Sample Photo Gallery Sites

Doug Gentry
Do you have (or have you seen) a photo gallery site that is simple and
elegant (and ideally Lasso-driven)?  The kind you could use for family
photos or other applications where there are themes or topics, and a
set of photos within them?

I may ask this on one or two web design lists, but since I'll be doing
this in Lasso I figured there were some nifty things out there whose
owner is just itching to brag on.

...Doug Gentry

---
Doug Gentry
Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 888-490-0644

Re: Sample Photo Gallery Sites

stevepiercy
Don't know of a Lasso-driven site, but Gallery is pretty darned impressive:
<http://gallery.menalto.com/>

They are on the verge of releasing Gallery 2, which is a major upgrade to 1.x, so it might be worth waiting a while, if you can.

Check out some of the G2 demo sites:
<http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21047&sid=63066fd51cf102015e2f2032396808ce>

--steve

On Sunday, May 22, 2005, [hidden email] (Doug Gentry) pronounced:

>Do you have (or have you seen) a photo gallery site that is simple and
>elegant (and ideally Lasso-driven)?  The kind you could use for family
>photos or other applications where there are themes or topics, and a
>set of photos within them?
>
>I may ask this on one or two web design lists, but since I'll be doing
>this in Lasso I figured there were some nifty things out there whose
>owner is just itching to brag on.
>
>....Doug Gentry
>
>---
>Doug Gentry
>Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
>p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 888-490-0644
>[hidden email]

<[hidden email]>                   <http://www.StevePiercy.com>

Re: Sample Photo Gallery Sites

Greg Willits
On May 22, 2005, at 9:28 PM, Doug Gentry wrote:

> Do you have (or have you seen) a photo gallery site that is simple and
> elegant (and ideally Lasso-driven)?  The kind you could use for family
> photos or other applications where there are themes or topics, and a
> set of photos within them?
>
> I may ask this on one or two web design lists, but since I'll be doing
> this in Lasso I figured there were some nifty things out there whose
> owner is just itching to brag on.

Mason Miller's (I do believe)...
http://www.sitewelder.com/

-- greg willits

Re: Sample Photo Gallery Sites

Mason Miller
And we pay referrals : )

Mason

On May 23, 2005, at 12:46 AM, Greg Willits wrote:

> Mason Miller's (I do believe)...
> http://www.sitewelder.com/
>
> -- greg willits

Re: Sample Photo Gallery Sites

Mark Schneider
My online portfolio is lasso/filemaker driven

fairly simple

can see at www.schnide.com

schnide

Re: Sample Photo Gallery Sites

Greg Hemphill
What I wish I had...
A lasso driven online photo album that worked with iPhoto, so my girl
friend easily use it... like she does with .Mac, but let me put some
lasso goodies in it.

Greg

On May 23, 2005, at 12:28 AM, Doug Gentry wrote:

> Do you have (or have you seen) a photo gallery site that is simple and
> elegant (and ideally Lasso-driven)?  The kind you could use for family
> photos or other applications where there are themes or topics, and a
> set of photos within them?
>
> I may ask this on one or two web design lists, but since I'll be doing
> this in Lasso I figured there were some nifty things out there whose
> owner is just itching to brag on.
>
> ...Doug Gentry
>
> ---
> Doug Gentry
> Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
> p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 888-490-0644

---------------------------------
    Greg Hemphill
    VP of Development
    Webstop.com, Inc.
---------------------------------
    Company: http://www.Webstop.com
    Personal: http://www.MrGHemp.com
    Email: [hidden email]
    AIM: MrGHemp
    Office: 727.942.2797
    Fax: 727.938.2347
    Mobile: 727.692.6886

Re: Sample Photo Gallery Sites

Brett Circe
http://www.slideshowpro.net/iphoto_plugin.shtml

Brett Circe
[hidden email]

On May 23, 2005, at 1:23 PM, Greg Hemphill wrote:

> What I wish I had...
> A lasso driven online photo album that worked with iPhoto, so my
> girl friend easily use it... like she does with .Mac, but let me
> put some lasso goodies in it.
>
> Greg
>
> On May 23, 2005, at 12:28 AM, Doug Gentry wrote:
>

>> Do you have (or have you seen) a photo gallery site that is simple
>> and elegant (and ideally Lasso-driven)?  The kind you could use
>> for family photos or other applications where there are themes or
>> topics, and a set of photos within them?
>>
>> I may ask this on one or two web design lists, but since I'll be
>> doing this in Lasso I figured there were some nifty things out
>> there whose owner is just itching to brag on.
>>
>> ...Doug Gentry
>>
>> ---
>> Doug Gentry
>> Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
>> p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 888-490-0644
>> [hidden email]

>> lassotalk.lasso?manage
>>

> ---------------------------------
>    Greg Hemphill
>    VP of Development
>    Webstop.com, Inc.
> ---------------------------------
>    Company: http://www.Webstop.com
>    Personal: http://www.MrGHemp.com
>    Email: [hidden email]
>    AIM: MrGHemp
>    Office: 727.942.2797
>    Fax: 727.938.2347
>    Mobile: 727.692.6886

Re: Sample Photo Gallery Sites

Jess Mooers
Doug Gentry <[hidden email]> wrote on Sunday, May 22, 2005:

>Do you have (or have you seen) a photo gallery site that is simple and
>elegant (and ideally Lasso-driven)?  The kind you could use for family
>photos or other applications where there are themes or topics, and a
>set of photos within them?
>
>I may ask this on one or two web design lists, but since I'll be doing
>this in Lasso I figured there were some nifty things out there whose
>owner is just itching to brag on.
>
>.....Doug Gentry

Doug,

This is one of the reasons why we originally created EasyCMS for Lasso (downloadable at lassoforge).  We had a client who was a photographer and wanted a gallery of some of his prints.  His gallery can be seen at http://www.behrendphoto.com/ .

Regards,
Jess Mooers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Landmann InterActive
1423 S. Park St., Madison, WI 53715
W 608-257-1558 F 608-257-8705
www.landmanninteractive.com

Re: Sample Photo Gallery Sites

Clive Bruton
Well the obvious one, non-Lasso, is flickr.com. I tried this out, they
have some nice tools, specifically Win and Mac apps for uploading,
rather than using web forms for uploading.

-- Clive

On 23 May, 2005, at 05:28, Doug Gentry wrote:

> Do you have (or have you seen) a photo gallery site that is simple and
> elegant (and ideally Lasso-driven)?  The kind you could use for family
> photos or other applications where there are themes or topics, and a
> set of photos within them?
>
> I may ask this on one or two web design lists, but since I'll be doing
> this in Lasso I figured there were some nifty things out there whose
> owner is just itching to brag on.
>
> ...Doug Gentry
>
> ---
> Doug Gentry
> Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
> p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 888-490-0644

Re: Sample Photo Gallery Sites

Seth Ganahl
I did this: <http://www.lassoguy.com/photo/default.lasso>

Username: lassoguy
Password: demo

Not sure about simple or elegant, it certainly doesn't work with iPhoto...if
anyone wants to give it a crack I'll send along the source code.  Last I
checked it compiled into a nice Lasso App.

On 5/23/05 12:28 AM, "Doug Gentry" <[hidden email]> did quoth:

> Do you have (or have you seen) a photo gallery site that is simple and
> elegant (and ideally Lasso-driven)?  The kind you could use for family
> photos or other applications where there are themes or topics, and a
> set of photos within them?
>
> I may ask this on one or two web design lists, but since I'll be doing
> this in Lasso I figured there were some nifty things out there whose
> owner is just itching to brag on.
>
> ...Doug Gentry
>
> ---
> Doug Gentry
> Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
> p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 888-490-0644

Seth C. Ganahl  <[hidden email]>
<http://www.ganahlconsulting.com>
Lasso Training: http://www.briandunning.com/lasso-training/

Re: Sample Photo Gallery Sites

asle
Couldn`t avoid this one does the task.
This one is free(!), very nice and works on all Java-capable platforms.
http://www.jalbum.net/
Easy also to implement your own templates and scripting.
I use it a lot but of course it is in the category "do it on your
computer - upload the stuff to server".

/asle benoni