jina_dayname added to tagswap

Jolle Carlestam
As a side effect of the translation thread I modified my jina_dayname
tag to handle some more languages. The expanded date-relative tag
will have to wait a while since the number of special treatments
needed was so surprisingly large.

But the jina_dayname is now available on Tagswap.
http://www.tagswap.net/jina_dayName

Jina_dayname returns the full day name for a given date. Supported
languages are:
Danish,
Dutch,
English,
Finnish,
French,
German,
Irish Gaelic,
Italian,
Norwegian,
Portuguese,
Spanish
and Swedish.

Day names are capitalised in the format that's the language standard.
For example the English Tuesday is returned as Tuesday, for Swedish
it's returned as tisdag. Returned format can be modified using the
optional -case. Supported cases are 'word|sentence|lower|upper'.

It's easy to use:
        var:'thisday' = (jina_dayName: date, -language = 'se');

To change case from the language standard use -case:
        var:'thisday' = (jina_dayName: date, -language = 'se', -case = 'word|
sentence|lower|upper');

And by the way. I have a jina_monthname as well. But I lack month
names in other languages. So if you want to see a jina_monthname
published please provide month names in your favourite language.

HDB
JC

Re: jina_dayname added to tagswap

Bil Corry-3
Jolle Carlestam wrote on 7/4/2007 10:20 PM:
> But the jina_dayname is now available on Tagswap.
> http://www.tagswap.net/jina_dayName

FWIW, DateTime can also provide the day names in various languages (as provided by Java).  I stopped working on it mostly due to lack of interest from the Lasso community:

<http://www.listsearch.com/Lasso/Message/index.lasso?169291>

> Jina_dayname returns the full day name for a given date. Supported
> languages are:

Just a heads up, the language code for Irish is GA, not IE, Swedish is SV, not SE, and Danish is DA, not DK:

<http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php>

> And by the way. I have a jina_monthname as well. But I lack month names
> in other languages. So if you want to see a jina_monthname published
> please provide month names in your favourite language.

Here's what Java says the month names are (I threw in Greek and Chinese for fun, but could run it against any of the language codes):

da januar februar marts april maj juni juli august september oktober november december
de Januar Februar März April Mai Juni Juli August September Oktober November Dezember
en January February March April May June July August September October November December
el Ιανουάριος Φεβρουάριος Μάρτιος Απρίλιος Μάϊος Ιούνιος Ιούλιος Αύγουστος Σεπτέμβριος Οκτώβριος Νοέμβριος Δεκέμβριος
es enero febrero marzo abril mayo junio julio agosto septiembre octubre noviembre diciembre
fi tammikuu helmikuu maaliskuu huhtikuu toukokuu kesäkuu heinäkuu elokuu syyskuu lokakuu marraskuu joulukuu
fr janvier février mars avril mai juin juillet août septembre octobre novembre décembre
ga Eanáir Feabhra Márta Aibreán Bealtaine Meitheamh Iúil Lúnasa Meán Fómhair Deireadh Fómhair Samhain Nollaig
it gennaio febbraio marzo aprile maggio giugno luglio agosto settembre ottobre novembre dicembre
nl januari februari maart april mei juni juli augustus september oktober november december
no januar februar mars april mai juni juli august september oktober november desember
pt Janeiro Fevereiro Março Abril Maio Junho Julho Agosto Setembro Outubro Novembro Dezembro
sv januari februari mars april maj juni juli augusti september oktober november december
zh 一月 二月 三月 四月 五月 六月 七月 八月 九月 十月 十一月 十二月

For comparison, here are the days of the week as reported by Java:

da mandag tirsdag onsdag torsdag fredag lørdag søndag
de Montag Dienstag Mittwoch Donnerstag Freitag Samstag Sonntag
en Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
el Δευτέρα Τρίτη Τετάρτη Πέμπτη Παρασκευή Σάββατο Κυριακή
es lunes martes miércoles jueves viernes sábado domingo
fi maanantai tiistai keskiviikko torstai perjantai lauantai sunnuntai
fr lundi mardi mercredi jeudi vendredi samedi dimanche
ga Dé Luain Dé Máirt Dé Céadaoin Déardaoin Dé hAoine Dé Sathairn Dé Domhnaigh
it lunedì martedì mercoledì giovedì venerdì sabato domenica
nl maandag dinsdag woensdag donderdag vrijdag zaterdag zondag
no mandag tirsdag onsdag torsdag fredag lørdag søndag
pt Segunda-feira Terça-feira Quarta-feira Quinta-feira Sexta-feira Sábado Domingo
sv måndag tisdag onsdag torsdag fredag lördag söndag
zh 星期一 星期二 星期三 星期四 星期五 星期六 星期日

Bil Corry wrote on 7/5/2007 10:53 AM:
> da januar februar marts april maj juni juli august september oktober
> november december de Januar Februar März April Mai Juni Juli August
> September Oktober November Dezember en January February March April May

I love it when Thunderbird helpfully removes line endings.  Here's the list again, this time with double line endings so Thunderbird can remove one set and let us with one for formatting:

5 jul 2007 kl. 19.53 skrev Bil Corry:

> Jolle Carlestam wrote on 7/4/2007 10:20 PM:
>> But the jina_dayname is now available on Tagswap.
>> http://www.tagswap.net/jina_dayName
>
> FWIW, DateTime can also provide the day names in various languages
> (as provided by Java).  I stopped working on it mostly due to lack
> of interest from the Lasso community:
>
> <http://www.listsearch.com/Lasso/Message/index.lasso?169291>

Oh how I hate losing memory and mind. Now that you mention it I
remember downloading your datetime. Completely forgot it. So maybe
jinaDayname and jinaMonthname are obsolete, datetime really
outperforms them, but I'll still update them with correct country codes.

HDB
JC