Right Oracle jdbc syntax

Juan M. Quiroz
Hi all,

I have the classes.jar in the lasso jdbc folder.
Can anyone tell me if this is the right string?

jdbc:oracle:[hidden email]:1522

1522 is the port where the listener is accepting connections.

When I do the lasso console is telling me the jdbc string is wrong.

Thanks

PS. In case that is needed. Lasso 8, OSX 10.3.9, Oracle 10g

Re: Right Oracle jdbc syntax

Juan M. Quiroz
Does anyone know the answer to my question?
I'm having problems connecting to the oracle database.
I really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Juan M. Quiroz
Oregon Department of Agriculture

On Jun 1, 2005, at 8:11 AM, Juan M. Quiroz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have the classes.jar in the lasso jdbc folder.
> Can anyone tell me if this is the right string?
>
> jdbc:oracle:[hidden email]:1522
>
> 1522 is the port where the listener is accepting connections.
>
> When I do the lasso console is telling me the jdbc string is wrong.
>
> Thanks
>
> PS. In case that is needed. Lasso 8, OSX 10.3.9, Oracle 10g

Re: Right Oracle jdbc syntax

Erlend Garåsen
Juan M. Quiroz wrote:

> Does anyone know the answer to my question?
> I'm having problems connecting to the oracle database.
> I really appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Juan M. Quiroz
> Oregon Department of Agriculture
>
> On Jun 1, 2005, at 8:11 AM, Juan M. Quiroz wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have the classes.jar in the lasso jdbc folder.
>> Can anyone tell me if this is the right string?
>>
>> jdbc:oracle:[hidden email]:1522

Try adding a colon after 'thin' and the database name:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@pepper.oda.state.or.us:1522:dbName

I'm not sure about Lasso 8, but in Lasso 6 and 7 you also need to tell
Lasso to use the thin driver:
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?id=114013

Erlend

>> 1522 is the port where the listener is accepting connections.
>>
>> When I do the lasso console is telling me the jdbc string is wrong.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> PS. In case that is needed. Lasso 8, OSX 10.3.9, Oracle 10g

Re: Right Oracle jdbc syntax

david.fleenor
Juan M. Quiroz wrote:

> Does anyone know the answer to my question?
> I'm having problems connecting to the oracle database.
> I really appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Juan M. Quiroz
> Oregon Department of Agriculture
>
> On Jun 1, 2005, at 8:11 AM, Juan M. Quiroz wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have the classes.jar in the lasso jdbc folder.
>> Can anyone tell me if this is the right string?
>>
>> jdbc:oracle:[hidden email]:1522

Lasso 8 automatically configures the right driver as opposed the manual
stuff you had to do in Lasso 7.  If your Oracle configuration uses
tnsnames.ora or Service Strings to connect then use the following format.

jdbc:oracle:thin:@//hostname:port/service

rather than

jdbc:oracle:thin:@//hostname:port:sid

In site administration be sure to identify the starting default host
schema.

Regards,

Dave Fleenor
Westinghouse Savannah River Company

Re: Right Oracle jdbc syntax

Juan M. Quiroz
Thank You Very Much!
The article and the colon for database helped me and I am able to
connect to oracle now.

Thanks again

Juan