case sensitive search FMSA vs. FM > 7

Erlend Garåsen
Hi,

I'm going to set an application into production today, but found out
that after changing the database from FM5 to FMSA, the search is no
longer case sensitive. I guess I could find out why by digging into this
problem, but unfortunately I do not have the time to do so.

How can I perform a case insensitive search?

Lasso 7.1.3, Linux.

Re: case sensitive search FMSA vs. FM > 7

Pierre Yelle

On 19-Sep-05, at 12:41 AM, Erlend Garåsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm going to set an application into production today, but found out
> that after changing the database from FM5 to FMSA, the search is no
> longer case sensitive. I guess I could find out why by digging into
> this problem, but unfortunately I do not have the time to do so.
>
> How can I perform a case insensitive search?
>
> Lasso 7.1.3, Linux.

Make the storage of the filemaker field ASCII

Pierre Yelle wrote:

> On 19-Sep-05, at 12:41 AM, Erlend Gar?sen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm going to set an application into production today, but found out
>> that after changing the database from FM5 to FMSA, the search is no
>> longer case sensitive. I guess I could find out why by digging into
>> this problem, but unfortunately I do not have the time to do so.
>>
>> How can I perform a case insensitive search?
>>
>> Lasso 7.1.3, Linux.
>>

> Make the storage of the filemaker field ASCII

Thanks for the tip, but I am afraid that ASCII will cause problems with
the Norwegian character set used in the database. If Lasso could accept
character sets other than UTF-8, this would probably not be a problem.

Erlend

Re: case sensitive search FMSA vs. FM > 7

Adam Randall
FMSA exports everything as UTF8 unless you've somehow changed that
data export.

Adam.

--
Adam Randall <[hidden email]>