Socket child error?

Jolle Carlestam
I just noticed in my error log that every time I restart a site I get
this error:

Failed to hand socket to child. errno: 32 strerror: "Broken pipe"
site id: 8 site pid: 620

Nothing seems broken but I'd still rather live my life without errors
if possible. What does this error mean?

HDB
JC

Re: Socket child error?

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
On 7/3/07 at 6:41 AM, [hidden email] (Jolle Carlestam) wrote:

>I just noticed in my error log that every time I restart a site I get
>this error:
>
>Failed to hand socket to child. errno: 32 strerror: "Broken pipe" site
>id: 8 site pid: 620
>
>Nothing seems broken but I'd still rather live my life without errors
>if possible. What does this error mean?

Each site in Lasso runs as a single process.  The parent
process, Site 0 or ServerAdmin, is responsible for launching all
the child processes and for routing incoming URLs to them.  When
an incoming URL request is processed it is handed off to a
child.  This error simply means that the request couldn't be
handed off because the child isn't running.

When ServerAdmin sees this error it attempts to start or restart
the child process.  You may see one of these errors each time a
child site is restarted either because you called
[Site_Restart], you used the option in SiteAdmin, or the site crashed.

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: Socket child error?

Jolle Carlestam
3 jul 2007 kl. 15.15 skrev Fletcher Sandbeck:

> On 7/3/07 at 6:41 AM, [hidden email] (Jolle Carlestam) wrote:
>
>> I just noticed in my error log that every time I restart a site I get
>> this error:
>>
>> Failed to hand socket to child. errno: 32 strerror: "Broken pipe"
>> site
>> id: 8 site pid: 620
>>
>> Nothing seems broken but I'd still rather live my life without errors
>> if possible. What does this error mean?
>
> Each site in Lasso runs as a single process.  The parent process,
> Site 0 or ServerAdmin, is responsible for launching all the child
> processes and for routing incoming URLs to them.  When an incoming
> URL request is processed it is handed off to a child.  This error
> simply means that the request couldn't be handed off because the
> child isn't running.
>
> When ServerAdmin sees this error it attempts to start or restart
> the child process.  You may see one of these errors each time a
> child site is restarted either because you called [Site_Restart],
> you used the option in SiteAdmin, or the site crashed.
>
> [fletcher]

Yes, this shows up when I choose to restart a site. No worries then.
Good to know.

HDB
JC