Shipping Rates for E-Commerce sites

Jonathan Schwarz

What do you al use to generate shipping rates on e-commerce sites?

I have been using the TCP_UPS_RateQuote - but it is apparently based on
deprecated source charts. And when I post issues in here, there is only
a few that seem able respond which leads me to believe there must be
another preferred solution that many of you are using.

I need a dynamic solution that is based on weight, and can be used for
world wide shipping.

Not meaning in any way to slight the creator of this wonderful tag - it
has served me well! Just want to be sure I am using the best tool in the
box for the job.

-Jon

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Shipping Rates for E-Commerce sites

Marc Pope-3

Have you tried this? Adam Randall made it..

http://www.lassoforge.net/projects.lasso?PR=38

Marc Pope

On 1/5/06 4:51 PM, "Jonathan Schwarz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What do you al use to generate shipping rates on e-commerce sites?
>
> I have been using the TCP_UPS_RateQuote - but it is apparently based on
> deprecated source charts. And when I post issues in here, there is only
> a few that seem able respond which leads me to believe there must be
> another preferred solution that many of you are using.
>
> I need a dynamic solution that is based on weight, and can be used for
> world wide shipping.
>
> Not meaning in any way to slight the creator of this wonderful tag - it
> has served me well! Just want to be sure I am using the best tool in the
> box for the job.
>
> -Jon

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Shipping Rates for E-Commerce sites

Adam Randall-4

I wrote an XML based UPS rate lookup. You can find it here:

<http://www.lassoforge.com/projects.lasso?PR=38>

Adam.

--
Adam Randall <[hidden email]>
Senior Web Architect

On Jan 5, 2006, at 4:51 PM, Jonathan Schwarz wrote:

> What do you al use to generate shipping rates on e-commerce sites?
>
> I have been using the TCP_UPS_RateQuote - but it is apparently
> based on
> deprecated source charts. And when I post issues in here, there is
> only
> a few that seem able respond which leads me to believe there must be
> another preferred solution that many of you are using.
>
> I need a dynamic solution that is based on weight, and can be used for
> world wide shipping.
>
> Not meaning in any way to slight the creator of this wonderful tag
> - it
> has served me well! Just want to be sure I am using the best tool
> in the
> box for the job.
>
> -Jon

> Attend the Lasso Summit
> February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
> http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Shipping Rates for E-Commerce sites

Clive Bruton

On 5 Jan 2006, at 21:51, Jonathan Schwarz wrote:

> What do you al use to generate shipping rates on e-commerce sites?

Perhaps I've got it easy, but I just have a couple of tables where I
do a lookup on the country for delivery, then the "zone" that country
is in. In the UK this is really easy because there are only four
zones: UK, Europe, World 1 and World 2 (though these days World 1 & 2
seem to have been combined).

So I just treat is as first class in the UK, and "small packet"
elsewhere. The price table has a lookup for each weight break point
for each zone. First class breaks like this:

        http://www.royalmail.com:80/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400028&mediaId=400029

International like this:

        http://www.royalmail.com:80/portal/rm/content1?
catId=400036&mediaId=400347

The code just looks up the next highest weight in the table for the
relative zone, and gives the price directly - no external services.

I just have to check the prices once a month or so.

The only other complication is that you can only send airmail (small
packets) up to 2kg, but I've never had anything go over that anyway.

-- Clive