SQLite Question

Marc Pope-3
Hello List:

    Embarrasingly, I had turned on full error reporting in Lasso and logged
it to both a file and to the SQLite database. On a busy site, this meant
that the size of it grew to over 1.5GB in just a few short months!
    I've deleted all the errors out of the admin and the LassoErrors.txt
files, but the DB is still that large, I am assuming with lots of empty
space.

Anyone have any idea how to "optimize" or "repair" the table to get it back
down?

    On another related note, my site is running about 100x faster than it
was.. This was a good lesson in checking things twice!

Re: SQLite Question

Tom Wiebe
On 12/18/05, Marc Pope <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello List:
>
>     Embarrasingly, I had turned on full error reporting in Lasso and logged
> it to both a file and to the SQLite database. On a busy site, this meant
> that the size of it grew to over 1.5GB in just a few short months!
>     I've deleted all the errors out of the admin and the LassoErrors.txt
> files, but the DB is still that large, I am assuming with lots of empty
> space.
>
> Anyone have any idea how to "optimize" or "repair" the table to get it back
> down?
>
>     On another related note, my site is running about 100x faster than it
> was.. This was a good lesson in checking things twice!
>
> Marc

You'll want to look at the 'Vacuum' command for sqlite, which I
discovered after having done the exact same thing.

http://sqlite.org/lang_vacuum.html

Tom Wiebe

Re: SQLite Question

Marc Pope-3
After trying that out, it did nothing. I tried: vacuum errors;   and that
didn't work. I even tried setting it to auto vacuum, but that didn't seem to
work either, so I decided to go with deleting the database and rebuilding
the settings, which was much easier.

Marc

On 12/19/05 7:12 AM, "Tom Wiebe" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12/18/05, Marc Pope <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello List:
>>
>>     Embarrasingly, I had turned on full error reporting in Lasso and logged
>> it to both a file and to the SQLite database. On a busy site, this meant
>> that the size of it grew to over 1.5GB in just a few short months!
>>     I've deleted all the errors out of the admin and the LassoErrors.txt
>> files, but the DB is still that large, I am assuming with lots of empty
>> space.
>>
>> Anyone have any idea how to "optimize" or "repair" the table to get it back
>> down?
>>
>>     On another related note, my site is running about 100x faster than it
>> was.. This was a good lesson in checking things twice!
>>
>> Marc
>
> You'll want to look at the 'Vacuum' command for sqlite, which I
> discovered after having done the exact same thing.
>
> http://sqlite.org/lang_vacuum.html
>
> Tom Wiebe

Re: SQLite Question

Brian Loomis
SQLlite is used for the system events database in OS X and is
accessible through applescript.

Not sure if the lasso version is also.  Anyone know?