RE: [Ping] Very quiet [OT] Relief

Rick Draper-2
As it is so quiet on the list, I thought I would offer a completely off
topic repost of something that did the rounds a number of years back.

If you are offended by inappropriate use of the list for OT subject matter
such as this, don't read on and, I accept your criticism and won't do it
again...

For others that want to end/start your day with a smile...

-----------------------------------

A guy who purchased his lovely wife a pocket Taser for their anniversary
submitted this to a blog:

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my
interest.. The occasion was our 15th anniversary and I was looking for a
little something extra for my wife Julie.  What I came across was a
100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were
supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your
assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety....??

WAY TOO COOL!

Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two AAA
batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button...       Nothing! I was
disappointed.

I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND pressed it against a
metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting
back and forth between the prongs....   AWESOME!!!

Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that burn spot is on the
face of her microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it
couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-A batteries, right?

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting
little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really
needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target.

I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and
thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat.

But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against
a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised.  Am I
wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses
perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and
taser in another.

The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your
assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a
major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would purportedly make
your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer
than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.

All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5' long,
less than 3/4 inch in circumference; pretty cute really and (loaded with two
itsy, bitsy triple-A batteries) thinking to myself, 'no possible way!'

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best...?

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side
as to say, 'don't do it dipshit,' reasoning that a one second burst from
such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad.

I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it. I touched
the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and . ..
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD . . . WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION . .. . WHAT THE HELL!!!

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in
the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and
over again.

I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the foetal position, with tears in
my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be
found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and
tingling in my legs?

The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a
picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid
getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.

Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a taser, one note of
caution: there is no such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself!

You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a
violent thrashing about on the floor. A three second burst would be
considered conservative?

SON-OF-A-BITCH, THAT HURT LIKE HELL!!!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that
point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed
the landscape.

My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace.  The recliner
was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was.  My
triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching.

My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip
weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the drooling.

Apparently I shit myself, but was too numb to know for sure and my sense of
smell was gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head which I believe came
from my hair.

I'm still looking for my nuts and I'm offering a significant reward for
their safe return!!

P. S. My wife loved the gift, and now regularly threatens me with it!

'If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid.'

Re: [Ping] Very quiet [OT] Relief

Mark Palmer
Made me chuckle.

Regards

Mark Palmer
E: [hidden email]
T: 01902 620500
W: www.pageworks.co.uk
On 17 Apr 2014, at 0:09, Rick Draper wrote:

> [...]
> recliner
> was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was.
> My
> triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching.
>
> My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip
> weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the drooling.
>
> Apparently I shit myself, but was too numb to know for sure and my
> sense of
> smell was gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head which I
> believe came
> from my hair.
>
> I'm still looking for my nuts and I'm offering a significant reward
> for
> their safe return!!
>
> P. S. My wife loved the gift, and now regularly threatens me with it!
>
> 'If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid.'

Pascal Geuns-2
Ah Rick, I remember having a hard time breathing the first time I read it, because I laughed so much and after all this time still had the same effect, thanks for sharing it again :-D

Since today also seams quiet, I thought I share a poem that got me thinking…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dLU6fk9QY

… to go out for a walk and enjoy the day ;-)

Kind Regards
Pascal Geuns
QualitySSL by BitEngines

Meet me on LinkedIn