Quantcast

Re: SEO TIPS

Marc Pope-3
I am sorry.. i was just reviewing the list and missed your post..

I make a page called error.lasso that handles pages that don't exist.

So on the error.lasso page, I parse the file response path and figure
out what I needed to show them.

so say I load

http://www.mydomain.com/products/102493-Electric-Shaver.html

On error.lasso, I grab this part of the url using:
        var:'x'=(response_filepath);

then I parse it:
        var:'category' = $x->(split:'/')->(get:2);

if: $category == 'products';

        var:'sku'= $x->(split:'/')->(get:3)->(split:'-')->(get:1);

        this will give me 102493

        then I do an inline to grab product sku;
                inline: -search, -database='mydb', -table='products', 'sku'=$sku;

                        // get my data as I would on any dynamic page

                /inline;

then add the custom header (so search engines don't reognize the 404
not found error)

Hope that's a better explanation.

Marc