container tags in includes

Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV)
Hi list,

I'm trying to write a custom container tag, but I encountered some
weirdness. It seems like if you define a container tag in an include,
Lasso seems to think it's not a container tag for some reason. Here's an
example:

-- container.lasso --
<?Lassoscript
include('container_include.lasso');
moo;
/moo;
?>

-- container_include.lasso --
<?Lassoscript
define_tag('moo',-container);
        return('moo');
/define_tag;
?>

If I call container.lasso, I get the following error:
Could not find opening '/moo'. "/moo" at:
/test/container_tag/container.lasso on line 4 at position 1.

If I drop '/moo', the tag acts like a normal non-container custom tag.
If I move the contents from container_include.lasso into
container.lasso, it acts like a container tag should.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here?

thanks,
Jonathan
--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu nv - [hidden email]

Re: container tags in includes

Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV)
It seems like it doesn't happen when I use 'library' instead of
'include'. I guess I should have used that one instead for custom tags.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu nv - [hidden email]

Re: container tags in includes

Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV)
disregard my previous message, it doesn't make a difference whether I
use library or include, I guess something was still in some sort of
cache somewhere.

--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu nv - [hidden email]

Re: container tags in includes

Daniel Logue
I think container tags need to be loaded in your LassoLibraries folder in order to work.

--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu nv - [hidden email]

Re: container tags in includes

Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV)
But it works if it's defined in the same Lasso file that calls it. Is
there a difference in scope between something that was included or
something that's been defined in the same file?

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu nv - [hidden email]