Understanding how Lasso searches

Lee Glickenhaus
Just sitting here musing, and wondered about how Lasso handles a "contains"
search

     search for: smith   -- I get

    what about: smith jones  -- does this find the phrase "smith jones" or
does it find records that contain both smith and jones even if not in
sequence

    what about:  "smith jones" -- does this change anything?

    no idea what set this off......

lee

Re: Understanding how Lasso searches

James Harvard
Depends on the database - FileMaker would be different from a SQL RDBMS. I think.

For a SQL db 'contains' is translated to
WHERE col_name LIKE '%search_term%'

James Harvard