"doctor, doctor, my old fella's turning into a steering wheel! It's
driving me nuts!"
I'm guessing that most of you are yanks (American) and so being from the
land down under (Australia) I'm not sure that I'm going to get help
here. Last time I asked for help from OmniPilot, though, they sent me
here, so here goes:
Setup is Lasso Pro 7.01, MacOSX 10.3.9 and Filemaker 6.
US date/time is month/day/year. Australian date/time is
day/month/year. My computer is set to Australian and Filemaker displays
dates in Australian format. However when I do a date search I have to
swap it into American format. No big drama, right? Not quite. I have
two fields, the dates over which an event is held. One is the start
date and the other the end. Unless I put the dates into American
format, my code doesn't work right for the start date. BUT I have to
then quote the end date in Australian format. I've double checked my
code & there is no logical explaination. For one field it seems I have
to quote American format, and another in the same database Australian.
Now computers are pretty dumb - they only do what they're told - so I'm
completely stumped on this one.
> BUT I have to then quote the end date in Australian format. I've
> double checked my code & there is no logical explaination. For one
> field it seems I have to quote American format, and another in the
> same database Australian. Now computers are pretty dumb - they
> only do what they're told - so I'm completely stumped on this one.
Double check that the fields in FileMaker are both date fields. Other
IIRC, I had exactly the same problem with a FileMaker database. One
field had to be talked to in American format, t'other in ROW format.
At some stage it mysteriously changed itself so I tweaked the code
and on we went.
I'd point the finger at FileMaker. You could try rebuilding the
database and saving as a compressed copy - repeat a couple of times.
Such voodoo occasionally clears strange issues. Other than that, not
much I can suggest - except move to SQLite or MySQL.