Safari/Leopard Authentication

Maxwell Klein
Users accessing a Lasso 8.1 OS X site with Safari 3.0.4, under
Leopard, are having realm authentication problems. In an old post
"Lasso 7 / Leopard problems" Fletcher mentioned seeing issues like
this with Safari, but I couldn't find a posted fix.

It appears that Safari requires authentication for each directory
within the site. Authenticating a user in a Lasso security Group at www.mysite.com/page.lasso
  works fine with other pages at the root directory, but if the user
goes to www.mysite.com/directory/page.lasso the [Client_Username] and
[Client_Password] tags are blank. I use these tags to check the user
against a database on pretty much every page in the site, so now they
get bounced out. If I stick in an [Auth] tag on www.mysite.com/directory/page.lasso
  Safari 3 users get prompted and can continue on if they resubmit
their credentials, Safari 2 users don't see anything and the site
works just fine. Once the users is authenticated in a given directory
their fine until they close the browser.

Anyone else experiencing this and find a workaround?

Thanks,
Max

Re: Safari/Leopard Authentication

Trevor Jacques
>Anyone else experiencing this and find a workaround?

I'm experiencing similar problems, but won't have the time to sleuth
for at least a week. The weird thing is that it is manifest for me
only on Leopard (same version of Safari on Tiger does not exhibit the
problem...). More when I have time to look at the details.

T.

Re: Safari/Leopard Authentication

Maxwell Klein
Yes, same here, only broken in Safari under Leopard. Good to know it's
not just me. I'll let you know if I make any progress.
On Jan 10, 2008, at 2:48 PM, Trevor Jacques wrote:

> I'm experiencing similar problems, but won't have the time to sleuth
> for at least a week. The weird thing is that it is manifest for me
> only on Leopard (same version of Safari on Tiger does not exhibit
> the problem...). More when I have time to look at the details.

Re: Safari/Leopard Authentication

Trevor Jacques
>I'll let you know if I make any progress.

Thanks. Sorry I can't get to it faster, but I have OS X Server
problems to fix, first. Seems Leopard Server is somewhat flaky, even
though Tiger Server is stable. Just my luck to have started on
Leopard....

For the most part Leopard Server is good, but I've found that it can
be corrupted (LDAP went AWOL, perhaps as a result of FileMaker 6
being active, but it could be something else). Either way, I have to
get it working before I can then check the SSL certificate problems
it has. :-/

T.

Re: Safari/Leopard Authentication

detlef.hebbel
I am experiencing the same problem:
Safari memorizes user name and password after 'Rest Safari' or even
restarting Safari or 'Empty Cache'. Only restarting OS X will clear
the user name and password.

Firefox does not show (have) this problem.

Anybody know how to deal with this?

Detlef

On 11/01/2008, at 1:36 PM, Trevor Jacques wrote:

>> I'll let you know if I make any progress.
>
> Thanks. Sorry I can't get to it faster, but I have OS X Server
> problems to fix, first. Seems Leopard Server is somewhat flaky, even
> though Tiger Server is stable. Just my luck to have started on
> Leopard....
>
> For the most part Leopard Server is good, but I've found that it can
> be corrupted (LDAP went AWOL, perhaps as a result of FileMaker 6
> being active, but it could be something else). Either way, I have to
> get it working before I can then check the SSL certificate problems
> it has. :-/
>
> T.

Re: Safari/Leopard Authentication

detlef.hebbel
Deleting the file: 'login.keychain' from the system helped (so far)

Cheers
Detlef

On 14/01/2008, at 1:47 PM, Detlef Hebbel wrote:

> I am experiencing the same problem:
> Safari memorizes user name and password after 'Rest Safari' or even
> restarting Safari or 'Empty Cache'. Only restarting OS X will clear
> the user name and password.
>
> Firefox does not show (have) this problem.
>
> Anybody know how to deal with this?
>
> Detlef
>

> On 11/01/2008, at 1:36 PM, Trevor Jacques wrote:
>
>>> I'll let you know if I make any progress.
>>
>> Thanks. Sorry I can't get to it faster, but I have OS X Server
>> problems to fix, first. Seems Leopard Server is somewhat flaky,
>> even though Tiger Server is stable. Just my luck to have started on
>> Leopard....
>>
>> For the most part Leopard Server is good, but I've found that it
>> can be corrupted (LDAP went AWOL, perhaps as a result of FileMaker
>> 6 being active, but it could be something else). Either way, I have
>> to get it working before I can then check the SSL certificate
>> problems it has. :-/
>>
>> T.

Re: Safari/Leopard Authentication

Pierre Yelle
Hello Detlef,

could it be a keychain thing

Open the keychain
go to the domain - password combo where this login is asked for

in the Access Control tab delete/replace the application(s) for which
this combination is allowed.

Pierre