Re: Good Calendar Examples - Ajaxification (Is this a verb?)

Re: Good Calendar Examples - Ajaxification (Is this a verb?)

decorior
HI, Brett;

Nice job. It looks similar in structure to Marc's. So, since we
ajaxified his I am thinking that tomorrow I will modify this code to
contain the events (click, mouseover, etc.) by adding AJAX code.

And then I will put it back out there.

The one feature that we will need to add for our use will be start
date and end date (i.e. the days on which a click is allowed)

Does anyone want anything else added while I am at it?

Deco
On Mar 3, 2006, at 2:10 PM, Bret Williams wrote:

> We built a CTag for showing calendars, either vertically or
> horizontally, with any dates highlighted:
> http://tagswap.net/nCtag_Calendar
>
> While it doesn't provide roll-over pop-ups on events, it might help
> you get started. You can see it in action at http://
> www.discoverweimar.com
>
> Click on "Local Events" on the home page (the calendar on the home
> page is one, too). It shows the current month and the next 2 months
> (the CTag can show as many months as you specify). Clicking on one
> of the events shown will highlight the dates for that event on the
> event detail page.
>
> It's not too elaborate, but hopefully it might be of some use.
>
> On Mar 2, 2006, at 11:03 AM, Greg Hemphill wrote:
>
>> That's a pretty sweet looking app
>>
>> On Mar 2, 2006, at 9:43 AM, Brian Hull wrote:
>>>
>>> Same for me also,
>>>
>>> I have a calendar example in a work-in-progress project for an
>>> online hairdresser app here:
>>>
>>> http://www.quadriform.com/hairdressing/index.html
>>>
>>> It is loosely based on the sample Duncan Cameron did for LP5, its
>>> linear and is colour coded based on stylist choice and work days
>>> of that stylist. Move forward (Max 6 months) using the right
>>> arrow on the extreme end of the calendar. The default start is
>>> the next working day!
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Brian Hull
>>> t: 0113 281 1190
>>> t: 0113 393 5932
>>> m: 07999 533421
>>> w: www.quadriform.com
>>> personal: www.parlington.com

The ctag allows you to enter one or more dates, such as a start date
and end date, although you also have to include all the dates in
between.

I'll be anxious to see it with the AJAX code.

On Mar 3, 2006, at 6:44 PM, Deco Rior wrote:

> HI, Brett;
>
> Nice job. It looks similar in structure to Marc's. So, since we
> ajaxified his I am thinking that tomorrow I will modify this code
> to contain the events (click, mouseover, etc.) by adding AJAX code.
>
> And then I will put it back out there.
>
> The one feature that we will need to add for our use will be start
> date and end date (i.e. the days on which a click is allowed)
>
> Does anyone want anything else added while I am at it?
>
> Deco
> On Mar 3, 2006, at 2:10 PM, Bret Williams wrote:
>
>> We built a CTag for showing calendars, either vertically or
>> horizontally, with any dates highlighted:
>> http://tagswap.net/nCtag_Calendar
>>
>> While it doesn't provide roll-over pop-ups on events, it might
>> help you get started. You can see it in action at http://
>> www.discoverweimar.com
>>
>> Click on "Local Events" on the home page (the calendar on the home
>> page is one, too). It shows the current month and the next 2
>> months (the CTag can show as many months as you specify). Clicking
>> on one of the events shown will highlight the dates for that event
>> on the event detail page.
>>
>> It's not too elaborate, but hopefully it might be of some use.
>>
>> On Mar 2, 2006, at 11:03 AM, Greg Hemphill wrote:
>>
>>> That's a pretty sweet looking app

Fletcher Sandbeck
Calvin or Hobbes once said that "verbing weirds language", but so the saying goes, not as much as renounification.  Ajaxification represents the assimilation, verbing, and subsequent renounification of an otherwise perfectly respectable acronym.

Director of Product Development       http://www.lassostudio.com
OmniPilot Software, Inc.                http://www.omnipilot.com

Re: Good Calendar Examples - Ajaxification (Is this a verb?)

Brian K. Middendorf
> Calvin or Hobbes once said that "verbing weirds language", but so
> the saying goes, not as much as renounification.  Ajaxification
> represents the assimilation, verbing, and subsequent
> renounification of an otherwise perfectly respectable acronym.

Hopefully you know you are and have always been wonderful in my book
(not that is matters).  But a Calvin and Hobbes reference?  Rock on!

-brian.

Re: Good Calendar Examples - Ajaxification (Is this a verb?)

Well, Friday night brings out the best in people

On Mar 3, 2006, at 9:03 PM, Brian K. Middendorf wrote:

>> Calvin or Hobbes once said that "verbing weirds language", but so
>> the saying goes, not as much as renounification.  Ajaxification
>> represents the assimilation, verbing, and subsequent
>> renounification of an otherwise perfectly respectable acronym.
>
> Hopefully you know you are and have always been wonderful in my
> book (not that is matters).  But a Calvin and Hobbes reference?
> Rock on!
>
> -brian.

Re: Good Calendar Examples - Ajaxification (Is this a verb?)

Greg Willits-2
>>> Fletcher penned:
>>> Calvin or Hobbes once said that "verbing weirds language", but so
>>> the saying goes, not as much as renounification.  Ajaxification
>>> represents the assimilation, verbing, and subsequent
>>> renounification of an otherwise perfectly respectable acronym.
>>
>>> Brian K. Middendorf wrote:
>> Hopefully you know you are and have always been wonderful in my
>> book (not that is matters).  But a Calvin and Hobbes reference?
>> Rock on!

> Deco Rior quipped:
> Well, Friday night brings out the best in people

Greg Willits snickered:

Yeah, but what's the real msg? His C&H hippness? Is this msg really
about a bunch of 'ation' words, or as I suspect the real agenda
hidden in those tongue twists is that acronyms are respectable? Hmmm?
See what I'm gettin' at? See it? Truly subversive evil at work I think.

-- gw

Re: Good Calendar Examples - Ajaxification (Is this a verb?)

Göran Törnquist
For whatever it's worth (weird language or not),
in Swedish it is a perfectly normal process to
create a verb from a noun.

/Göran

>Calvin or Hobbes once said that "verbing weirds
>language", but so the saying goes, not as much
>as renounification.  Ajaxification represents
>the assimilation, verbing, and subsequent
>renounification of an otherwise perfectly
>respectable acronym.
>
>[fletcher]
>--
>Fletcher Sandbeck                         [hidden email]
>Director of Product Development       http://www.lassostudio.com
>OmniPilot Software, Inc.                http://www.omnipilot.com

>believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

Re: Good Calendar Examples - Ajaxification (Is this a verb?)

Johan Solve
On 3/4/06, Göran Törnquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For whatever it's worth (weird language or not),
> in Swedish it is a perfectly normal process to
> create a verb from a noun.

The real fun begins when a verbified noun is nounified again...

I want to see some Ajaxifyisms!

--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Partner, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer

Re: Good Calendar Examples - Ajaxification (Is this a verb?)

Bil Corry
Johan Solve wrote:
> On 3/4/06, Göran Törnquist <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> For whatever it's worth (weird language or not),
>> in Swedish it is a perfectly normal process to
>> create a verb from a noun.
>
> The real fun begins when a verbified noun is nounified again...
>
> I want to see some Ajaxifyisms!

Then you better start Ajaxifyismify some.  But know that Ajaxifyismifyisms can be hard to find.