include_url control

Steve Upton

I'm using include_url to communicate with another process (non-Lasso) on our server, pass it parameters and receive results.

It's all working quite well until the size of the parameters exceed a certain size and then the HTTP request from Lasso (with POST-parameters) no longer includes the parameters but instead includes "Expect: 100-continue" in the header. This creates a handling problem in the receiving process and I'd really like it to just submit the parameters...

I've read that http/1.0 will not try to "continue" the submission. Is there a way I can get Lasso to POST the include_url using http 1.0 instead of 1.1?... help!

thanks

Steve

Re: include_url control

Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV)
Steve Upton wrote:

> I'm using include_url to communicate with another process (non-Lasso) on our server, pass it parameters and receive results.
>
> It's all working quite well until the size of the parameters exceed a certain size and then the HTTP request from Lasso (with POST-parameters) no longer includes the parameters but instead includes "Expect: 100-continue" in the header. This creates a handling problem in the receiving process and I'd really like it to just submit the parameters...
>
> I've read that http/1.0 will not try to "continue" the submission. Is there a way I can get Lasso to POST the include_url using http 1.0 instead of 1.1?... help!
>
> thanks
>
> Steve

Wouldn't it be an option to write (part of) the parameters to a file on
your server and have the other process read out the file or something?
Or don't you have control over the other process?

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu nv - [hidden email]

Re: include_url control

James Harvard
AFAIK include_url is an interface to cURL http://curl.haxx.se/ - perhaps you can find some info there on how to avoid this. If you can't hack a workaround with include_url then you could use os_process to interact with cURL directly.

Oh, here you go!
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#My_HTTP_POST_or_PUT_requests_are

>I'm using include_url to communicate with another process (non-Lasso) on our server, pass it parameters and receive results.
>
>It's all working quite well until the size of the parameters exceed a certain size and then the HTTP request from Lasso (with POST-parameters) no longer includes the parameters but instead includes "Expect: 100-continue" in the header. This creates a handling problem in the receiving process and I'd really like it to just submit the parameters...
>
>I've read that http/1.0 will not try to "continue" the submission. Is there a way I can get Lasso to POST the include_url using http 1.0 instead of 1.1?... help!
>
>thanks
>
>Steve

Re: include_url control

Steve Upton
At 4:00 PM +0100 4/12/10, James Harvard wrote:
>AFAIK include_url is an interface to cURL http://curl.haxx.se/ - perhaps you can find some info there on how to avoid this. If you can't hack a workaround with include_url then you could use os_process to interact with cURL directly.
>
>Oh, here you go!
>http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#My_HTTP_POST_or_PUT_requests_are

that's great information. thank you!

Here is the relevant cURL mod:

"You can disable libcurl's use of the Expect: header the same way you disable
any header, using -H / CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, or by forcing it to use HTTP 1.0.
"

Now the next question...  I this exposed in Lasso 8 in any way?

I am trying to avoid writing to a file as the process might not always be on the same server. (it's not during development, for instance)

thanks!

steve

Re: include_url control

Steve Upton
At 4:00 PM +0100 4/12/10, James Harvard wrote:
>AFAIK include_url is an interface to cURL http://curl.haxx.se/ - perhaps you can find some info there on how to avoid this. If you can't hack a workaround with include_url then you could use os_process to interact with cURL directly.
>
>Oh, here you go!
>http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#My_HTTP_POST_or_PUT_requests_are

thanks for your help on this one.

For the record I was able to get things going by calling cURL directly through os_process and using the -H "Expect:" switches.

It required some forced learning of OS_process and cURL but it worked out OK

thanks

Steve