Some cXML help needed

Keith M. Rettig
Looking for some guidance on setting up cXML (commerce xml) to work
with another vendor.  I will happily pay if it is beyond a few
minutes of help...

I am trying to integrate my Filemaker Pro Advanced Server 8 with
Lasso on Apache with their system using the cXML specified by Ariba
(http://xml.cxml.org/current/cXMLUsersGuide.pdf).  I can't get my
head around how I am supposed to send these PunchOut requests with my
set up other than by using the RPC_Call function.  However, even then
(if I am right which is highly unlikely with this project), I can't
figure out how to set more than one param in the rpc call.

Anyone have any guidance?

Keith.
--

Keith Rettig
web:  http://www.multirater.com/

Re: Some cXML help needed

Fletcher Sandbeck
On 12/11/06 at 9:48 AM by [hidden email] (Keith Rettig):

>Looking for some guidance on setting up cXML (commerce xml) to work
>with another vendor.  I will happily pay if it is beyond a few
>minutes of help...
>
>I am trying to integrate my Filemaker Pro Advanced Server 8 with
>Lasso on Apache with their system using the cXML specified by Ariba
>(http://xml.cxml.org/current/cXMLUsersGuide.pdf).  I can't get my
>head around how I am supposed to send these PunchOut requests with my
>set up other than by using the RPC_Call function.  However, even then
>(if I am right which is highly unlikely with this project), I can't
>figure out how to set more than one param in the rpc call.
>
>Anyone have any guidance?

It doesn't look like that is an RPC protocol.  It is similar, but uses their own unique XML syntax.  You should be able to communicate with them by crafting the cXML header and body that they require in a variable, use [Include_URL] to transmit that request to their server, and then parse the result using the [XML] tags.

[var: 'myRequest' = '<cXML>
                <Header>
                        ... Header ...
                </Header>
                <Request>
                        ... cXML Request ...
                </Request>
                </cXML>']
[var: 'myResponse' = (Include_URL: 'server', $myRequest)]

The best example of how to work with this kind of service is in the Language Guide, SOAP chapter, Low-Level details section.  It starts on page 637 in the latest version.  The example there uses SOAP, which isn't exactly the same XML syntax as cXML, but the details of using [Include_URL] and the [XML] tags for parsing the results should be relevant.

Director of Product Development       http://www.lassostudio.com
OmniPilot Software, Inc.                http://www.omnipilot.com