Remove history and history contextual list

Remove history and history contextual list

Don Wieland
Hello,

Lasso 8.5
MySQL

Is there a way to REMOVE the ability to use the BACK button in Lasso.

I have a site where I want the user to step through pages but not return to
previous visited pages with the BACK button.

JavaScript?

Thanks!

Don Wieland
DW DATA CONCEPTS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Direct Line - (714) 389-4026
Fax - (714) 389-4027
[hidden email]
http://www.dwdataconcepts.com

Integrated data solutions to fit your business needs.

APPOINTMENT 1.0v7 - Add powerful scheduling to your database system.

http://www.appointment10.com/

------------------------------
LASSO MASTER CLASS - Orlando, FL
Following the FileMaker Developer Conference
2 Day intensive seminar: Learn the best way to get your FileMaker data on the web.
http://www.briandunning.com/lasso-training/

Re: Remove history and history contextual list

Fletcher Sandbeck
On 2006-08-09 at 07:56 by [hidden email] (Don Wieland):

>Hello,
>
>Lasso 8.5
>MySQL
>
>Is there a way to REMOVE the ability to use the BACK button in Lasso.
>
>I have a site where I want the user to step through pages but not return to
>previous visited pages with the BACK button.
>
>JavaScript?

Since the back button is a feature of the browser it can be difficult to disable it entirely, but AJAX can give you a start.  The recent tip of the week with the AJAX examples from the Lasso Summit shows one way of doing this.  When you use the back button in this site it backs completely out of the menu interface ignoring all of the menu items that have been selected in the mean time.

<http://www.omnipilot.com/Tip%20of%20the%20Week.1768.9166.lasso>

Director of Product Development       http://www.lassostudio.com
OmniPilot Software, Inc.                http://www.omnipilot.com

------------------------------
LASSO MASTER CLASS - Orlando, FL
Following the FileMaker Developer Conference
2 Day intensive seminar: Learn the best way to get your FileMaker data on the web.
http://www.briandunning.com/lasso-training/

Re: Remove history and history contextual list

Bil Corry
For non-AJAX apps, below is a simple example of how to detect the back-button use.  The "prevention" part is really you having some code that jumps them back to where they should be when detected.  I imagine you'd store which step number they're on in a session var and jump back to that step when it's detected they hit the back button.

- Bil

[

var:'session' = 'test';
session_start: -name=$session, -expires=120, -uselink;
session_addvar: -name=$session, 'noback';
if: !(var_defined:'noback');
        var:'noback' = lasso_uniqueID;
else: (action_param:'noback') != $noback;
        'You used the back button.  Now you must be flogged!';
        abort;
/if;

$noback = lasso_uniqueID;

]

<b>Don't use the back button or else!</b>
<form method="post" action="noback.lasso">
<input type="hidden" name="noback" value="[$noback]">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Move on...">
</form>

------------------------------
LASSO MASTER CLASS - Orlando, FL
Following the FileMaker Developer Conference
2 Day intensive seminar: Learn the best way to get your FileMaker data on the web.
http://www.briandunning.com/lasso-training/

Re: Remove history and history contextual list

Ke Carlton
There's also a plethora of nasty javascript techniques out there like:

Needless to say, not a recommended route...

Ke