Redirect .lasso to clean URL

Marc Pinnell-3
I know I have seen this before, but heck if I can find it. Sorry for the repeat.

I recently converted and old site from page URLs like www.domain.com/metric.lasso

www.domain.com/Machine+Tapping/

It's a pretty small site with only a half dozen pages or so. However, the lasso error logs are flooded with errors like:

Message: Script Error: -9984 The file "/Metric.lasso" was not found or was disabled due to security restrictions.

I believe there is a way to catch and fix this in apache, but can't remember (happens more and more lately...) how. Any help appreciated!

Thanx

Marc Pinnell
1027 Design
PO Box 990872
Redding, CA 96099-0872
530.941.4706
fax: 866.232.5300
www.1027Design.com

Re: Redirect .lasso to clean URL

Marc Pinnell-3
Found it.

<IfModule mod_alias.c>
        Redirect temp "/article.lasso" "http://domain.com/article/"
</IfModule>

On Feb 5, 2010, at 12:38 PM, Marc Pinnell wrote:

> I know I have seen this before, but heck if I can find it. Sorry for the repeat.
>
> I recently converted and old site from page URLs like www.domain.com/metric.lasso

> www.domain.com/Machine+Tapping/
>
> It's a pretty small site with only a half dozen pages or so. However, the lasso error logs are flooded with errors like:
>
> Message: Script Error: -9984 The file "/Metric.lasso" was not found or was disabled due to security restrictions.
>
> I believe there is a way to catch and fix this in apache, but can't remember (happens more and more lately...) how. Any help appreciated!
>
> Thanx
> Marc
>
> --
> Marc Pinnell
> 1027 Design
> PO Box 990872
> Redding, CA 96099-0872
> 530.941.4706
> fax: 866.232.5300
> www.1027Design.com

Marc Pinnell
1027 Design
PO Box 990872
Redding, CA 96099-0872
530.941.4706
fax: 866.232.5300
www.1027Design.com

Re: Redirect .lasso to clean URL

Robert Carpenter
Mark-

Sounds like you want a permanent (301) redirect, rather than a temp
(302) - among other good reasons, this will clue google that they need
to update their indexes.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect

Unless you plan to go back to the other URL method at some point...

HTH!
-Robert-

On Feb 5, 2010, at 3:51 PM, Marc Pinnell wrote:

> Found it.
>
> <IfModule mod_alias.c>
> Redirect temp "/article.lasso" "http://domain.com/article/"
> </IfModule>
>

> On Feb 5, 2010, at 12:38 PM, Marc Pinnell wrote:
>
>> I know I have seen this before, but heck if I can find it. Sorry
>> for the repeat.
>>
>> I recently converted and old site from page URLs like www.domain.com/metric.lasso

>> www.domain.com/Machine+Tapping/
>>
>> It's a pretty small site with only a half dozen pages or so.
>> However, the lasso error logs are flooded with errors like:
>>
>> Message: Script Error: -9984 The file "/Metric.lasso" was not found
>> or was disabled due to security restrictions.
>>
>> I believe there is a way to catch and fix this in apache, but can't
>> remember (happens more and more lately...) how. Any help appreciated!
>>
>> Thanx
>> Marc
>>
>> --
>> Marc Pinnell
>> 1027 Design
>> PO Box 990872
>> Redding, CA 96099-0872
>> 530.941.4706
>> fax: 866.232.5300
>> www.1027Design.com

> Marc Pinnell
> 1027 Design
> PO Box 990872
> Redding, CA 96099-0872
> 530.941.4706
> fax: 866.232.5300
> www.1027Design.com

Re: Redirect .lasso to clean URL

Marc Pinnell-3
Yep. That was a cut and paste before I actually did the work. I made it a 301 when I put it in.

Thanx
Marc

On Feb 5, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Robert Carpenter wrote:

> Mark-
>
> Sounds like you want a permanent (301) redirect, rather than a temp (302) - among other good reasons, this will clue google that they need to update their indexes.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect
>
> Unless you plan to go back to the other URL method at some point...
>
> HTH!
> -Robert-
>
> On Feb 5, 2010, at 3:51 PM, Marc Pinnell wrote:
>
>> Found it.
>>
>> <IfModule mod_alias.c>
>> Redirect temp "/article.lasso" "http://domain.com/article/"
>> </IfModule>
>>

>> On Feb 5, 2010, at 12:38 PM, Marc Pinnell wrote:
>>
>>> I know I have seen this before, but heck if I can find it. Sorry for the repeat.
>>>
>>> I recently converted and old site from page URLs like www.domain.com/metric.lasso

>>> www.domain.com/Machine+Tapping/
>>>
>>> It's a pretty small site with only a half dozen pages or so. However, the lasso error logs are flooded with errors like:
>>>
>>> Message: Script Error: -9984 The file "/Metric.lasso" was not found or was disabled due to security restrictions.
>>>
>>> I believe there is a way to catch and fix this in apache, but can't remember (happens more and more lately...) how. Any help appreciated!
>>>
>>> Thanx
>>> Marc
>>>
>>> --
>>> Marc Pinnell
>>> 1027 Design
>>> PO Box 990872
>>> Redding, CA 96099-0872
>>> 530.941.4706
>>> fax: 866.232.5300
>>> www.1027Design.com
>>>

>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

>> Marc Pinnell
>> 1027 Design
>> PO Box 990872
>> Redding, CA 96099-0872
>> 530.941.4706
>> fax: 866.232.5300
>> www.1027Design.com

Marc Pinnell
1027 Design
PO Box 990872
Redding, CA 96099-0872
530.941.4706
fax: 866.232.5300
www.1027Design.com

Re: Redirect .lasso to clean URL

Marc Pinnell-3
One further note on this. Because there was actually a file called article.lasso used in the clean url solution, the rewrite ended up causing no end of grief! Took me a while to figure that one out! Changed the physical file article.lasso to articlepg.lasso and it started working again.

Marc

On Feb 5, 2010, at 4:41 PM, Marc Pinnell wrote:

> Yep. That was a cut and paste before I actually did the work. I made it a 301 when I put it in.
>
> Thanx
> Marc
>

> On Feb 5, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Robert Carpenter wrote:
>
>> Mark-
>>
>> Sounds like you want a permanent (301) redirect, rather than a temp (302) - among other good reasons, this will clue google that they need to update their indexes.
>>
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect
>>
>> Unless you plan to go back to the other URL method at some point...
>>
>> HTH!
>> -Robert-
>>
>> On Feb 5, 2010, at 3:51 PM, Marc Pinnell wrote:
>>
>>> Found it.
>>>
>>> <IfModule mod_alias.c>
>>> Redirect temp "/article.lasso" "http://domain.com/article/"
>>> </IfModule>

>>> --
>>> Marc Pinnell
>>> 1027 Design
>>> PO Box 990872
>>> Redding, CA 96099-0872
>>> 530.941.4706
>>> fax: 866.232.5300
>>> www.1027Design.com
>>>

>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

> Marc Pinnell
> 1027 Design
> PO Box 990872
> Redding, CA 96099-0872
> 530.941.4706
> fax: 866.232.5300
> www.1027Design.com

Marc Pinnell
1027 Design
PO Box 990872
Redding, CA 96099-0872
530.941.4706
fax: 866.232.5300
www.1027Design.com

Re: Redirect .lasso to clean URL

Robert Carpenter
Isn't it annoying when computers do what we tell them to do, not what
we want them to do?

:-)

-robert-

On Feb 8, 2010, at 11:24 AM, Marc Pinnell wrote:

> One further note on this. Because there was actually a file called
> article.lasso used in the clean url solution, the rewrite ended up
> causing no end of grief! Took me a while to figure that one out!
> Changed the physical file article.lasso to articlepg.lasso and it
> started working again.
>
> Marc
>
> On Feb 5, 2010, at 4:41 PM, Marc Pinnell wrote:
>
>> Yep. That was a cut and paste before I actually did the work. I
>> made it a 301 when I put it in.
>>
>> Thanx
>> Marc
>>

>> On Feb 5, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Robert Carpenter wrote:
>>
>>> Mark-
>>>
>>> Sounds like you want a permanent (301) redirect, rather than a
>>> temp (302) - among other good reasons, this will clue google that
>>> they need to update their indexes.
>>>
>>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect
>>>
>>> Unless you plan to go back to the other URL method at some point...
>>>
>>> HTH!
>>> -Robert-

>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/