Re: ImageMagick error

Jona Tallieu

>Jona Tallieu <[hidden email]> wrote on Wednesday, May 18, 2005:
>
>>Using Lasso 7 on OSX 10.3 with Apache 1.3.
>>
>>Playing arround with image resizing, but ran into these problems:
>>
>>ImageMagick error (495): UnableToAccessConfigureFile:
>>/Applications/Lasso Professional 7/.magick/magic.mgk
>>

>>So I deleted the alias file inside the Lasso 7 app directory
>>and recreated it:
>>
>>ln -s /ImageMagick-5.5.7/lib/ImageMagick-5.5.7 /Applications/Lasso\
>>Professional\ 7/.magick
>>
>>That solved that error. But we got a new one:
>>
>>ImageMagick error (420): NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat
>>
>>And haven't been able to solve that one...
>
>This means that ImageMagick cannot convert the filetype that you are trying=
> to convert. What is the file extension of the file?

It's a normal RGB JPG, with the extension ".JPG".

Any idea?

J.

Re: ImageMagick error

Eric Landmann
Jona Tallieu <[hidden email]> wrote on Thursday, May 19, 2005:

>>Jona Tallieu <[hidden email]> wrote on Wednesday, May 18, 2005:
>>
>>>Using Lasso 7 on OSX 10.3 with Apache 1.3.
>>>
>>>Playing arround with image resizing, but ran into these problems:
>>>
>>>ImageMagick error (495): UnableToAccessConfigureFile:
>>>/Applications/Lasso Professional 7/.magick/magic.mgk
>>>

>>>So I deleted the alias file inside the Lasso 7 app directory
>>>and recreated it:
>>>
>>>ln -s /ImageMagick-5.5.7/lib/ImageMagick-5.5.7 /Applications/Lasso\
>>>Professional\ 7/.magick
>>>
>>>That solved that error. But we got a new one:
>>>
>>>ImageMagick error (420): NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat
>>>
>>>And haven't been able to solve that one...
>>
>>This means that ImageMagick cannot convert the filetype that you are trying=
>> to convert. What is the file extension of the file?
>
>It's a normal RGB JPG, with the extension ".JPG".
>

>Any idea?

Here are a few:

1. Maybe it's not really a .jpg file
2. Perhaps it is corrupted somehow
3. There might be some info in the file that IM is choking on

I would try to open it in an image-editing ap and save it as a new file to see if the problem goes away.

--Eric

Re: ImageMagick error

Jona Tallieu

>Here are a few:
>
>1. Maybe it's not really a .jpg file
>2. Perhaps it is corrupted somehow
>3. There might be some info in the file that IM is choking on
>
>I would try to open it in an image-editing ap and save it as a new file to
>see if the problem goes away.

If I use ImageMagick from the CLI with THE SAME image:

server:/ImageMagick-5.5.7/bin root# ./identify /91.jpg
Symbol: _jpeg_LTX_RegisterJPEGImage
91.jpg JPEG
427x360+0+0 DirectClass 8-bit 36.0kb 0.010u 0:01
Symbol: _jpeg_LTX_UnregisterJPEGImage

and

server:/ImageMagick-5.5.7/bin root# ./convert /91.jpg /91.gif
Symbol: _gif_LTX_RegisterGIFImage
Symbol: _jpeg_LTX_RegisterJPEGImage
Symbol: _gif_LTX_UnregisterGIFImage
Symbol: _jpeg_LTX_UnregisterJPEGImage

IT WORKS! The image is converted to a GIF without any problem.
But If I try to resize the JPG using Lasso, I get the error:
ImageMagick error (420): NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat

Anyone know what's going on?

Thnx!

J.

Re: ImageMagick error

Mark Schneider
[Var:'MyImage'=(Image: 'temp.pdf')]
[$MyImage->(Convert: 'JPG', -Quality=100)]
[File_Serve: $MyImage->Data, -Type='image/jpeg']

hmmm not sure since you didn't post any
code but I think I saw this problem once when
I did not have the -Type tag set correct...

See last line  in my file_serve
make sure you have
image/jpeg
NOT
image/jpg

going from memory here but I think this
was an issue I had way back when...

good luck
schnide

Re: ImageMagick error

Jona Tallieu
>hmmm not sure since you didn't post any
>code but I think I saw this problem once when
>I did not have the -Type tag set correct...
>
>See last line  in my file_serve
>make sure you have
>image/jpeg
>NOT
>image/jpg
>
>going from memory here but I think this
>was an issue I had way back when...

This is the code we used:

[Inline: -Username='******', -Password='*****', -Nothing]

[Var:'MyImage'=(Image: 'TE.gif')]
[$MyImage->(Scale: -Width=100, -Sample)]
[$MyImage->(Convert: 'JPG', -Quality=100)]
[File_Serve: $MyImage->Data, -Type='image/jpeg']

[/Inline]

This is the error we get:

ImageMagick error (420): NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat:
/Library/WebServer/_temp/bram/images/TE.gif
at: Image with params: 'TE.gif'
at: /Library/WebServer/_temp/bram/images/index.lasso on line: 4 at position: 17
at: Inline with params: -Username=*****, -Password=*****, -Nothing
at: /Library/WebServer/_temp/bram/images/index.lasso

Line 4 is this line: [Var:'MyImage'=(Image: 'TE.gif')]
Position 17 is the Image tag.

What else can we try?
Shouldn't this just "work" with a standard install of Lasso 7 on OSX?

Thanks!

J.

Re: ImageMagick error

Mark Schneider
your code works as-is on my server

http://www.hirinfo.com/coupons/FIX/jona.lasso

SO you may want to reinstall lasso

Re: ImageMagick error

Eric Landmann
Jona Tallieu <[hidden email]> wrote on Thursday, May 19, 2005:

>>Here are a few:
>>
>>1. Maybe it's not really a .jpg file
>>2. Perhaps it is corrupted somehow
>>3. There might be some info in the file that IM is choking on
>>
>>I would try to open it in an image-editing ap and save it as a new file to
>>see if the problem goes away.
>
>If I use ImageMagick from the CLI with THE SAME image:
>

>server:/ImageMagick-5.5.7/bin root# ./identify /91.jpg
>Symbol: _jpeg_LTX_RegisterJPEGImage
>91.jpg JPEG
>427x360+0+0 DirectClass 8-bit 36.0kb 0.010u 0:01
>Symbol: _jpeg_LTX_UnregisterJPEGImage
>
>and
>
>server:/ImageMagick-5.5.7/bin root# ./convert /91.jpg /91.gif
>Symbol: _gif_LTX_RegisterGIFImage
>Symbol: _jpeg_LTX_RegisterJPEGImage
>Symbol: _gif_LTX_UnregisterGIFImage
>Symbol: _jpeg_LTX_UnregisterJPEGImage
>
>IT WORKS! The image is converted to a GIF without any problem.
>But If I try to resize the JPG using Lasso, I get the error:
>ImageMagick error (420): NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat
>
>Anyone know what's going on?

Jona:

Is it possible that you have two installations of MySQL? Lasso installs its own within the Lasso folder, but a binary install or compiled install will certainly not put it there. The binary install should install ImageMagick in /usr/local/bin.

If you have two versions installed, each one has their own delegates, which would explain why one works and the other doesn't.

--Eric

Re: ImageMagick error

Eric Landmann
Eric Landmann <[hidden email]> wrote on Sunday, May 22, 2005:

>Jona Tallieu <[hidden email]> wrote on Thursday, May 19, 2005:
>
>>>Here are a few:
>>>
>>>1. Maybe it's not really a .jpg file
>>>2. Perhaps it is corrupted somehow
>>>3. There might be some info in the file that IM is choking on
>>>
>>>I would try to open it in an image-editing ap and save it as a new file to
>>>see if the problem goes away.
>>
>>If I use ImageMagick from the CLI with THE SAME image:
>>

>>server:/ImageMagick-5.5.7/bin root# ./identify /91.jpg
>>Symbol: _jpeg_LTX_RegisterJPEGImage
>>91.jpg JPEG
>>427x360+0+0 DirectClass 8-bit 36.0kb 0.010u 0:01
>>Symbol: _jpeg_LTX_UnregisterJPEGImage
>>
>>and
>>
>>server:/ImageMagick-5.5.7/bin root# ./convert /91.jpg /91.gif
>>Symbol: _gif_LTX_RegisterGIFImage
>>Symbol: _jpeg_LTX_RegisterJPEGImage
>>Symbol: _gif_LTX_UnregisterGIFImage
>>Symbol: _jpeg_LTX_UnregisterJPEGImage
>>
>>IT WORKS! The image is converted to a GIF without any problem.
>>But If I try to resize the JPG using Lasso, I get the error:
>>ImageMagick error (420): NoDecodeDelegateForThisImageFormat
>>
>>Anyone know what's going on?
>
>Jona:
>
>Is it possible that you have two installations of MySQL? Lasso installs its own within the Lasso folder, but
>a binary install or compiled install will certainly not put it there. The binary install should install
>ImageMagick in /usr/local/bin.
>
>If you have two versions installed, each one has their own delegates, which would explain why one works and
>the other doesn't.

Er, sorry, that should have read "two installations of ImageMagick".

--Eric

Re: ImageMagick error

Jona Tallieu

>Is it possible that you have two installations of MySQL? Lasso installs its=
> own within the Lasso folder, but a binary install or compiled install will=
> certainly not put it there. The binary install should install ImageMagick =
>in /usr/local/bin.
>
>If you have two versions installed, each one has their own delegates, which=
> would explain why one works and the other doesn't.

Lasso installed an ImageMagick directory in the root:

/ImageMagick-5.5.7/

Inside the "Lasso Professional 7" Folder there is:

.DS_Store
.magick -> /ImageMagick-5.5.7/lib/ImageMagick-5.5.7
Admin
Documentation
Items
JDBCDrivers
LassoErrors.txt
LassoModules
LassoMySQL
LassoService
LassoStartup
Library
Tools

Inside /usr/local/bin or /usr/bin there is no sign of any ImageMagick.

Looks normal?

J.

Re: ImageMagick error

Eric Landmann
Jona Tallieu <[hidden email]> wrote on Monday, May 23, 2005:

>>Is it possible that you have two installations of MySQL? Lasso installs its=
>> own within the Lasso folder, but a binary install or compiled install will=
>> certainly not put it there. The binary install should install ImageMagick =
>>in /usr/local/bin.
>>
>>If you have two versions installed, each one has their own delegates, which=
>> would explain why one works and the other doesn't.
>

>Lasso installed an ImageMagick directory in the root:
>
>/ImageMagick-5.5.7/
>
>Inside the "Lasso Professional 7" Folder there is:
>
>...DS_Store
>...magick -> /ImageMagick-5.5.7/lib/ImageMagick-5.5.7
>Admin
>Documentation
>Items
>JDBCDrivers
>LassoErrors.txt
>LassoModules
>LassoMySQL
>LassoService
>LassoStartup
>Library
>Tools
>

>Inside /usr/local/bin or /usr/bin there is no sign of any ImageMagick.
>
>Looks normal?

Lasso only installs its copy inside the Lasso folder. The other one (at the root) is the one you are calling through the terminal, which appears to work correctly. That is the difference. Maybe if you are feeling brave you could compare the delegates.mgk file between the two and see what the differences are, perhaps swap them (keep a backup!), and run your test.

--Eric

Re: ImageMagick error

Jona Tallieu

>Lasso only installs its copy inside the Lasso folder. The other one (at the
>root) is the one you are calling through the terminal, which appears to
>work correctly. That is the difference. Maybe if you are feeling brave you
>could compare the delegates.mgk file between the two and see what the
>differences are, perhaps swap them (keep a backup!), and run your test.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm pretty sure the one at the root is installed by Lasso.
I did not install another ImageMagick myself.

Also, inside the Lasso folder there is no ImageMagick folder.
Only a link to the folder at the root:

server:/Applications/Lasso Professional 7 root# ls -l

.magick -> /ImageMagick-5.5.7/lib/ImageMagick-5.5.7

I did not make that alias / link. Lasso did...

Is that not the normal setup with Lasso 7?

Thanks again!

J.

Re: ImageMagick error

Eric Landmann
Jona Tallieu <[hidden email]> wrote on Monday, May 23, 2005:

>>Lasso only installs its copy inside the Lasso folder. The other one (at the
>>root) is the one you are calling through the terminal, which appears to
>>work correctly. That is the difference. Maybe if you are feeling brave you
>>could compare the delegates.mgk file between the two and see what the
>>differences are, perhaps swap them (keep a backup!), and run your test.
>
>Thanks for your reply.
>
>I'm pretty sure the one at the root is installed by Lasso.
>I did not install another ImageMagick myself.
>
>Also, inside the Lasso folder there is no ImageMagick folder.
>Only a link to the folder at the root:
>
>server:/Applications/Lasso Professional 7 root# ls -l
>
>...magick -> /ImageMagick-5.5.7/lib/ImageMagick-5.5.7
>
>I did not make that alias / link. Lasso did...
>
>Is that not the normal setup with Lasso 7?

Hmm. Something seems screwy there. Mine is inside the Lasso folder (version 7, Mac OS). Not sure where to take it from here, maybe reinstall?

--Eric