Who's using Lasso

1234 ... 6

Who's using Lasso

Ian Blackford
Sorry for this, if I didn't need an answer quickly I would do some more
research.

A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site using
Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service provider
saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'

So my client has just asked me what other sites out there are using Lasso
and can he see them etc. I'm looking for big names that I can wow him with.

Also is there a central resource where we can all list our sites so we can
send doubting Thomas's too in the future?

Best Regards

ICB

---------------

. Ian Blackford

. Tel:     01952 503459
. Mobile:  07970 250168
. web:     http://www.designconscious.com/
. Skype:   designconscious.com

'THE 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WITH THEIR WEBSITE' by Ian Blackford

Get a free e-course of 7 tips emailed to you on how to avoid the pitfalls
of website management just by registering online at:
http://www.designconscious.com/tips

Re: Who's using Lasso

Brad Hill
www.cablebahamas.com

is using lasso 7 with Duncan Cameron's dCore framework.

On 1/31/07, Ian Blackford <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry for this, if I didn't need an answer quickly I would do some more
> research.
>
> A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site using
> Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service provider
> saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'
>
> So my client has just asked me what other sites out there are using Lasso
> and can he see them etc. I'm looking for big names that I can wow him with.
>
> Also is there a central resource where we can all list our sites so we can
> send doubting Thomas's too in the future?
>
> Best Regards
>
> ICB
>
> ---------------
>
> . Ian Blackford
>
> . Tel:     01952 503459
> . Mobile:  07970 250168
> . web:     http://www.designconscious.com/
> . Skype:   designconscious.com

> 'THE 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WITH THEIR WEBSITE' by Ian Blackford
>
> Get a free e-course of 7 tips emailed to you on how to avoid the pitfalls
> of website management just by registering online at:
> http://www.designconscious.com/tips

Brad

Re: Who's using Lasso

Duncan Cameron
http://www.lassodevelopment.com/sites/sitesA.lasso

or

http://www.lassosites.com

there is dCore version being released soon however but this is okay for the next 60 days.

Re: Who's using Lasso

Brett Harvey
Many places us it behind the scenes.  Apple uses it. Disney.  Are
those big enough names? lol

>Sorry for this, if I didn't need an answer quickly I would do some more
>research.
>
>A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site using
>Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service provider
>saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'
>
>So my client has just asked me what other sites out there are using Lasso
>and can he see them etc. I'm looking for big names that I can wow him with.
>
>Also is there a central resource where we can all list our sites so we can
>send doubting Thomas's too in the future?
>
>Best Regards
>
>ICB
>
>---------------
>
>. Ian Blackford
>
>. Tel:     01952 503459
>. Mobile:  07970 250168
>. web:     http://www.designconscious.com/
>. Skype:   designconscious.com

>'THE 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WITH THEIR WEBSITE' by Ian Blackford
>
>Get a free e-course of 7 tips emailed to you on how to avoid the pitfalls
>of website management just by registering online at:
>http://www.designconscious.com/tips

Re: Who's using Lasso

Brian Loomis-2
look at the case studies on omnipilot's site

also go to monster.com and do a search on lasso.

On Jan 31, 2007, at 10:27 AM, Duncan Cameron wrote:

> http://www.lassodevelopment.com/sites/sitesA.lasso
>
> or
>
> http://www.lassosites.com
>
> there is dCore version being released soon however but this is okay
> for the next 60 days.

Re: Who's using Lasso

Brian Loomis-2
spamhaus uses it also.

http://www.spamhaus.org/

On Jan 31, 2007, at 10:27 AM, Duncan Cameron wrote:

> http://www.lassodevelopment.com/sites/sitesA.lasso
>
> or
>
> http://www.lassosites.com
>
> there is dCore version being released soon however but this is okay
> for the next 60 days.

Re: Who's using Lasso

Paul Melia

On Jan 31, 2007, at 12:24 PM, Ian Blackford wrote:

> Sorry for this, if I didn't need an answer quickly I would do some
> more
> research.
>
> A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site
> using
> Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service
> provider
> saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'
>
> So my client has just asked me what other sites out there are using
> Lasso
> and can he see them etc. I'm looking for big names that I can wow
> him with.
>
> Also is there a central resource where we can all list our sites so
> we can
> send doubting Thomas's too in the future?
>
> Best Regards
>
> ICB

United Nations Equator Initiative Knowledge Base

http://www.equatorinitiative.net

I wrote this Lasso solution which puts 6 years of this UN program's
data into an easy to use format for researchers, staff, the general
public and, most importantly, people in developing Equatorial nations
who would benefit from the knowledge of what others in similar
circumstances are doing.

There is an article about this project in Omnipilot's "What People
Are Saying" section -> http://www.omnipilot.com/What+People+Are
+Saying.1570.lasso

Recently, we enhanced and used the system to conduct the 2006 Equator
Prize competition.
It was presented in four languages and had participants from over 40
countries within the entire Equatorial zone.
We also conducted the entire jurying process online using Lasso to
create a sophisticated system that allowed administrators to manage
the process effectively (quickly be notified of conflicts of interest
or other problems and be able to address them, a dashboard that
showed juror progress, realtime scoring and ranking, etc)
This was the first time this unit had ever tried something like this
and they were ecstatic with the results. They especially like Lasso's
file handling, mail and security features.

FWIW,
Paul M.

Re: Who's using Lasso

Kerry Adams
Ian Blackford wrote:
> Sorry for this, if I didn't need an answer quickly I would do some more
> research.
>
> A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site using
> Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service provider
> saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'
>
> So my client has just asked me what other sites out there are using Lasso
> and can he see them etc. I'm looking for big names that I can wow him with.

the always popular:

http://www.spamhaus.org/

or

http://guide.apple.com/
(under the Browse By Category frame)

And others that I've come across (this is in no particular order)

http://www.aicr.org/ <http://www.omnipilot.com/>
<http://listsearch.com/>
http://www.nvar.com/

http://workbook.com/

http://www.hispanichealth.org/

http://www.galvnews.com/

http://www.rhino.com/

http://www.bossstaffing.com/

http://www.lassoforge.com/

<http://pointinspace.com/>http://www.lassodevelopment.com/

http://www.centier.com/

-kerry

Re: Who's using Lasso

Duncan Cameron
Also the majority of British Golf clubs are Lasso driven as the old LDCMS is now Club View owned by Web Creative and the top selling Golf Course software in the UK.

http://www.clubview.co.uk/

Re: Who's using Lasso

Mark Palmer

Google index.lasso, home.lasso or default.lasso and see what shows up.

Of course you going to miss out on sites where Lasso is
processing .htm or .html but it's a starter for 10.

On 31 Jan 2007, at 17:24, Ian Blackford wrote:

> Sorry for this, if I didn't need an answer quickly I would do some
> more
> research.
>
> A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site
> using
> Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service
> provider
> saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'
>
> So my client has just asked me what other sites out there are using
> Lasso
> and can he see them etc. I'm looking for big names that I can wow
> him with.
>
> Also is there a central resource where we can all list our sites so
> we can
> send doubting Thomas's too in the future?
>
> Best Regards
>
> ICB
>
> ---------------
>
> . Ian Blackford
>
> . Tel:     01952 503459
> . Mobile:  07970 250168
> . web:     http://www.designconscious.com/
> . Skype:   designconscious.com

> ====
>
> 'THE 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WITH THEIR WEBSITE' by Ian
> Blackford
>
> Get a free e-course of 7 tips emailed to you on how to avoid the
> pitfalls
> of website management just by registering online at:
> http://www.designconscious.com/tips

> ====

Regards

Mark Palmer
E: [hidden email]
T: 01902 620500
W: www.pageworks.co.uk

Re: Who's using Lasso

Fletcher Sandbeck
> look at the case studies on omnipilot's site

This page has some great examples.

<http://www.omnipilot.com/What+People+Are+Saying.1570.lasso>

Director of Product Development       http://www.lassostudio.com
OmniPilot Software, Inc.                http://www.omnipilot.com

Re: Who's using Lasso

Mason Miller
SiteWelder uses Lasso:

http://www.sitewelder.com/

Mason

Ian Blackford wrote:

> Sorry for this, if I didn't need an answer quickly I would do some more
> research.
>
> A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site using
> Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service provider
> saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'
>
> So my client has just asked me what other sites out there are using Lasso
> and can he see them etc. I'm looking for big names that I can wow him with.
>
> Also is there a central resource where we can all list our sites so we can
> send doubting Thomas's too in the future?
>
> Best Regards
>
> ICB
>
> ---------------
>
> . Ian Blackford
>
> . Tel:     01952 503459
> . Mobile:  07970 250168
> . web:     http://www.designconscious.com/
> . Skype:   designconscious.com

> 'THE 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WITH THEIR WEBSITE' by Ian Blackford
>
> Get a free e-course of 7 tips emailed to you on how to avoid the pitfalls
> of website management just by registering online at:
> http://www.designconscious.com/tips

Re: Who's using Lasso

Mark Palmer
With sites using Lasso to process .htm pages I just got to wondering
if Google etc. store the response header from  a site, and if so is
it possible to search for "Server: Lasso/8"

On 31 Jan 2007, at 17:24, Ian Blackford wrote:

> Sorry for this, if I didn't need an answer quickly I would do some
> more
> research.
>
> A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site
> using
> Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service
> provider
> saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'
>
> So my client has just asked me what other sites out there are using
> Lasso
> and can he see them etc. I'm looking for big names that I can wow
> him with.
>
> Also is there a central resource where we can all list our sites so
> we can
> send doubting Thomas's too in the future?
>
> Best Regards
>
> ICB
>
> ---------------
>
> . Ian Blackford
>
> . Tel:     01952 503459
> . Mobile:  07970 250168
> . web:     http://www.designconscious.com/
> . Skype:   designconscious.com

> ====
>
> 'THE 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WITH THEIR WEBSITE' by Ian
> Blackford
>
> Get a free e-course of 7 tips emailed to you on how to avoid the
> pitfalls
> of website management just by registering online at:
> http://www.designconscious.com/tips

> ====

Regards

Mark Palmer
E: [hidden email]
T: 01902 620500
W: www.pageworks.co.uk

Re: Who's using Lasso

Marc Vos-3
And we at Goodyear Dunlop Tires Germany. You can't access our site
because it's not for the world, but this one's free accessible:

    http://82.94.219.20/~gdybiz/til/index.lasso

And these guys use it: http://www.tweedehandsmac.nl/

- -
Marc Vos
GDTG

Ian Blackford wrote:

> Sorry for this, if I didn't need an answer quickly I would do some more
> research.
>
> A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site using
> Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service provider
> saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'
>
> So my client has just asked me what other sites out there are using Lasso
> and can he see them etc. I'm looking for big names that I can wow him with.
>
> Also is there a central resource where we can all list our sites so we can
> send doubting Thomas's too in the future?
>
> Best Regards
>
> ICB
>
> ---------------
>
> . Ian Blackford
>
> . Tel:     01952 503459
> . Mobile:  07970 250168
> . web:     http://www.designconscious.com/
> . Skype:   designconscious.com

> 'THE 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WITH THEIR WEBSITE' by Ian Blackford
>
> Get a free e-course of 7 tips emailed to you on how to avoid the pitfalls
> of website management just by registering online at:
> http://www.designconscious.com/tips

Re: Who's using Lasso

Trevor Borgmeier
JCPenney's Fun Family Rewards site uses lasso...

www.funfamilyrewards.com

Ian Blackford wrote:

> Sorry for this, if I didn't need an answer quickly I would do some more
> research.
>
> A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site using
> Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service provider
> saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'
>
> So my client has just asked me what other sites out there are using Lasso
> and can he see them etc. I'm looking for big names that I can wow him with.
>
> Also is there a central resource where we can all list our sites so we can
> send doubting Thomas's too in the future?
>
> Best Regards
>
> ICB
>
> ---------------
>
> . Ian Blackford
>
> . Tel:     01952 503459
> . Mobile:  07970 250168
> . web:     http://www.designconscious.com/
> . Skype:   designconscious.com

> 'THE 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WITH THEIR WEBSITE' by Ian Blackford
>
> Get a free e-course of 7 tips emailed to you on how to avoid the pitfalls
> of website management just by registering online at:
> http://www.designconscious.com/tips

Re: Who's using Lasso

Mark Palmer
I imagine a lot of what we do is not for public consumption.

I've done work in Lasso for the Royal Bank of Scotland and the
Financial Times. But there's nothing I can link Ian to unfortunately. :(

It's odd how people fear the unknown and fail to appreciate you can
write crap code in any language.

On 31 Jan 2007, at 17:57, Marc Vos wrote:

> And we at Goodyear Dunlop Tires Germany. You can't access our site
> because it's not for the world, but this one's free accessible:
>
>    http://82.94.219.20/~gdybiz/til/index.lasso
>
> And these guys use it: http://www.tweedehandsmac.nl/
>

> - -
> Marc Vos
> GDTG
>

> Ian Blackford wrote:
>> Sorry for this, if I didn't need an answer quickly I would do some
>> more
>> research.
>>
>> A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site
>> using
>> Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service
>> provider
>> saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'
>>
>> So my client has just asked me what other sites out there are
>> using Lasso
>> and can he see them etc. I'm looking for big names that I can wow
>> him with.
>>
>> Also is there a central resource where we can all list our sites
>> so we can
>> send doubting Thomas's too in the future?
>>
>> Best Regards
>>
>> ICB
>>
>> ---------------
>>
>> . Ian Blackford
>>
>> . Tel:     01952 503459
>> . Mobile:  07970 250168
>> . web:     http://www.designconscious.com/
>> . Skype:   designconscious.com

>> =====
>>
>> 'THE 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WITH THEIR WEBSITE' by Ian
>> Blackford
>>
>> Get a free e-course of 7 tips emailed to you on how to avoid the
>> pitfalls
>> of website management just by registering online at:
>> http://www.designconscious.com/tips

>> =====

>> lassotalk.lasso?manage

Regards

Mark Palmer
E: [hidden email]
T: 01902 620500
W: www.pageworks.co.uk

Re: Who's using Lasso

Mark Palmer wrote on 1/31/2007 9:49 AM:

> Google index.lasso, home.lasso or default.lasso and see what shows up.
>
> Of course you going to miss out on sites where Lasso is processing .htm
> or .html but it's a starter for 10.

If you search for a Lasso error page, you can then find sites that use Lasso, but perhaps not the .lasso extension:

<http://www.google.com/search?q=lasso+%22An+error+occurred+while+processing+your+request%22&hl=en>

Re: Who's using Lasso

Robert Carpenter
If they're in Seattle or San Francisco they may have heard of some the
events we do (and the sites that support them): http://bumbershoot.org ,
http://familyfourth.org , http://onereel.org ,  http:// zinzanni.org .

The last two won Gold and Silver Pinnacle medals respectively this year for
Best Web Site in class from the International Festival & Events Association
(http://ifea.com), and Bumbershoot and Family Fourth Of July have won in
years past. All are Lasso-powered.

(Hey! Not tooting my own horn here...just trying to help a guy out!)

HTH!
-robert-

> Sorry for this, if I didn't need an answer quickly I would do some more
> research.
>
> A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site using
> Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service provider
> saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'
>
> So my client has just asked me what other sites out there are using Lasso
> and can he see them etc. I'm looking for big names that I can wow him with.
>
> Also is there a central resource where we can all list our sites so we can
> send doubting Thomas's too in the future?
>
> Best Regards
>
> ICB
>
> ---------------
>
> . Ian Blackford
>
> . Tel:     01952 503459
> . Mobile:  07970 250168
> . web:     http://www.designconscious.com/
> . Skype:   designconscious.com

> 'THE 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WITH THEIR WEBSITE' by Ian Blackford
>
> Get a free e-course of 7 tips emailed to you on how to avoid the pitfalls
> of website management just by registering online at:
> http://www.designconscious.com/tips

Re: Who's using Lasso

Mason Miller
I worked on some onereel and bumbershoot e-commerce stuff a few years
back(like 1999).  Nice to see they are still using Lasso.

Mason

Robert Carpenter wrote:

> If they're in Seattle or San Francisco they may have heard of some the
> events we do (and the sites that support them): http://bumbershoot.org ,
> http://familyfourth.org , http://onereel.org ,  http:// zinzanni.org .
>
> The last two won Gold and Silver Pinnacle medals respectively this year for
> Best Web Site in class from the International Festival & Events Association
> (http://ifea.com), and Bumbershoot and Family Fourth Of July have won in
> years past. All are Lasso-powered.
>
> (Hey! Not tooting my own horn here...just trying to help a guy out!)
>
> HTH!
> -robert-
>

>> Sorry for this, if I didn't need an answer quickly I would do some more
>> research.
>>
>> A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site using
>> Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service provider
>> saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'
>>
>> So my client has just asked me what other sites out there are using Lasso
>> and can he see them etc. I'm looking for big names that I can wow him with.
>>
>> Also is there a central resource where we can all list our sites so we can
>> send doubting Thomas's too in the future?
>>
>> Best Regards
>>
>> ICB
>>
>> ---------------
>>
>> . Ian Blackford
>>
>> . Tel:     01952 503459
>> . Mobile:  07970 250168
>> . web:     http://www.designconscious.com/
>> . Skype:   designconscious.com
>>
>> ==========================================================================
>>
>> 'THE 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WITH THEIR WEBSITE' by Ian Blackford
>>
>> Get a free e-course of 7 tips emailed to you on how to avoid the pitfalls
>> of website management just by registering online at:
>> http://www.designconscious.com/tips
>>
>> ==========================================================================

Re: Who's using Lasso

Viaduct Productions
Ask him who his ISP is.  I'm sure most of us haven't heard of them
either.  Then remind him the internets is a big place, and while a
Big Mac is certainly from a big company, it's not necessarily the best.

On Jan 31, 2007, at 12:24 PM, Ian Blackford wrote:

> A new client of mine (who is totally OK with me developing is site
> using
> Lasso) has had a warning email sent to him by his internet service
> provider
> saying 'we've never heard of Lasso - beware!'

Rich in Toronto

1234 ... 6