Sending files between servers

John Burwell
I wanted to see who on the list might have ideas about sending files
between servers.

We want our users to submit photos to a form running on one server,
so that they are copied behind the scenes to a different server.

FTP is not an option, and the solution needs to work in LP6. If it's
helpful, it's possible that the file transmitter could be running on
LP8.

I've tried various arrangements already with varying success, and the
solution I've arrived at now is workable but, I feel, somewhat
clumsy: the transmitting side copies the photo to a web-accessible
location and then triggers a script on the receiving side to download
the photo and save it to the final destination.

Is there an easier way?

Re: Sending files between servers

Karim Dahdah
Hi John,

I have done it via XML transfer.
Encode the files as BASE64, put the content in a XML file and read that
XML file on the other side with the XPath-functions.

Greetz,

Karim