Unable to run lasso from CLI

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unable to run lasso from CLI

Mark J. Reed
I'm on Sierra, just installed 9.3.1-4, and trying to run lasso9 (or
lassoserver, or any other executables from /usr/local/lasso) dies looking
for a symbol:

dyld: _dyld_bind_fully_image_containing_address() error
dyld: Symbol not found: _EVP_rc5_32_12_16_cbc
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
 in /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
Abort trap: 6

Suggestions?

--
Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to run lasso from CLI

Brad Lindsay
Does this file exist: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
If not, do any “libcrypto" files exist in “/usr/lib/“? If so, if you
create a symbolic link from it to /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib does
it fix your issue? (The symbolic link isn’t exactly the greatest idea
as your version of OpenSSL may not compatible with the version it is
trying to find. You may want to see if you can install the specific
version via something like homebrew and then do a symlink to where it
expects it.)

Brad



On November 9, 2017 at 1:52:27 PM, Mark J. Reed ([hidden email]) wrote:

> I'm on Sierra, just installed 9.3.1-4, and trying to run lasso9 (or
> lassoserver, or any other executables from /usr/local/lasso) dies looking
> for a symbol:
>
> dyld: _dyld_bind_fully_image_containing_address() error
> dyld: Symbol not found: _EVP_rc5_32_12_16_cbc
> Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
> Expected in: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
> in /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
> Abort trap: 6
>
> Suggestions?
>
> --
> Mark J. Reed
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to:
> Send administrative queries to
>

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to run lasso from CLI

Mark J. Reed
Yup, checked that. /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8 exists, and is the one that
shipped on the OS, but it doesn't have that symbol. For that matter,
neither does my Homebrew-isntalled libcrypto.1.0.0.
The only _EVP_rc symbols I see in `nm -gU` are for rc2 and rc4.


On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Brad Lindsay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does this file exist: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
> If not, do any “libcrypto" files exist in “/usr/lib/“? If so, if you
> create a symbolic link from it to /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib does
> it fix your issue? (The symbolic link isn’t exactly the greatest idea
> as your version of OpenSSL may not compatible with the version it is
> trying to find. You may want to see if you can install the specific
> version via something like homebrew and then do a symlink to where it
> expects it.)
>
> Brad
>
>
>
> On November 9, 2017 at 1:52:27 PM, Mark J. Reed ([hidden email])
> wrote:
> > I'm on Sierra, just installed 9.3.1-4, and trying to run lasso9 (or
> > lassoserver, or any other executables from /usr/local/lasso) dies looking
> > for a symbol:
> >
> > dyld: _dyld_bind_fully_image_containing_address() error
> > dyld: Symbol not found: _EVP_rc5_32_12_16_cbc
> > Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
> > Expected in: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
> > in /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
> > Abort trap: 6
> >
> > Suggestions?
> >
> > --
> > Mark J. Reed
> >
> > #############################################################
> >
> > This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> > the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> > Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> > To unsubscribe, E-mail to:
> > Send administrative queries to
> >
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>   the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>




--
Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to run lasso from CLI

Mark J. Reed
It appears to be the error mentioned in this thread:
http://lasso.2283332.n4.nabble.com/Lasso-9-3-1-on-OS-X-10-11-4-td4644996.html
.

And yet, 18 months later, the version with the problem is still the main
one on the download page, and the newer one is still "beta".  here should
really be a note saying that 9.3.1 DOES NOT WORK on macOS newer than
10.11.4 and you HAVE to download the beta if you want to run on a newer OS.

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yup, checked that. /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8 exists, and is the one that
> shipped on the OS, but it doesn't have that symbol. For that matter,
> neither does my Homebrew-isntalled libcrypto.1.0.0.
> The only _EVP_rc symbols I see in `nm -gU` are for rc2 and rc4.
>
>
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Brad Lindsay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Does this file exist: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
>> If not, do any “libcrypto" files exist in “/usr/lib/“? If so, if you
>> create a symbolic link from it to /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib does
>> it fix your issue? (The symbolic link isn’t exactly the greatest idea
>> as your version of OpenSSL may not compatible with the version it is
>> trying to find. You may want to see if you can install the specific
>> version via something like homebrew and then do a symlink to where it
>> expects it.)
>>
>> Brad
>>
>>
>>
>> On November 9, 2017 at 1:52:27 PM, Mark J. Reed ([hidden email])
>> wrote:
>> > I'm on Sierra, just installed 9.3.1-4, and trying to run lasso9 (or
>> > lassoserver, or any other executables from /usr/local/lasso) dies
>> looking
>> > for a symbol:
>> >
>> > dyld: _dyld_bind_fully_image_containing_address() error
>> > dyld: Symbol not found: _EVP_rc5_32_12_16_cbc
>> > Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
>> > Expected in: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
>> > in /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
>> > Abort trap: 6
>> >
>> > Suggestions?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mark J. Reed
>> >
>> > #############################################################
>> >
>> > This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>> > the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>> > Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>> > To unsubscribe, E-mail to:
>> > Send administrative queries to
>> >
>>
>> #############################################################
>>
>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>>   the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>
>



--
Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to run lasso from CLI

Tami Williams
So - you _are_ able to get Lasso 9 running on MacOS X 12 Sierra if you install use the BETA installer:  Lasso-Server-for-Mac-9.3.2-b5.zip?

If you say yes then I’ll try downloading and installing.  Thanks!



> On Nov 11, 2017, at 10:41 AM, Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It appears to be the error mentioned in this thread:
> http://lasso.2283332.n4.nabble.com/Lasso-9-3-1-on-OS-X-10-11-4-td4644996.html
> .
>
> And yet, 18 months later, the version with the problem is still the main
> one on the download page, and the newer one is still "beta".  here should
> really be a note saying that 9.3.1 DOES NOT WORK on macOS newer than
> 10.11.4 and you HAVE to download the beta if you want to run on a newer OS.
>
> On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yup, checked that. /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8 exists, and is the one that
>> shipped on the OS, but it doesn't have that symbol. For that matter,
>> neither does my Homebrew-isntalled libcrypto.1.0.0.
>> The only _EVP_rc symbols I see in `nm -gU` are for rc2 and rc4.
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Brad Lindsay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Does this file exist: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
>>> If not, do any “libcrypto" files exist in “/usr/lib/“? If so, if you
>>> create a symbolic link from it to /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib does
>>> it fix your issue? (The symbolic link isn’t exactly the greatest idea
>>> as your version of OpenSSL may not compatible with the version it is
>>> trying to find. You may want to see if you can install the specific
>>> version via something like homebrew and then do a symlink to where it
>>> expects it.)
>>>
>>> Brad
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On November 9, 2017 at 1:52:27 PM, Mark J. Reed ([hidden email])
>>> wrote:
>>>> I'm on Sierra, just installed 9.3.1-4, and trying to run lasso9 (or
>>>> lassoserver, or any other executables from /usr/local/lasso) dies
>>> looking
>>>> for a symbol:
>>>>
>>>> dyld: _dyld_bind_fully_image_containing_address() error
>>>> dyld: Symbol not found: _EVP_rc5_32_12_16_cbc
>>>> Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
>>>> Expected in: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
>>>> in /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
>>>> Abort trap: 6
>>>>
>>>> Suggestions?
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Mark J. Reed
>>>>
>>>> #############################################################
>>>>
>>>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>>>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>>>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>>>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to:
>>>> Send administrative queries to
>>>>
>>>
>>> #############################################################
>>>
>>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>>>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>


#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to run lasso from CLI

Mark J. Reed
Yes, the 9.3.2 beta works. Thanks!
On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 20:42 Tami Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So - you _are_ able to get Lasso 9 running on MacOS X 12 Sierra if you
> install use the BETA installer:  Lasso-Server-for-Mac-9.3.2-b5.zip?
>
> If you say yes then I’ll try downloading and installing.  Thanks!
>
>
>
> > On Nov 11, 2017, at 10:41 AM, Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > It appears to be the error mentioned in this thread:
> >
> http://lasso.2283332.n4.nabble.com/Lasso-9-3-1-on-OS-X-10-11-4-td4644996.html
> > .
> >
> > And yet, 18 months later, the version with the problem is still the main
> > one on the download page, and the newer one is still "beta".  here should
> > really be a note saying that 9.3.1 DOES NOT WORK on macOS newer than
> > 10.11.4 and you HAVE to download the beta if you want to run on a newer
> OS.
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Yup, checked that. /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8 exists, and is the one that
> >> shipped on the OS, but it doesn't have that symbol. For that matter,
> >> neither does my Homebrew-isntalled libcrypto.1.0.0.
> >> The only _EVP_rc symbols I see in `nm -gU` are for rc2 and rc4.
> >>
> >>
> >> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Brad Lindsay <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Does this file exist: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
> >>> If not, do any “libcrypto" files exist in “/usr/lib/“? If so, if you
> >>> create a symbolic link from it to /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib does
> >>> it fix your issue? (The symbolic link isn’t exactly the greatest idea
> >>> as your version of OpenSSL may not compatible with the version it is
> >>> trying to find. You may want to see if you can install the specific
> >>> version via something like homebrew and then do a symlink to where it
> >>> expects it.)
> >>>
> >>> Brad
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> On November 9, 2017 at 1:52:27 PM, Mark J. Reed ([hidden email])
> >>> wrote:
> >>>> I'm on Sierra, just installed 9.3.1-4, and trying to run lasso9 (or
> >>>> lassoserver, or any other executables from /usr/local/lasso) dies
> >>> looking
> >>>> for a symbol:
> >>>>
> >>>> dyld: _dyld_bind_fully_image_containing_address() error
> >>>> dyld: Symbol not found: _EVP_rc5_32_12_16_cbc
> >>>> Referenced from:
> /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
> >>>> Expected in: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
> >>>> in /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
> >>>> Abort trap: 6
> >>>>
> >>>> Suggestions?
> >>>>
> >>>> --
> >>>> Mark J. Reed
> >>>>
> >>>> #############################################################
> >>>>
> >>>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> >>>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> >>>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> >>>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to:
> >>>> Send administrative queries to
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>> #############################################################
> >>>
> >>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> >>>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> >>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> >>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> >>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>
> >
> > #############################################################
> >
> > This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> >  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> > Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> > To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> > Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>   the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to run lasso from CLI

Tami Williams
Does it also work on MacOS X 10.13 HIgh Sierra?


> On Nov 12, 2017, at 9:07 PM, Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yes, the 9.3.2 beta works. Thanks!
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 20:42 Tami Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> So - you _are_ able to get Lasso 9 running on MacOS X 12 Sierra if you
>> install use the BETA installer:  Lasso-Server-for-Mac-9.3.2-b5.zip?
>>
>> If you say yes then I’ll try downloading and installing.  Thanks!
>>
>>
>>
>>> On Nov 11, 2017, at 10:41 AM, Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> It appears to be the error mentioned in this thread:
>>>
>> http://lasso.2283332.n4.nabble.com/Lasso-9-3-1-on-OS-X-10-11-4-td4644996.html
>>> .
>>>
>>> And yet, 18 months later, the version with the problem is still the main
>>> one on the download page, and the newer one is still "beta".  here should
>>> really be a note saying that 9.3.1 DOES NOT WORK on macOS newer than
>>> 10.11.4 and you HAVE to download the beta if you want to run on a newer
>> OS.
>>>
>>> On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Yup, checked that. /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8 exists, and is the one that
>>>> shipped on the OS, but it doesn't have that symbol. For that matter,
>>>> neither does my Homebrew-isntalled libcrypto.1.0.0.
>>>> The only _EVP_rc symbols I see in `nm -gU` are for rc2 and rc4.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Brad Lindsay <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Does this file exist: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
>>>>> If not, do any “libcrypto" files exist in “/usr/lib/“? If so, if you
>>>>> create a symbolic link from it to /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib does
>>>>> it fix your issue? (The symbolic link isn’t exactly the greatest idea
>>>>> as your version of OpenSSL may not compatible with the version it is
>>>>> trying to find. You may want to see if you can install the specific
>>>>> version via something like homebrew and then do a symlink to where it
>>>>> expects it.)
>>>>>
>>>>> Brad
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On November 9, 2017 at 1:52:27 PM, Mark J. Reed ([hidden email])
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>> I'm on Sierra, just installed 9.3.1-4, and trying to run lasso9 (or
>>>>>> lassoserver, or any other executables from /usr/local/lasso) dies
>>>>> looking
>>>>>> for a symbol:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> dyld: _dyld_bind_fully_image_containing_address() error
>>>>>> dyld: Symbol not found: _EVP_rc5_32_12_16_cbc
>>>>>> Referenced from:
>> /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
>>>>>> Expected in: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
>>>>>> in /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
>>>>>> Abort trap: 6
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Suggestions?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Mark J. Reed
>>>>>>
>>>>>> #############################################################
>>>>>>
>>>>>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>>>>>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>>>>>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>>>>>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to:
>>>>>> Send administrative queries to
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> #############################################################
>>>>>
>>>>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>>>>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>>>>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>>>>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>>>>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> #############################################################
>>>
>>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>>
>>
>> #############################################################
>>
>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>


#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to run lasso from CLI

Mark J. Reed
At the time I didn't have any High Sierra systems, but I can now confirm
that the 9.3.2-b5 beta works on High Sierra as well.

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Tami Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does it also work on MacOS X 10.13 HIgh Sierra?
>
>
> > On Nov 12, 2017, at 9:07 PM, Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, the 9.3.2 beta works. Thanks!
> > On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 20:42 Tami Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> So - you _are_ able to get Lasso 9 running on MacOS X 12 Sierra if you
> >> install use the BETA installer:  Lasso-Server-for-Mac-9.3.2-b5.zip?
> >>
> >> If you say yes then I’ll try downloading and installing.  Thanks!
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>> On Nov 11, 2017, at 10:41 AM, Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>>
> >>> It appears to be the error mentioned in this thread:
> >>>
> >> http://lasso.2283332.n4.nabble.com/Lasso-9-3-1-on-OS-
> X-10-11-4-td4644996.html
> >>> .
> >>>
> >>> And yet, 18 months later, the version with the problem is still the
> main
> >>> one on the download page, and the newer one is still "beta".  here
> should
> >>> really be a note saying that 9.3.1 DOES NOT WORK on macOS newer than
> >>> 10.11.4 and you HAVE to download the beta if you want to run on a newer
> >> OS.
> >>>
> >>> On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>
> >> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> Yup, checked that. /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8 exists, and is the one
> that
> >>>> shipped on the OS, but it doesn't have that symbol. For that matter,
> >>>> neither does my Homebrew-isntalled libcrypto.1.0.0.
> >>>> The only _EVP_rc symbols I see in `nm -gU` are for rc2 and rc4.
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Brad Lindsay <[hidden email]>
> >> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>>> Does this file exist: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
> >>>>> If not, do any “libcrypto" files exist in “/usr/lib/“? If so, if you
> >>>>> create a symbolic link from it to /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib does
> >>>>> it fix your issue? (The symbolic link isn’t exactly the greatest idea
> >>>>> as your version of OpenSSL may not compatible with the version it is
> >>>>> trying to find. You may want to see if you can install the specific
> >>>>> version via something like homebrew and then do a symlink to where it
> >>>>> expects it.)
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Brad
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> On November 9, 2017 at 1:52:27 PM, Mark J. Reed ([hidden email]
> )
> >>>>> wrote:
> >>>>>> I'm on Sierra, just installed 9.3.1-4, and trying to run lasso9 (or
> >>>>>> lassoserver, or any other executables from /usr/local/lasso) dies
> >>>>> looking
> >>>>>> for a symbol:
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> dyld: _dyld_bind_fully_image_containing_address() error
> >>>>>> dyld: Symbol not found: _EVP_rc5_32_12_16_cbc
> >>>>>> Referenced from:
> >> /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
> >>>>>> Expected in: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
> >>>>>> in /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/B/Lasso9
> >>>>>> Abort trap: 6
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Suggestions?
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> --
> >>>>>> Mark J. Reed
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> #############################################################
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> >>>>>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> >>>>>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> >>>>>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to:
> >>>>>> Send administrative queries to
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> #############################################################
> >>>>>
> >>>>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> >>>>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> >>>>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> >>>>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> >>>>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> --
> >>>> Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>
> >>>
> >>> #############################################################
> >>>
> >>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> >>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> >>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> >>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> >>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >>
> >> #############################################################
> >>
> >> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> >>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> >> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> >> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> >> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
> >
> > #############################################################
> >
> > This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> >  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> > Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> > To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> > Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>   the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>



--
Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>