Re: Trouble Accessing Filemaker 9 Serve

lizquigg
I am only aware of the username and password that I use to log into
the Filemaker 9 Administrator.   I have put that in and it accepts
it, but it still does not show any databases.   It behaves the same
whether I put in that or if I put in the shared username and password
I set up in each filemaker file with the extended priviledges.

I am wondering if it even needs a username and password and if my
problem latys somewhere else.

Liz

------------------------
Liz Quigg
Fermilab
MS 226, Box 500
Batavia, IL 60510
630 840-2631

Re: Trouble Accessing Filemaker 9 Serve

dguardiola

Le 20 mars 08 à 17:27, Liz Quigg a écrit :

> I am only aware of the username and password that I use to log into
> the Filemaker 9 Administrator.

ahem, you're right, i have to update my cut-n-paste tips, this was
for FMSA 8
there's no more web publishing pass in FMSA 9

>  I have put that in and it accepts it, but it still does not show
> any databases.
> It behaves the same whether I put in that or if I put in the shared
> username and password I set up in each filemaker file with the
> extended priviledges.

let's do it all over...when you're in "Data Sources" / Hosts
can you see when choosing "Lasso Connector for Filemaker SA" the name
you gave for your db, next there is "Status" enbled, and List
databases ?

Re: Trouble Accessing Filemaker 9 Serve

lizquigg
I have put  on the web what  .  The message in red comes when II
click on Filemaker Server 9 next the 1 on the left.   I see this no
matter what I put in the username and password.

http://ed.fnal.gov/work/foo/lassoadmin.gif

I appreciate your sticking with me on this.

Liz

________________________
Liz Quigg • Fermilab MS 226
Box 500  • Batavia • IL • 60510
[hidden email] • 630 840-2631

Re: Trouble Accessing Filemaker 9 Serve

Martha White
Hi Liz -- have you tried leaving the host username and password blank? --Ginny

--
Ginny White
IT Consultant

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:47:01 -0500, Liz Quigg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have put  on the web what  .  The message in red comes when II
> click on Filemaker Server 9 next the 1 on the left.   I see this no
> matter what I put in the username and password.
>
> http://ed.fnal.gov/work/foo/lassoadmin.gif
>
> I appreciate your sticking with me on this.
>
> Liz
>
> ________________________
> Liz Quigg • Fermilab MS 226
> Box 500  • Batavia • IL • 60510
> [hidden email] • 630 840-2631

Re: Trouble Accessing Filemaker 9 Serve

Diane Houdek
Liz,

I would follow Ginny's advice.  I don't have a default host username or
password on either of my FMSA/Lasso set ups.  You don't need them for
FileMaker SA, you'll just need the username and password for each
individual database.

Diane Houdek
[hidden email]

>>> On 3/20/2008 at 2:32 PM, in message
<[hidden email]>, "Ginny
White" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Liz -- have you tried leaving the host username and password
blank?

> --Ginny
>
> --
> Ginny White
> IT Consultant
> Yamada Language Center & American English Institute
> University of Oregon
> 541-346-3654
>
> On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:47:01 -0500, Liz Quigg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have put  on the web what  .  The message in red comes when II
>> click on Filemaker Server 9 next the 1 on the left.   I see this no

>> matter what I put in the username and password.
>>
>> http://ed.fnal.gov/work/foo/lassoadmin.gif
>>
>> I appreciate your sticking with me on this.
>>
>> Liz
>>
>> ________________________
>> Liz Quigg * Fermilab MS 226
>> Box 500  * Batavia * IL * 60510
>> [hidden email] * 630 840-2631

Re: Trouble Accessing Filemaker 9 Serve

stevepiercy
Have you walked through the FMS9 Quick Start Guide from LassoSoft?
<http://lassosoft.com/Solutions/FileMaker/FMS9_Quick_Start.pdf>

It includes troubleshooting tips.

--steve

On Thursday, March 20, 2008, [hidden email] (Diane Houdek) pronounced:

>Liz,
>
>I would follow Ginny's advice.  I don't have a default host username or
>password on either of my FMSA/Lasso set ups.  You don't need them for
>FileMaker SA, you'll just need the username and password for each
>individual database.
>
>Diane Houdek
>[hidden email]

><[hidden email]>, "Ginny
>White" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Liz -- have you tried leaving the host username and password
>blank?
>> --Ginny
>>
>> --
>> Ginny White
>> IT Consultant
>> Yamada Language Center & American English Institute
>> University of Oregon
>> 541-346-3654
>>
>> On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:47:01 -0500, Liz Quigg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I have put  on the web what  .  The message in red comes when II
>>> click on Filemaker Server 9 next the 1 on the left.   I see this no
>
>>> matter what I put in the username and password.
>>>
>>> http://ed.fnal.gov/work/foo/lassoadmin.gif
>>>
>>> I appreciate your sticking with me on this.
>>>
>>> Liz
>>>
>>> ________________________
>>> Liz Quigg * Fermilab MS 226
>>> Box 500  * Batavia * IL * 60510
>>> [hidden email] * 630 840-2631
>>>

>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

Re: Trouble Accessing Filemaker 9 Serve

Lieven Gekiere-2
Is this a 1 server solution, or do you have the FMP server and WPE
service on 2 different machines ???

Lieven

Le 20 mars 08 à 20:43, Diane Houdek a écrit :

> Liz,
>
> I would follow Ginny's advice.  I don't have a default host
> username or
> password on either of my FMSA/Lasso set ups.

i've the screenshot, i can confirm that it works with no login/
password at all
it's only needed after, for each db setup

--
Dominique Guardiola, QUINODE
http://www.quinode.fr/

Re: Trouble Accessing Filemaker 9 Serve

lizquigg
I am leaving the username and password blank and I still cannot see
any databases.

Liz

Liz Quigg • Fermilab MS 226
Box 500  • Batavia • IL • 60510