Re: [OT] Cost of domain registration

Steve Upton
At 12:20 PM -0800 3/4/09, GregOconnor wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I have to renew a number of .com domains and used in the past always
>'NetworkSolutions' They seem to be very expensive and try to sell unwanted
>stuff.
>
>Is there a recommended registrar for .com domains somewhere, where I can
>transfer my domains to?
>
>Any help would be great.

yeah, phone them up and hold their feet to the fire. Mention that GoDaddy will handle your domain for $9.99 a year and they will buckle.

Or just move to GoDaddy, I think they are OK but I don't know....

Steve

Re: [OT] Cost of domain registration

Trevor Jacques
> Mention that GoDaddy will handle your domain for $9.99 a year and
> they will buckle.

I just registered a few a couple of days ago by 'phone with GoDaddy
for all of $7.69 each. It was a 'phone-in "special" in which they also
threw in a year of privacy for free. The GD web interface is awful
(visually VERY busy), and they try to upsell you everything. Just
stick with the plain registration and check to see if there are 'phone-
in specials.

As for NetSol, I left them many years ago for a myriad of reasons over
and above their usurious prices.

In Canada, I use WebNames.ca, who give reasonable discounts for 'bulk'
registrations, although it seems that a small handful equals bulk.

T.