Table encoding and [inline: -table= ...]

Table encoding and [inline: -table= ...]

James Harvard
[I've not (yet) looked into this and I'm not yet using MySQL 4.1 or L8, so apologies if I'm missing something.]

For those who didn't structure their site with inlines that use a globally defined variable containing all the  database connection parameters (see Jason's post below) it should be possible to set a default encoding for all tables in a database. Would this be a useful feature (i.e. worth a msg to features@OP)? Presumably it is probable that all the tables in a database would use the same encoding - or is there a good reason why they might not?

James Harvard