Ron

On Jul 25, 2012, at 7:17 PM, Jonathan Guthrie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lasso 9 is not ready for Mountain Lion...
> We're advising people to wait before updating please, there are some changes we have to make (obviously) now we have the actual release.
>
>
> On 2012-07-25, at 10:07 PM, Ron Jacobs (Lumen Patent Firm) wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have an idea how to turn off the message below that keeps popping up after you have installed Mountain Lion on the Mac.
>>
>>
>>
>> FYI - clicking CONTINUE does not do anything.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ron
>>
>
> Jono
>
> ----------------------------
> Jonathan Guthrie
> [hidden email]
> LassoSoft Inc.
> +1 888-286-7753 ext 708
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: X11- OS Mountain Lion

Jonathan Guthrie-3
The easiest way to do that would be to open Terminal.app and paste this in:

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.lassosoft.lassoinstancemanager.plist;


On 2012-07-25, at 10:26 PM, Ron Jacobs (Lumen Patent Firm) wrote:

> Hi Jono,
>
> Thanks.
>
> Found out the hard way ... How do I turn off the lasso server so that the X11 message does not pop up continuously
>
> Ron
>
> On Jul 25, 2012, at 7:17 PM, Jonathan Guthrie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Lasso 9 is not ready for Mountain Lion...
>> We're advising people to wait before updating please, there are some changes we have to make (obviously) now we have the actual release.
>>
>>
>> On 2012-07-25, at 10:07 PM, Ron Jacobs (Lumen Patent Firm) wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone have an idea how to turn off the message below that keeps popping up after you have installed Mountain Lion on the Mac.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> FYI - clicking CONTINUE does not do anything.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Ron
>>>
>>


----------------------------
Jonathan Guthrie
[hidden email]
LassoSoft Inc.
+1 888-286-7753 ext 708

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: X11- OS Mountain Lion

Ron Jacobs (Lumen Patent Firm)
Hi Jono,

That worked - thanks,

Ron

On Jul 25, 2012, at 7:31 PM, Jonathan Guthrie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The easiest way to do that would be to open Terminal.app and paste this in:
>
> sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.lassosoft.lassoinstancemanager.plist;
>
>
> On 2012-07-25, at 10:26 PM, Ron Jacobs (Lumen Patent Firm) wrote:
>
>> Hi Jono,
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Found out the hard way ... How do I turn off the lasso server so that the X11 message does not pop up continuously
>>
>> Ron
>>
>> On Jul 25, 2012, at 7:17 PM, Jonathan Guthrie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Lasso 9 is not ready for Mountain Lion...
>>> We're advising people to wait before updating please, there are some changes we have to make (obviously) now we have the actual release.
>>>
>>>
>>> On 2012-07-25, at 10:07 PM, Ron Jacobs (Lumen Patent Firm) wrote:
>>>
>>>> Does anyone have an idea how to turn off the message below that keeps popping up after you have installed Mountain Lion on the Mac.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> FYI - clicking CONTINUE does not do anything.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Ron
>>>>
>>>
>
>
> ----------------------------
> Jonathan Guthrie
> [hidden email]
> LassoSoft Inc.
> +1 888-286-7753 ext 708
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: X11- OS Mountain Lion

Brad Lindsay-2
In reply to this post by Jonathan Guthrie-3
On Jul 25, 2012, at 10:31 PM, Jonathan Guthrie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The easiest way to do that would be to open Terminal.app and paste this in:
>
> sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.lassosoft.lassoinstancemanager.plist;

Just a note to say that if you reboot, those messages will start popping up again and you'll have to re-run the command. To get it to stay off even during reboots, you'll need to add the -w parameter:

    sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.lassosoft.lassoinstancemanager.plist

When you want to re-enable it, you'll have to issue the following command:

    sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.lassosoft.lassoinstancemanager.plist

Of course you could just uninstall lasso 9 and wait until the update for Mountain Lion comes out.


Brad
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lasso 9 and mac OS Lion?

Jim Sheffer-3
In reply to this post by decorior
Brad-

I've been running Lasso 9 on my development machine and server (OSX 10.7.4) for 6 + months now with no problems...

James Sheffer,

The HigherPowered Team!

[hidden email]          [hidden email]
Web Design & Development             http://www.higherpowered.com
phone:  469-256-0268                      
 "We help businesses succeed on the web!"
         -------------------------------------------

On Jul 25, 2012, at 6:36 PM, deco rior wrote:

> Has anyone tried this yet?
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: lasso 9 and mac OS Lion?

Brad Lindsay-2
On Jul 26, 2012, at 10:16 AM, Jim Sheffer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've been running Lasso 9 on my development machine and server (OSX 10.7.4) for 6 + months now with no problems...

Yep. Hence my statement that Lion was fine. Mountain Lion (10.8), however, is not so good.

Brad
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>