Re: Tagswap offline?

Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV)

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/tagswap.net

--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu NV - [hidden email]

Re: Tagswap offline?

CoMedia
Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV) wrote
Thanks Jonathan, that's a good one!

Still down here (that is: for me), so maybe I guess it's just the DNS server of my DSL provider that is out of order...

Thanks, Alfred

Re: Tagswap offline?

Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV)
CoMedia wrote:

> Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV) wrote:
>> http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/tagswap.net
> Thanks Jonathan, that's a good one!
>
> Still down here (that is: for me), so maybe I guess it's just the DNS server
> of my DSL provider that is out of order...
>
> Thanks, Alfred

You could try opendns if your isp's dns servers give you trouble:
their dns servers are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 (I'm giving you
the ip addresses directly in case opendns won't load for you)

https://www.opendns.com/start/ has instructions on setting it up.

Not that opendns redirects failed dns request to their own search engine
thingy (or Google, or something) anyway, a request won't just 'fail',
you'll get sent to a different page with ads. Which you might or might
not like (you could just set up opendns as a backup option).

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu NV - [hidden email]

Re: Tagswap offline?

CoMedia

Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV) wrote
You could try opendns if your isp's dns servers give you trouble:
their dns servers are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 (I'm giving you
the ip addresses directly in case opendns won't load for you)

https://www.opendns.com/start/ has instructions on setting it up.

Not that opendns redirects failed dns request to their own search engine
thingy (or Google, or something) anyway, a request won't just 'fail',
you'll get sent to a different page with ads. Which you might or might
not like (you could just set up opendns as a backup option).

Jonathan
Funny, I use OpenDNS for all our servers, but have never thought about putting it to my own DSL router!

However, there might be some minor problems at the tagswap.net side, according to intoDNS:

http://www.intodns.com/tagswap.net

Anyway, thanks for some new ideas!

-- Alfred

Re: Tagswap offline?

list
19 maj 2009 kl. 14.56 skrev CoMedia:

> Funny, I use OpenDNS for all our servers, but have never thought about
> putting it to my own DSL router!

OpenDns is an excellent service. Except perhaps for servers since they
do redirects instead of errors.

Re: Tagswap offline?

Johan Solve
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 3:02 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 19 maj 2009 kl. 14.56 skrev CoMedia:
>
>> Funny, I use OpenDNS for all our servers, but have never thought about
>> putting it to my own DSL router!
>
> OpenDns is an excellent service. Except perhaps for servers since they do
> redirects instead of errors.

That can be turned off. Just log in and change settings for your network.

--
Mvh
Johan Sölve

Johan Sölve
Mobil +46 709-51 55 70
[hidden email]

Kristinebergsvägen 17, S-302 41 Halmstad, Sweden
Telefon +46 35-136800 |  Fax +46 35-136801

Re: Tagswap offline?

Marc Pope
I have used it for servers in the past, it hasn't really caused any
known problems. They are much faster than my ISP's DNS. I run my own
also, which are pretty fast.

Marc