[TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
The tip of the week for Feburary 15, 2008 describes a Lasso Wiki
format which can be used to allow site visitor to author content
on a Web site without also allowing general HTML and all the
potential problems that can represent.

<http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080215>

The tips of the week will now be featured on the new LassoTech
Web site.  This is a collaborative Wiki-style Web site which
allows members of the Lasso community to post their own how-to
articles or tips and for them to be edited collaboratively.  We
encourage everyone to check out the articles that have already
been posted and consider how you can contribute to the site.

Some of the tips of the week have already posted.  The last
couple years of tips will be added to the site soon.  This will
enable the tips to become living documents which can be updated,
enhanced, or corrected by members of the Lasso community.

Recent tips of the week include:

RSS Data Source Examples and Update
<http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080104>

- IPv6 - The New Internet Protocol
<http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20071221>

- RSS Data Source and Parser
<http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20071214>

Comments, corrections, or ideas for future tips of the week are
appreciated and can be sent to <[hidden email]>.

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

stevepiercy
On Friday, February 15, 2008, [hidden email] (Fletcher Sandbeck) pronounced:

>The tip of the week for Feburary 15, 2008 describes a Lasso Wiki
>format which can be used to allow site visitor to author content
>on a Web site without also allowing general HTML and all the
>potential problems that can represent.
>
><http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080215>

w00t!

C'mon y'all!  Start feeding the wiki some tasty Lasso tidbits.

http://www.lassotech.com/ecommerce
http://www.lassotech.com/AuthorizeNet_AIM/

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

andre hopkins

I want to sincerely thank Fletcher and the rest of the Lassosoft crew
for listening to the community, following through, and setting this up.

After the lasso code examples thread - it would have been easy for
them to just set up some simple article repository and everyone would
have been happy.

Instead they survey current wiki apps, create a wiki app in lasso
with the idea of making it as good or better then the others, open
source it - and create a tutorial for it.

thanks again,
andre

On Feb 15, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Fletcher Sandbeck wrote:

> The tip of the week for Feburary 15, 2008 describes a Lasso Wiki
> format which can be used to allow site visitor to author content on
> a Web site without also allowing general HTML and all the potential
> problems that can represent.
>
> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080215>
>

> The tips of the week will now be featured on the new LassoTech Web
> site.  This is a collaborative Wiki-style Web site which allows
> members of the Lasso community to post their own how-to articles or
> tips and for them to be edited collaboratively.  We encourage
> everyone to check out the articles that have already been posted
> and consider how you can contribute to the site.
>
> Some of the tips of the week have already posted.  The last couple
> years of tips will be added to the site soon.  This will enable the
> tips to become living documents which can be updated, enhanced, or
> corrected by members of the Lasso community.
>

> Recent tips of the week include:
>
> RSS Data Source Examples and Update
> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080104>
>
> - IPv6 - The New Internet Protocol
> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20071221>
>
> - RSS Data Source and Parser
> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20071214>
>

> Comments, corrections, or ideas for future tips of the week are
> appreciated and can be sent to <[hidden email]>.
>
> [fletcher]
>
> --
> Fletcher Sandbeck                         [hidden email]
> LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

shelane
I see in the contents that it's show an apostrophe as &#39; in Firefox - Mac
OS X.

On 2/15/08 1:41 PM, "Fletcher Sandbeck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The tip of the week for Feburary 15, 2008 describes a Lasso Wiki
> format which can be used to allow site visitor to author content
> on a Web site without also allowing general HTML and all the
> potential problems that can represent.
>
> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080215>
>

> The tips of the week will now be featured on the new LassoTech
> Web site.  This is a collaborative Wiki-style Web site which
> allows members of the Lasso community to post their own how-to
> articles or tips and for them to be edited collaboratively.  We
> encourage everyone to check out the articles that have already
> been posted and consider how you can contribute to the site.
>
> Some of the tips of the week have already posted.  The last
> couple years of tips will be added to the site soon.  This will
> enable the tips to become living documents which can be updated,
> enhanced, or corrected by members of the Lasso community.
>

> Recent tips of the week include:
>
> RSS Data Source Examples and Update
> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080104>
>
> - IPv6 - The New Internet Protocol
> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20071221>
>
> - RSS Data Source and Parser
> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20071214>
>

> Comments, corrections, or ideas for future tips of the week are
> appreciated and can be sent to <[hidden email]>.
>
> [fletcher]

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

shelane
Can you have a link that will be formatted with a name?  Like:

I don't see a method for this in the doc.

On 2/15/08 3:03 PM, "Shelane Enos" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see in the contents that it's show an apostrophe as &#39; in Firefox - Mac
> OS X.
>> What&#39;s a Wiki?
>

> On 2/15/08 1:41 PM, "Fletcher Sandbeck" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The tip of the week for Feburary 15, 2008 describes a Lasso Wiki
>> format which can be used to allow site visitor to author content
>> on a Web site without also allowing general HTML and all the
>> potential problems that can represent.
>>
>> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080215>
>>

>> The tips of the week will now be featured on the new LassoTech
>> Web site.  This is a collaborative Wiki-style Web site which
>> allows members of the Lasso community to post their own how-to
>> articles or tips and for them to be edited collaboratively.  We
>> encourage everyone to check out the articles that have already
>> been posted and consider how you can contribute to the site.
>>
>> Some of the tips of the week have already posted.  The last
>> couple years of tips will be added to the site soon.  This will
>> enable the tips to become living documents which can be updated,
>> enhanced, or corrected by members of the Lasso community.
>>

>> Recent tips of the week include:
>>
>> RSS Data Source Examples and Update
>> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080104>
>>
>> - IPv6 - The New Internet Protocol
>> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20071221>
>>
>> - RSS Data Source and Parser
>> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20071214>
>>

>> Comments, corrections, or ideas for future tips of the week are
>> appreciated and can be sent to <[hidden email]>.
>>
>> [fletcher]

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

dguardiola

Le 15 févr. 08 à 22:41, Fletcher Sandbeck a écrit :

> The tip of the week for Feburary 15, 2008 describes a Lasso Wiki
> format which can be used to allow site visitor to author content on
> a Web site without also allowing general HTML and all the potential
> problems that can represent.
>
> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080215>

[Decode_wiki]
Hey, that's a super-great-new-module to add to our sites !
Thanks Fletcher and lassosoft !!!

--
Dominique Guardiola, QUINODE
http://www.quinode.fr/

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
On 2/15/08 at 3:08 PM, [hidden email] (Shelane Enos) wrote:

>Can you have a link that will be formatted with a name?  Like:

>I don't see a method for this in the doc.

It's [[http://mysite.com|My Site]].

There's a more concise list of markup tags on the right when you
edit a page or view the help page.  <http://www.lassotech.com/Help>

Le 16 févr. 08 à 00:22, Fletcher Sandbeck a écrit :

> On 2/15/08 at 3:08 PM, [hidden email] (Shelane Enos) wrote:
>
>> Can you have a link that will be formatted with a name?  Like:

>> I don't see a method for this in the doc.
>
> It's [[http://mysite.com|My Site]].

a special hook for tags starting with [[http://tagswap.net...
would be cool in this wiki, so links to tagswap ctags would be
specially highlighted with a mini icon before or after (like in some
wikipedia links, know what i mean ?)

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

Source view shows interesting anomalies.  Note anchor tags.

The heading:

The sidebar:

To what email address should bugs or feature requests for the wiki be directed?

--steve

On Friday, February 15, 2008, [hidden email] (Shelane Enos) pronounced:

>I see in the contents that it's show an apostrophe as &#39; in Firefox - Mac
>OS X.
>> What&#39;s a Wiki?
>

>On 2/15/08 1:41 PM, "Fletcher Sandbeck" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The tip of the week for Feburary 15, 2008 describes a Lasso Wiki
>> format which can be used to allow site visitor to author content
>> on a Web site without also allowing general HTML and all the
>> potential problems that can represent.
>>
>> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080215>
>>

>> The tips of the week will now be featured on the new LassoTech
>> Web site.  This is a collaborative Wiki-style Web site which
>> allows members of the Lasso community to post their own how-to
>> articles or tips and for them to be edited collaboratively.  We
>> encourage everyone to check out the articles that have already
>> been posted and consider how you can contribute to the site.
>>
>> Some of the tips of the week have already posted.  The last
>> couple years of tips will be added to the site soon.  This will
>> enable the tips to become living documents which can be updated,
>> enhanced, or corrected by members of the Lasso community.
>>

>> Recent tips of the week include:
>>
>> RSS Data Source Examples and Update
>> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080104>
>>
>> - IPv6 - The New Internet Protocol
>> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20071221>
>>
>> - RSS Data Source and Parser
>> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20071214>
>>

>> Comments, corrections, or ideas for future tips of the week are
>> appreciated and can be sent to <[hidden email]>.
>>
>> [fletcher]

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
On 2/15/08 at 3:40 PM, [hidden email] (Steve Piercy - Web
Site Builder) wrote:

>Source view shows interesting anomalies.  Note anchor tags.
>
>The heading:
>
>The sidebar:
>
>To what email address should bugs or feature requests for the wiki be
>directed?

You could send them to <[hidden email]>.  That way
we'll track them properly.

Site Builder) wrote:

>Source view shows interesting anomalies.  Note anchor tags.
>
>The heading:
>
>The sidebar:
>
>To what email address should bugs or feature requests for the wiki be
>directed?

I should add that we already had that one on our list. :)  And,
it should be fixed by now.

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

shelane
I would really like to see someone like Jason Huck (wink, wink) develop
something for FCK editor or a tool like it using this wiki language for
lasso.  That way we can give users who wouldn't understand the wiki a
WYSIWYG editor but keep it safe from HTML.

On 2/15/08 1:41 PM, "Fletcher Sandbeck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The tip of the week for Feburary 15, 2008 describes a Lasso Wiki
> format which can be used to allow site visitor to author content
> on a Web site without also allowing general HTML and all the
> potential problems that can represent.
>
> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080215>
>

> The tips of the week will now be featured on the new LassoTech
> Web site.  This is a collaborative Wiki-style Web site which
> allows members of the Lasso community to post their own how-to
> articles or tips and for them to be edited collaboratively.  We
> encourage everyone to check out the articles that have already
> been posted and consider how you can contribute to the site.
>
> Some of the tips of the week have already posted.  The last
> couple years of tips will be added to the site soon.  This will
> enable the tips to become living documents which can be updated,
> enhanced, or corrected by members of the Lasso community.
>

> Recent tips of the week include:
>
> RSS Data Source Examples and Update
> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20080104>
>
> - IPv6 - The New Internet Protocol
> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20071221>
>
> - RSS Data Source and Parser
> <http://www.lassotech.com/TotW_20071214>
>

> Comments, corrections, or ideas for future tips of the week are
> appreciated and can be sent to <[hidden email]>.
>
> [fletcher]

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

Jolle Carlestam-2
I have an experimental plugin for FCKEditor working now. Don't know
what to do with it though. Where do we put stuff like this now? On the
LassoWiki site? Tagswap?

And it probably need some more independent testing before I can remove
the "experimental".

16 feb 2008 kl. 18.44 skrev Shelane Enos:

> I would really like to see someone like Jason Huck (wink, wink)
> develop
> something for FCK editor or a tool like it using this wiki language
> for
> lasso.  That way we can give users who wouldn't understand the wiki a
> WYSIWYG editor but keep it safe from HTML.

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

Eric Landmann
Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]> wrote on Sunday, February 17, 2008:

>I have an experimental plugin for FCKEditor working now. Don't know
>what to do with it though. Where do we put stuff like this now? On the
>LassoWiki site? Tagswap?
>
>And it probably need some more independent testing before I can remove
>the "experimental".

If it needs to be worked on by/tested by several developers, how about Lassoforge?

--Eric

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

Depends on what exactly it is.

If it's relatively self-contained code, like a tag/type, or set of
tags/types, and only "loosely coupled" with FCKEditor, I would say
post it to tagSwap.

If it's "tightly coupled" with FCKEditor and requires a bit of surgery
to integrate, but there's sufficient demand for something like it, I
could see about adding it to the official FCKEditor distribution
(provided that Fred does not object).

If it's more of a "how-to" article or recipe than plug'n'play code,
then it might belong on the wiki.

So, what have you got?

- jason

On Feb 17, 2008 4:36 PM, Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have an experimental plugin for FCKEditor working now. Don't know
> what to do with it though. Where do we put stuff like this now? On the
> LassoWiki site? Tagswap?
>
> And it probably need some more independent testing before I can remove
> the "experimental".
>
> HDB
> Jolle
>
> 16 feb 2008 kl. 18.44 skrev Shelane Enos:
>
> > I would really like to see someone like Jason Huck (wink, wink)
> > develop
> > something for FCK editor or a tool like it using this wiki language
> > for
> > lasso.  That way we can give users who wouldn't understand the wiki a
> > WYSIWYG editor but keep it safe from HTML.

tagSwap.net :: Open Source Lasso Code
<http://tagSwap.net/>

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

Jolle Carlestam-2
17 feb 2008 kl. 22.48 skrev Eric Landmann:

> Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]> wrote on Sunday, February 17,
> 2008:
>
>> I have an experimental plugin for FCKEditor working now. Don't know
>> what to do with it though. Where do we put stuff like this now? On
>> the
>> LassoWiki site? Tagswap?
>>
>> And it probably need some more independent testing before I can
>> remove
>> the "experimental".
>
> If it needs to be worked on by/tested by several developers, how
> about Lassoforge?
>
> --Eric

I've never put anything there. Do you have a full URL?

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

Eric Landmann
Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]> wrote on Sunday, February 17, 2008:

>17 feb 2008 kl. 22.48 skrev Eric Landmann:
>
>> Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]> wrote on Sunday, February 17,
>> 2008:
>>
>>> I have an experimental plugin for FCKEditor working now. Don't know
>>> what to do with it though. Where do we put stuff like this now? On
>>> the
>>> LassoWiki site? Tagswap?
>>>
>>> And it probably need some more independent testing before I can
>>> remove
>>> the "experimental".
>>
>> If it needs to be worked on by/tested by several developers, how
>> about Lassoforge?

>I've never put anything there. Do you have a full URL?

<http://www.lassoforge.com/>

To sign up as a developer:
<http://www.lassoforge.com/contributors_register.lasso>

--Eric

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
On 2/17/08 at 4:51 PM, [hidden email] (Jason Huck) wrote:

>If it's relatively self-contained code, like a tag/type, or set of
>tags/types, and only "loosely coupled" with FCKEditor, I would say
>post it to tagSwap.
>
>If it's "tightly coupled" with FCKEditor and requires a bit of surgery
>to integrate, but there's sufficient demand for something like it, I
>could see about adding it to the official FCKEditor distribution
>(provided that Fred does not object).
>
>If it's more of a "how-to" article or recipe than plug'n'play code,
>then it might belong on the wiki.

I hope these various sites will be complementary.  TagSwap is a
great place to distribute code that you create.  The LassoWiki
is a place to collaborate on how-to articles of general
interest.  And, LassoForge has tools for managing collaborative development.

I hope to add automatic links to TagSwap and the Lasso Reference
for tags mentioned in LassoTech articles.

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: [TotW] LassoTech Wiki Site

jasonhuck
> I hope to add automatic links to TagSwap and the Lasso Reference
> for tags mentioned in LassoTech articles.
>
> [fletcher]

That would be great. And likewise, if articles on LassoTech are
"tagged" with the names of custom tags they use, we can automatically
generate links from tagSwap back to the wiki. Take the
[AuthorizeNet_AIM] tag for example:

http://www.lassotech.com/AuthorizeNet_AIM/
http://tagswap.net/AuthorizeNet_AIM/

Generating reciprocal links in this manner will be helpful for users
and beneficial to both sites from an SEO standpoint as well.

- jason

On 2/17/08 at 7:05 PM, [hidden email] (Jason Huck) wrote:

>>I hope to add automatic links to TagSwap and the Lasso Reference
>>for tags mentioned in LassoTech articles.
>>
>>[fletcher]
>
>That would be great. And likewise, if articles on LassoTech are
>"tagged" with the names of custom tags they use, we can automatically
>generate links from tagSwap back to the wiki. Take the
>[AuthorizeNet_AIM] tag for example:
>
>http://www.lassotech.com/AuthorizeNet_AIM/
>http://tagswap.net/AuthorizeNet_AIM/
>
>Generating reciprocal links in this manner will be helpful for users
>and beneficial to both sites from an SEO standpoint as well.

That's a good point.  I'll contact you off-list and see if we
can work out some details about how best to generate these links.

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com