foo.example.com

Patrick Larkin
  Hello -

Occasionally, I'll come in to work and one of our Lasso servers will
be freaking out.  Any URL you go to will be rediected to the
following URL:

http://foo.example.com/cgi-bin/tester

I reboot the server and all is well.  Anyone ever see this or know
what causes it?

Patrick

Re: foo.example.com

Patrick Larkin
I'm using Lasso 6.x.

On May 26, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Alan Linnenbank wrote:

> I bet your lasso 8. As far as I know it happens when a site process
> doesn't answer for that site and the master process reroutes you
> there.
>
> Alan
>
> On donderdag, 26 mei 2005 14:31, Patrick Larkin
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>   Hello -
>
> Occasionally, I'll come in to work and one of our Lasso servers will
> be freaking out.  Any URL you go to will be rediected to the
> following URL:
>
> http://foo.example.com/cgi-bin/tester
>
> I reboot the server and all is well.  Anyone ever see this or know
> what causes it?
>
> Patrick

Re: foo.example.com

Patrick,

Check your httpd.conf file for lines that contain "foo" , comment them
out, and restart Apache. I was trying to find the specific line in
ListSearch but no luck.

There wasn't anything relevant in my current httpd.conf on OS 10.4.1,
but I have seen what you are describing before and it's definitely an
Apache thing, and whatever it was, disabling it didn't seem to hurt
anything.

Wish I could be more specific,
Jason

On 5/26/05, Patrick Larkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm using Lasso 6.x.
>

> On May 26, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Alan Linnenbank wrote:
>
> > I bet your lasso 8. As far as I know it happens when a site process
> > doesn't answer for that site and the master process reroutes you
> > there.
> >
> > Alan
> >
> > On donderdag, 26 mei 2005 14:31, Patrick Larkin
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >   Hello -
> >
> > Occasionally, I'll come in to work and one of our Lasso servers will
> > be freaking out.  Any URL you go to will be rediected to the
> > following URL:
> >
> > http://foo.example.com/cgi-bin/tester
> >
> > I reboot the server and all is well.  Anyone ever see this or know
> > what causes it?
> >
> > Patrick
> >
> > --

Re: foo.example.com

Thomas Waters
I can see this same thing if the web server is messed up- so I thought
it was an apache thing, not a lasso thing.

On May 26, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Alan Linnenbank wrote:

> I bet your lasso 8. As far as I know it happens when a site process
> doesn't answer for that site and the master process reroutes you
> there.
>
> Alan
>
> On donderdag, 26 mei 2005 14:31, Patrick Larkin <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>   Hello -
>
> Occasionally, I'll come in to work and one of our Lasso servers will
> be freaking out.  Any URL you go to will be rediected to the
> following URL:
>
> http://foo.example.com/cgi-bin/tester
>
> I reboot the server and all is well.  Anyone ever see this or know
> what causes it?
>
> Patrick
NOTE: new email address
--
Thomas Waters
Director of Information and Communication Services

Re: foo.example.com

Patrick Larkin
Thanks.  Apparently, foo.example.com is the default page for an error
500, Internal Server Error.

Now I need to figure out why I'm getting ISE's.

On May 26, 2005, at 8:55 AM, Jason Huck wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> Check your httpd.conf file for lines that contain "foo" , comment them
> out, and restart Apache. I was trying to find the specific line in
> ListSearch but no luck.
>
> There wasn't anything relevant in my current httpd.conf on OS 10.4.1,
> but I have seen what you are describing before and it's definitely an
> Apache thing, and whatever it was, disabling it didn't seem to hurt
> anything.
>
> Wish I could be more specific,
> Jason
>

> On 5/26/05, Patrick Larkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm using Lasso 6.x.
>>

>> On May 26, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Alan Linnenbank wrote:
>>

>>> I bet your lasso 8. As far as I know it happens when a site process
>>> doesn't answer for that site and the master process reroutes you
>>> there.
>>>
>>> Alan
>>>
>>> On donderdag, 26 mei 2005 14:31, Patrick Larkin
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>   Hello -
>>>
>>> Occasionally, I'll come in to work and one of our Lasso servers will
>>> be freaking out.  Any URL you go to will be rediected to the
>>> following URL:
>>>
>>> http://foo.example.com/cgi-bin/tester
>>>
>>> I reboot the server and all is well.  Anyone ever see this or know
>>> what causes it?
>>>
>>> Patrick
>>>
>>> --

Re: foo.example.com

Douglas Burchard
On May 26, 2005, at 6:01 AM, Patrick Larkin wrote:

> Thanks.  Apparently, foo.example.com is the default page for an
> error 500, Internal Server Error.
>
> Now I need to figure out why I'm getting ISE's.

I'v been having some luck (?) crashing an install of LP6. When this
happens Apache returns ISEs (actually, I still have it redirecting to
foo.example.com). Restarting the machine like you've done would
certainly "solve" the problem.

Next time, use the CLI to issue a 'sudo ./stopLassoService.command'.
If Lasso has crashed it will tell you that Lasso wasn't running. Then
just use 'sudo ./startLassoService.command' to restart Lasso. As soon
as you get Lasso restarted, use 'tail /Applications/
LassoProfessional6/LassoErrors.txt' to see what was logged just
before Lasso crashed.

Lasso *should* automatically restart itself after a crash, but
occasionally will not.

--
Douglas Burchard, President
DouglasBurchard.com, Web Applications