Re: Encodebreak Weirdness

Aeon McNulty
This is happening to me too. Mac OS X, LP 8.0.5 (doesn't happen with 8.0.4).

[Encode_Break: $badabing] works just fine, as does [(Var: 'badabing',
-EncodeBreak)]. But [Var: 'badabing', -EncodeBreak] gives me <br /> tags.

Can anyone shed any light?

Aeon McNulty

On 24/6/05 09:15, "Greg Willits" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Weird... this code:
>
> var:'x', -encodebreak;
>
> is creating output with the <br /> tag in the text. Never seen that
> before.
>
> This same code set worked fine with LP6/FMP6. I'm positive I have other
> code in LP8/MySQL that is fine. This has now been moved to LP8/FMP6,
> and something weird is going on. Whaddid I do?
>
> -- gw

Re: Encodebreak Weirdness

Greg Willits
Yeah, it definitely smells like a bug. I sent it in.

-- greg willits

On Jul 25, 2005, at 7:27 AM, Aeon McNulty wrote:

> This is happening to me too. Mac OS X, LP 8.0.5 (doesn't happen
> with 8.0.4).
>
> [Encode_Break: $badabing] works just fine, as does [(Var: 'badabing',
> -EncodeBreak)]. But [Var: 'badabing', -EncodeBreak] gives me <br />
> tags.
>
> Can anyone shed any light?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Aeon McNulty
>

> On 24/6/05 09:15, "Greg Willits" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Weird... this code:
>>
>> var:'x', -encodebreak;
>>
>> is creating output with the <br /> tag in the text. Never seen that
>> before.
>>
>> This same code set worked fine with LP6/FMP6. I'm positive I have
>> other
>> code in LP8/MySQL that is fine. This has now been moved to LP8/FMP6,
>> and something weird is going on. Whaddid I do?

Re: Encodebreak Weirdness

Wade Maxfield
>On 24/6/05 09:15, "Greg Willits" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  Weird... this code:
>>
>>  var:'x', -encodebreak;
>>
>>  is creating output with the <br /> tag in the text. Never seen that
>>  before.
>>
>>  This same code set worked fine with LP6/FMP6. I'm positive I have other
>>  code in LP8/MySQL that is fine. This has now been moved to LP8/FMP6,
>>  and something weird is going on. Whaddid I do?
>>
>  > -- gw
>>
>This is happening to me too. Mac OS X, LP 8.0.5 (doesn't happen with 8.0.4).
>
>[Encode_Break: $badabing] works just fine, as does [(Var: 'badabing',
>-EncodeBreak)]. But [Var: 'badabing', -EncodeBreak] gives me <br /> tags.
>
>Can anyone shed any light?
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>Aeon McNulty

It's a bug.  Will be fixed in the nearish future.

If you look in the release notes, it says that [Variable: 'xxx'] will
be displayed with HTML encoding by default.  It looks like the
-EncodeBreak is happening before the HTML encoding, so it's encoding
the <br />  as  &lt;br /&gt;

  - Wade

Re: Encodebreak Weirdness

Adam Randall
Wade's correct. Also, it ONLY affects the [Var] and [Local] tags when
they are called alone. If you call the tag inside of another tag, the
issue will not present itself.

Adam.

--
Adam Randall <[hidden email]>
http://www.omnipilot.com/

On Jul 25, 2005, at 5:24 PM, Wade Maxfield wrote:

>> On 24/6/05 09:15, "Greg Willits" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>>  Weird... this code:
>>>
>>>  var:'x', -encodebreak;
>>>
>>>  is creating output with the <br /> tag in the text. Never seen that
>>>  before.
>>>
>>>  This same code set worked fine with LP6/FMP6. I'm positive I
>>> have other
>>>  code in LP8/MySQL that is fine. This has now been moved to LP8/
>>> FMP6,
>>>  and something weird is going on. Whaddid I do?
>>>

>>  > -- gw
>>

>> This is happening to me too. Mac OS X, LP 8.0.5 (doesn't happen
>> with 8.0.4).
>>
>> [Encode_Break: $badabing] works just fine, as does [(Var: 'badabing',
>> -EncodeBreak)]. But [Var: 'badabing', -EncodeBreak] gives me <br /
>> > tags.
>>
>> Can anyone shed any light?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Aeon McNulty
>>

> It's a bug.  Will be fixed in the nearish future.
>
> If you look in the release notes, it says that [Variable: 'xxx']
> will be displayed with HTML encoding by default.  It looks like the
> -EncodeBreak is happening before the HTML encoding, so it's
> encoding the <br />  as &lt;br /&gt;
>
>  - Wade

Re: Encodebreak Weirdness

Greg Willits
I can get by with a regex to search & replace all

     [var:'x', -encodebreak]
with
     [(var:'x', -encodebreak)]

according to Aeon's workaround, and that should still work as desired
even when the bug is fixed, right? It'll look funny, but it'll work.

-- gw