Quantcast

knop.lasso not loading from library?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

knop.lasso not loading from library?

Jason Pettis-2
Hello,
I'm new to knop but am very excited about what the framework can do. I have successfully installed knop on a dev site, but I need to set it up in a different location to access a different set of databases. I've created a new lasso site, and put knop.lasso into the site's "LassoLibraries" directory. When I try to access my site, I'm getting the error "No tag, type or constant was defined under the name "knop_database" which tells me that knop.lasso isn't being loaded. But, I'm stuck as to how to resolve this.

Server: Windows Server 2003 r2, lasso 8.5

Any guidance is appreciated!

-Jason Pettis
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: knop.lasso not loading from library?

Jason Pettis-2
Well, I may have solved my problem, though I don't know why.

When I first set up knop, the files I downloaded were dated 2008, and the knop.lasso file was ~300k. I then saw things moved over to gethub, and that there were newer files, so I downloaded from there and saw that the knop.lasso file was ~1200k. I replaced the older knop.lasso with the newer.

In moving to my new server, I just copied up the 1200k file. After much struggle, I replaced it with the 300k file, restarted the site, and then re-replaced the 1200k file. Now it works.

Bizarre!

-jason

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Jason Pettis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
I'm new to knop but am very excited about what the framework can do. I have successfully installed knop on a dev site, but I need to set it up in a different location to access a different set of databases. I've created a new lasso site, and put knop.lasso into the site's "LassoLibraries" directory. When I try to access my site, I'm getting the error "No tag, type or constant was defined under the name "knop_database" which tells me that knop.lasso isn't being loaded. But, I'm stuck as to how to resolve this.

Server: Windows Server 2003 r2, lasso 8.5

Any guidance is appreciated!

-Jason Pettis

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: knop.lasso not loading from library?

stevepiercy
Hi Jason,

Yup, at some point, we should update or delete the Google SVN
version of the repo.  Probably a big friendly sign post saying:

     THIS REPOSITORY IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED AND HAS BEEN MOVE
TO GITHUB:
     https://github.com/knop-project/knop

I don't have access to the Google project to do that.

It sounds, however, that you have misconfigured your Lasso
Sites.  For example, I have a LassoSite named "knop8" for Knop 8.

In ServerAdmin > Sites > Sites > Sites, make sure the Site
Criteria matches your Knop site.  Mine is:

Site Criteria

     Host Name   Host Root
     knop8       \%

Make sure you do not have other LassoSites using this same Site
Criteria and that it is unique to this LassoSite.

Make sure you put knop.lasso in the proper LassoSite directory:

     /Applications/Lasso Professional 8/LassoSites/knop8-#/LassoLibraries

where # is the proper LassoSite number.

Make sure you do NOT have knop.lasso installed in the Server
scope to avoid conflicts (due to namespacing, I don't know
whether you could have knop.lasso at both the server and site
scope, but I imagine it would be bad if you tried):

     /Applications/Lasso Professional 8/LassoLibraries

Finally, restart the necessary scope to clear and reload the
knop.lasso libraries.

On the first page load, you may get errors or funky stuff.  
Merely reload the page and it should work.

Do you think I should be more explicit with the installation
instructions?  If so, you can edit the instructions and submit a
pull request.  Instructions of how to work with GitHub and the
Knop Project are here:
https://github.com/knop-project/knop/blob/master/docs/using_git_with_the_knop_project.md

--steve


On 6/13/12 at 10:40 AM, [hidden email] (Jason Pettis) pronounced:

>Well, I may have solved my problem, though I don't know why.
>
>When I first set up knop, the files I downloaded were dated 2008, and the
>knop.lasso file was ~300k. I then saw things moved over to gethub, and that
>there were newer files, so I downloaded from there and saw that the
>knop.lasso file was ~1200k. I replaced the older knop.lasso with the newer.
>
>In moving to my new server, I just copied up the 1200k file. After much
>struggle, I replaced it with the 300k file, restarted the site, and then
>re-replaced the 1200k file. Now it works.
>
>Bizarre!
>
>-jason
>
>On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Jason Pettis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>I'm new to knop but am very excited about what the framework can do. I
>>have successfully installed knop on a dev site, but I need to set it up in
>>a different location to access a different set of databases. I've created a
>>new lasso site, and put knop.lasso into the site's "LassoLibraries"
>>directory. When I try to access my site, I'm getting the error "No tag,
>>type or constant was defined under the name "knop_database" which tells me
>>that knop.lasso isn't being loaded. But, I'm stuck as to how to resolve
>>this.
>>
>>Server: Windows Server 2003 r2, lasso 8.5
>>
>>Any guidance is appreciated!
>>
>>-Jason Pettis
>>
>

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder              
Soquel, CA
<[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>


--
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lasso.2283332.n4.nabble.com/Knop-Framework-Discussion-f3157831.html
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
Google Code has the latest downloads at http://code.google.com/p/knop/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: knop.lasso not loading from library?

Jason Pettis-2
Hi Steve,
The instructions were very clear, which is why I was confused as to why it didn't just "work" like it did on my initial install. My config matched what you described, and was pretty much the same as my successful initial set-up. I think after enough site restarts and page refreshes it finally just clicked through and worked. 

And, my timing was bad on the initial download - I pulled the google code download a week before the github move was made. The github set-up is much nicer, so hopefully the google code page can go away sometime :)

Thanks for the insight!
-Jason

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jason,

Yup, at some point, we should update or delete the Google SVN version of the repo.  Probably a big friendly sign post saying:

   THIS REPOSITORY IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED AND HAS BEEN MOVE TO GITHUB:
   https://github.com/knop-project/knop

I don't have access to the Google project to do that.

It sounds, however, that you have misconfigured your Lasso Sites.  For example, I have a LassoSite named "knop8" for Knop 8.

In ServerAdmin > Sites > Sites > Sites, make sure the Site Criteria matches your Knop site.  Mine is:

Site Criteria

   Host Name   Host Root
   knop8       \%

Make sure you do not have other LassoSites using this same Site Criteria and that it is unique to this LassoSite.

Make sure you put knop.lasso in the proper LassoSite directory:

   /Applications/Lasso Professional 8/LassoSites/knop8-#/LassoLibraries

where # is the proper LassoSite number.

Make sure you do NOT have knop.lasso installed in the Server scope to avoid conflicts (due to namespacing, I don't know whether you could have knop.lasso at both the server and site scope, but I imagine it would be bad if you tried):

   /Applications/Lasso Professional 8/LassoLibraries

Finally, restart the necessary scope to clear and reload the knop.lasso libraries.

On the first page load, you may get errors or funky stuff.  Merely reload the page and it should work.

Do you think I should be more explicit with the installation instructions?  If so, you can edit the instructions and submit a pull request.  Instructions of how to work with GitHub and the Knop Project are here:
https://github.com/knop-project/knop/blob/master/docs/using_git_with_the_knop_project.md

--steve
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: knop.lasso not loading from library?

stevepiercy
It is also possible that the browser cached the result from when
it did not work.  Lately Chrome has been really aggravating me
on this point, and Safari is much worse.

--steve


On 6/13/12 at 4:10 PM, [hidden email] (Jason Pettis) pronounced:

>Hi Steve,
>The instructions were very clear, which is why I was confused as to why it
>didn't just "work" like it did on my initial install. My config matched
>what you described, and was pretty much the same as my successful initial
>set-up. I think after enough site restarts and page refreshes it finally
>just clicked through and worked.
>
>And, my timing was bad on the initial download - I pulled the google code
>download a week before the github move was made. The github set-up is much
>nicer, so hopefully the google code page can go away sometime :)
>
>Thanks for the insight!
>-Jason
>
>On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder <
>[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Hi Jason,
>>
>>Yup, at some point, we should update or delete the Google SVN version of
>>the repo.  Probably a big friendly sign post saying:
>>
>>THIS REPOSITORY IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED AND HAS BEEN MOVE TO GITHUB:
>>https://github.com/knop-**project/knop<https://github.com/knop-project/knop>
>>
>>I don't have access to the Google project to do that.
>>
>>It sounds, however, that you have misconfigured your Lasso Sites.  For
>>example, I have a LassoSite named "knop8" for Knop 8.
>>
>>In ServerAdmin > Sites > Sites > Sites, make sure the Site Criteria
>>matches your Knop site.  Mine is:
>>
>>Site Criteria
>>
>>Host Name   Host Root
>>knop8       \%
>>
>>Make sure you do not have other LassoSites using this same Site Criteria
>>and that it is unique to this LassoSite.
>>
>>Make sure you put knop.lasso in the proper LassoSite directory:
>>
>>/Applications/Lasso Professional 8/LassoSites/knop8-#/**LassoLibraries
>>
>>where # is the proper LassoSite number.
>>
>>Make sure you do NOT have knop.lasso installed in the Server scope to
>>avoid conflicts (due to namespacing, I don't know whether you could have
>>knop.lasso at both the server and site scope, but I imagine it would be bad
>>if you tried):
>>
>>/Applications/Lasso Professional 8/LassoLibraries
>>
>>Finally, restart the necessary scope to clear and reload the knop.lasso
>>libraries.
>>
>>On the first page load, you may get errors or funky stuff.  Merely reload
>>the page and it should work.
>>
>>Do you think I should be more explicit with the installation instructions?
>>If so, you can edit the instructions and submit a pull request.
>>Instructions of how to work with GitHub and the Knop Project are here:
>>https://github.com/knop-**project/knop/blob/master/docs/**
>>
>using_git_with_the_knop_**project.md<https://github.com/knop-project/knop/blob/master/
>docs/using_git_with_the_knop_project.md>
>>
>>--steve
>

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder              
Soquel, CA
<[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>


--
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lasso.2283332.n4.nabble.com/Knop-Framework-Discussion-f3157831.html
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
Google Code has the latest downloads at http://code.google.com/p/knop/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: knop.lasso not loading from library?

Johan Solve-2
In reply to this post by stevepiercy
At 14.56 -0700 2012-06-13, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
>Hi Jason,
>
>Yup, at some point, we should update or delete the Google SVN version of the repo.  Probably a big friendly sign post saying:
>
>    THIS REPOSITORY IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED AND HAS BEEN MOVE TO GITHUB:
>    https://github.com/knop-project/knop
>
>I don't have access to the Google project to do that.


WIll do, or add you as admin.

--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Member, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
     MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
 (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

--
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lasso.2283332.n4.nabble.com/Knop-Framework-Discussion-f3157831.html
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
Google Code has the latest downloads at http://code.google.com/p/knop/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: knop.lasso not loading from library?

stevepiercy
On 6/14/12 at 10:28 AM, [hidden email] (Johan Solve) pronounced:

>At 14.56 -0700 2012-06-13, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
>>Hi Jason,
>>
>>Yup, at some point, we should update or delete the Google SVN version of the repo.
>Probably a big friendly sign post saying:
>>
>>THIS REPOSITORY IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED AND HAS BEEN MOVE TO GITHUB:
>>https://github.com/knop-project/knop
>>
>>I don't have access to the Google project to do that.
>
>
>WIll do, or add you as admin.

Updated the old repo.

http://code.google.com/p/knop/

Hopefully that is clear.

--steve

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder              
Soquel, CA
<[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>


--
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lasso.2283332.n4.nabble.com/Knop-Framework-Discussion-f3157831.html
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
Google Code has the latest downloads at http://code.google.com/p/knop/
Loading...