Site Migration

James Sheffer
Question for everyone who has migrated Lasso sites before-

Lass- 8.5
Mac

It looks like I will be migrating to a new server.  I’ve exported and imported Lasso settings to the new install of Lasso.

Connecting to server admin on the new server via IP address, I can see all the sites listed.

I was hoping to make a clean switch by shutting the old server down and turning the new server on with the old IP addresses but wanted to check here first…

Everything will be set up on the new server (Apache and virtual sites are already up and running and there is nothing else except Lasso on the server).

In the Lasso Application folder for sites, there is only the “default” site folder.

Will these get created once the IP addresses are moved (perhaps by hitting the siteadmin.lasso app for each site?).  It’s been so long since I’ve moved a Lasso server with multiple sites I can’t remember how it works…

Since the sites are still live on the current server, I can’t test this until I make the move unless I set up a test site on the old server and then change the DNS for it but since I’m having problems with Lasso on the old server, I’m not sure if this will work anyways.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated :-)

James Sheffer

Web Design & Development
www.higherpowered.com
phone:  469-256-0268
"We help businesses succeed on the web!"