Re: Image Tags, X11 and Linux

Erlend Garåsen

What is the worst thing that might happen if we run a newer version of
ImageMagick? My guess is that the Image tags will not work properly.

I accidentally upgraded the packages to version 6, and then I noticed
the following entries in the console log:
[06/13/05 09:53:44] Error from dlopen: libMagick.so.0: cannot open
[06/13/05 09:53:44] Image: The image tags have not loaded. This is
usually due to X11 not being installed.

But everything else seems to work as usual.

I see there are several security problems with the old versions, but
probably (I hope) our machines are not vulnerable as long as we only use
ImageMagick with Lasso.

Erlend