Trouble Setting Up Rope for Local Development

Trouble Setting Up Rope for Local Development

Michael Arnold
Good Morning,

I'm trying to set up a local environment for the development of an existing
Lasso 9 site, but I'm having trouble creating and running the Rope
framework it uses. I currently have Lasso 9.3.1 installed and working on
Mac OS X 10.11.1, with Rope 1.0.2 installed. When I go to create a new Rope
app through Terminal however I'm hit with the following error:

dyld: Library not loaded:
/Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/A/Lasso9
  Referenced from: /var/lasso/home/bin/rope
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

Inspecting through Finder, I do not have an A version in
/Lasso9.framework/Versions/, only B. Any troubleshooting I've done however
to correct this has been met with no success and created a host of other
issues...

Any insight or troubleshooting ideas for getting Rope up and running would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Michael

Re: Trouble Setting Up Rope for Local Development

Jolle Carlestam-2
18 jan 2016 kl. 15:39 skrev Michael Arnold <[hidden email]>:

> Good Morning,
>
> I'm trying to set up a local environment for the development of an existing
> Lasso 9 site, but I'm having trouble creating and running the Rope
> framework it uses. I currently have Lasso 9.3.1 installed and working on
> Mac OS X 10.11.1, with Rope 1.0.2 installed. When I go to create a new Rope
> app through Terminal however I'm hit with the following error:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded:
> /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/Versions/A/Lasso9
>  Referenced from: /var/lasso/home/bin/rope
>  Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap: 5
>
> Inspecting through Finder, I do not have an A version in
> /Lasso9.framework/Versions/, only B. Any troubleshooting I've done however
> to correct this has been met with no success and created a host of other
> issues...
>
> Any insight or troubleshooting ideas for getting Rope up and running would
> be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You will not get official answers until Brad wakes up. But, pending that, I am not sure that Rope for the moment cope with 9.33.1 alternatively with OS X 10.11.

Apple changed stuff going from 10.10. to 10.11 in regards to where stuff was allowed to be installed. That change forced Lasso to move some items to new locations. This in turn affects any script calls made from command line.
It is my guess that the scripts that Rope uses for installation is anticipating the older location of Lasso stuff. But it is a guess and a shot in the dark.

If my hunch is right, you need to find all lasso scripts and change the first row from
#!/usr/bin/lasso9
#!/usr/bin/env lasso9

Make sure to use no BOM on the files when you save them.

If this doesn’t help, you’ll have to wait for Brad to react.

Re: Trouble Setting Up Rope for Local Development

Brad Lindsay
Jolle is right, I haven’t published an update for Rope to work with 9.3. Part of the reason has to do with thinking through how it should interact with the new LUX management system. Rope is designed to create its own instances which worked great when the Instance Manager was separate from the Instance Administration LassoApp. (With Rope, you could ignore the Manager and just use the Admin LassoApp to configure your instances - setting up database connections, for example.)

All that being said, I’m not sure what error you’re running into. I didn’t see it when working on getting rope working in Lasso 9.3.0.

The code for the rope binary can be seen here:
https://bitbucket.org/bfad/rope/src/master/rope.inc?fileviewer=file-view-default

Jolie’s guess was a good one, but you can see that it uses "#! /usr/bin/env lasso9”, so that’s not it. It does, however, expect the lassoserver binary to be at "/usr/sbin/lassoserver”. If it’s not, I would create a symlink there and then try it.

As far as I can see, though, I’m not trying to load any dynamic libraries, and I certainly am not referencing the "/Library/Frameworks/…” path. If I get a chance tonight, I’ll see if I can reproduce this issue.

One other thing you could try is to create a symbolic link of the B folder to where it’s expecting the A folder. In the terminal:

sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/B /Library/Frameworks/Lasso9.framework/A

But even if you get it running, you may find issues where it doesn’t work in 9.3.1. Please report anything you find to me, and I’ll make sure it gets fixed.

HTH,
Brad

20 jan 2016 kl. 14:47 skrev Brad Lindsay <[hidden email]>:

> Jolie’s

Jolie? Is that my twin sister or her clone?

(I am watching too many episodes of Orphan Black as it seems…)

Re: Trouble Setting Up Rope for Local Development

Jolle Carlestam-2
20 jan 2016 kl. 14:47 skrev Brad Lindsay <[hidden email]>:

> Part of the reason has to do with thinking through how it should interact with the new LUX management system. Rope is designed to create its own instances which worked great when the Instance Manager was separate from the Instance Administration LassoApp. (With Rope, you could ignore the Manager and just use the Admin LassoApp to configure your instances - setting up database connections, for example.)

Brad, Ke has solutions that completely bypasses LUX. Maybe you two should mingle a bit and see what can be shared.

Re: Trouble Setting Up Rope for Local Development

Michael Arnold
Brad, Jolle – Thanks for the insight and feedback. I'll give the
troubleshooting another shot with your suggestions and see if I have better
luck. I think the location of the lassoserver binary might the issue...

Thank you,
Michael

--
Michael Arnold
Director of Marketing

Airline Transport Professionals (ATP)
800-ALL-ATPS | 623-888-6853
Web: www.ATPFlightSchool.com
Email: [hidden email]

Find us on Facebook - fb.com/atpflightschool