Site permissions problem

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Site permissions problem

Mike Ealy-2
I'm running Mac 10.4, Lasso 8.5, and mysql 5 on the same machine.

Yesterday I had to assign a new IP address, Subnet mask, router, and DNS
server settings to the computer.

When I restarted my sites do not load. Lasso and mysql are running. When I
look at the Server Admin Site Criteria, everything looks good, host name and
host roots are set as they were before the update. But when I look at the
Site Admin Site Criteria, the host and the root links are listed as Host: %/
Root: /%.

Any idea what happened and how to fix it?

Mike
Clearwater, FL



--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Site permissions problem

Bil Corry-3
Mike Ealy wrote on 9/20/2008 6:43 AM:
> Yesterday I had to assign a new IP address, Subnet mask, router, and DNS
> server settings to the computer.
>
> When I restarted my sites do not load. Lasso and mysql are running. When I
> look at the Server Admin Site Criteria, everything looks good, host name and
> host roots are set as they were before the update. But when I look at the
> Site Admin Site Criteria, the host and the root links are listed as Host: %/
> Root: /%.

The site criteria is correct for the Site 1 (default) site.  If you created another site, then you would have to restore the criteria again (although it's odd if it was changed by simply changing the IP settings for the computer).

You said your site doesn't load; what happens?  Blank page?  An error of some sort?

A few other things come to mind:

(1) You're checking if the site works from a computer that hasn't gotten the new DNS settings.  So www.mysite.tld used to go to 10.1.1.1 and now it's at 10.1.1.2, but your computer has cached 10.1.1.1 as the address, and gives a "Server Not Found" error when you try to connect.


(2) Your MySQL security is setup using host-based security (bad idea, btw).  And it is confused due to the recent change in DNS.  You can read more here:

        http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/connection-access.html

(3) Or your MySQL security is setup using IP-based security, and since the IP address has changed, it needs to be updated.  This seems less likely though since MySQL and Lasso are on the same box, so the IP of 127.0.0.1 should have remained the same.


(4) Or perhaps a change to IPv6 means MySQL security sees 127.0.0.1 and ::1 as different.



- Bil


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/