Re: InstantSSL (was: Re: Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8)

Re: InstantSSL (was: Re: Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8)

Charles M Neville

Hi Jussi, I've purchased and installed successfully a number of their
certificates on 10.3.9 server with LP8 and it works fine - just make sure
you're using the right Root Certificate file. Their support has been very
good when I've called them too.

Charlie

> From: <[hidden email]>
> Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 00:01:06 -0400
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Subject: lasso Digest #1104
>
> Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 12:18:30 +0300
> Subject: Re: Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8
> From: Jussi Hirvi <[hidden email]>
>
> Has anyone tried http://www.instantssl.com/  ?
>
> Their "Instant SSL Pro" cert is 149 Euro per 3 years (69 e for 1 year).
>
> Thanks,
> Jussi Hirvi

Re: InstantSSL (was: Re: Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8)

Jonathan Guthrie-5
Yeah that's definitely something positive about them, the support was
excellent.

On 01/06/2005, at 7:33 PM, Charles M Neville wrote:

> Hi Jussi, I've purchased and installed successfully a number of their
> certificates on 10.3.9 server with LP8 and it works fine - just
> make sure
> you're using the right Root Certificate file. Their support has
> been very
> good when I've called them too.

Jono

// ---------------------------------------------------------
/*
     Jonathan Guthrie
     New Media Solutions
     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz   | +64 21 678890

     there's no place like http://localhost/
*/

Re: InstantSSL (was: Re: Mac OS X, Apache, SSL, and Lasso 8)

Jussi Hirvi
Thanks, Jonathan, Charles et al. I will probably give them a try.

Though I noticed that for example Thawte (root cert authority) supports IE
4, but InstantSSL (chained CA) only IE 5 and up. Anyway, that difference
matters less every year.

- Jussi Hirvi