Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

decorior
We have implemented real-time progress bars using a combo of Ajax and
Lasso. It seems to do the trick for operations that take many seconds
preventing the user from hitting the buttons :-)

I am happy to share what we did if anyone is interested, but I have
not posted a demo yet.

Deco

We will miss you all at the Summit. Unfortunately we have a trade
show in HIlton Head the week after...and you all know how
preparations go.

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

lasso-3
Very interested!  Send example to: [hidden email]

Deco Rior wrote:

> We have implemented real-time progress bars using a combo of Ajax and
> Lasso. It seems to do the trick for operations that take many seconds
> preventing the user from hitting the buttons :-)
>
> I am happy to share what we did if anyone is interested, but I have
> not posted a demo yet.
>
> Deco
>
> We will miss you all at the Summit. Unfortunately we have a trade show
> in HIlton Head the week after...and you all know how preparations go.

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Stephen Thirlwell
On 1/2/06 13:17, "Deco Rior" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have implemented real-time progress bars using a combo of Ajax and
> Lasso. It seems to do the trick for operations that take many seconds
> preventing the user from hitting the buttons :-)
>
> I am happy to share what we did if anyone is interested, but I have
> not posted a demo yet.

Also interested :)

Regards

Stephen

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Karstyn McCoy-2
Add me in too!

--Karstyn

On 2/1/06, Stephen Thirlwell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/2/06 13:17, "Deco Rior" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > We have implemented real-time progress bars using a combo of Ajax and
> > Lasso. It seems to do the trick for operations that take many seconds
> > preventing the user from hitting the buttons :-)
> >
> > I am happy to share what we did if anyone is interested, but I have
> > not posted a demo yet.
>
> Also interested :)
>
> Regards
>
> Stephen

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Göran Törnquist
Yes! Please, send one to me too...

/Göran

>We have implemented real-time progress bars
>using a combo of Ajax and Lasso. It seems to do
>the trick for operations that take many seconds
>preventing the user from hitting the buttons :-)
>
>I am happy to share what we did if anyone is
>interested, but I have not posted a demo yet.
>
>Deco
>
>We will miss you all at the Summit.
>Unfortunately we have a trade show in HIlton
>Head the week after...and you all know how
>preparations go.

>believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Rick Draper
Hi Deco,

Please add me to the list of the _very_ interested.

Very best regards,

Rick

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Kevin Bice
We are all interested. Please send it when you can.
Kevin Bice
512-879-1653 (New)
http://fmpweb.com
Web design, web applications, web hosting

On Feb 1, 2006, at 7:17 AM, Deco Rior wrote:

> We have implemented real-time progress bars using a combo of Ajax
> and Lasso. It seems to do the trick for operations that take many
> seconds preventing the user from hitting the buttons :-)
>
> I am happy to share what we did if anyone is interested, but I have
> not posted a demo yet.
>
> Deco
>
> We will miss you all at the Summit. Unfortunately we have a trade
> show in HIlton Head the week after...and you all know how
> preparations go.

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Bret Williams
Include us on the list, too, please.

On Feb 1, 2006, at 12:45 PM, Kevin Bice wrote:

>> We have implemented real-time progress bars using a combo of Ajax
>> and Lasso. It seems to do the trick for operations that take many
>> seconds preventing the user from hitting the buttons :-)
>>
>> I am happy to share what we did if anyone is interested, but I
>> have not posted a demo yet.
>>
>> Deco

Bret Williams
General Manager
Novusweb

www.Novusweb.com

760.942.3773 voice
866.668.8793 toll-free

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail document, including all
contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you may NOT use, disclose, copy, or disseminate
this information.  Please contact the sender by reply immediately and
destroy all copies of the original message including all
attachments.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Jono-2
I think there's so many people interested you might want to post it
on your site and give the list a link to it :)

Better yet, get OP to put it in the tips etc area?

On 02/02/2006, at 11:58 AM, Bret Williams wrote:

> Include us on the list, too, please.
>
> On Feb 1, 2006, at 12:45 PM, Kevin Bice wrote:
>
>>> We have implemented real-time progress bars using a combo of Ajax
>>> and Lasso. It seems to do the trick for operations that take many
>>> seconds preventing the user from hitting the buttons :-)
>>>
>>> I am happy to share what we did if anyone is interested, but I
>>> have not posted a demo yet.
>>>
>>> Deco
>
> Bret Williams
> General Manager
> Novusweb
>
> www.Novusweb.com
>
> 760.942.3773 voice
> 866.668.8793 toll-free
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail document, including all
> attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
> may contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are
> not the intended recipient, you may NOT use, disclose, copy, or
> disseminate this information.  Please contact the sender by reply
> immediately and destroy all copies of the original message
> including all attachments.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Jono

// ---------------------------------------------------------
/*
     Jonathan Guthrie
     New Media Solutions
     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz   | +64 21 678890

    "Simple is the new black"
*/
// ---------------------------------------------------------

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Steffan A. Cline
Post it on

http://www.lassoforge.com

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 5 7 9 . 4 2 3 0 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
[hidden email]                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
The Executive's Choice in Lasso driven Internet Applications
                                  Lasso Partner Alliance Member

> From: Jono <[hidden email]>
> Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:05:20 +1300
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL
>
> I think there's so many people interested you might want to post it
> on your site and give the list a link to it :)
>
> Better yet, get OP to put it in the tips etc area?
>

> On 02/02/2006, at 11:58 AM, Bret Williams wrote:

>> Bret Williams
>> General Manager
>> Novusweb
>>
>> www.Novusweb.com
>>
>> 760.942.3773 voice
>> 866.668.8793 toll-free
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail document, including all
>> attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
>> may contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are
>> not the intended recipient, you may NOT use, disclose, copy, or
>> disseminate this information.  Please contact the sender by reply
>> immediately and destroy all copies of the original message
>> including all attachments.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

>> lassotalk.lasso?manage
>

> Jono
>
> // ---------------------------------------------------------
> /*
>      Jonathan Guthrie
>      New Media Solutions
>      [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz   | +64 21 678890
>
>     "Simple is the new black"
> */
> // ---------------------------------------------------------

> Attend the Lasso Summit
> February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
> http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Eric Landmann
Jono <[hidden email]> wrote on Thursday, February 2, 2006:

>I think there's so many people interested you might want to post it
>on your site and give the list a link to it :)
>
>Better yet, get OP to put it in the tips etc area?

Um, I guess I have to state the obvious: Why not put it on lassoforge? It's easy, cheap, and low-fat.

--Eric

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Posted it on lassoforge.

It is pretty simple to use, and can be improved.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Deco
On Feb 1, 2006, at 6:46 PM, Eric Landmann wrote:

> Jono <[hidden email]> wrote on Thursday, February 2, 2006:
>
>> I think there's so many people interested you might want to post it
>> on your site and give the list a link to it :)
>>
>> Better yet, get OP to put it in the tips etc area?
>
> Um, I guess I have to state the obvious: Why not put it on
> lassoforge? It's easy, cheap, and low-fat.
>
> --Eric

> Attend the Lasso Summit
> February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
> http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Alex Pilson
At 8:16 PM -0700 2/1/06, Deco Rior wrote:
>Posted it on lassoforge.
>
>It is pretty simple to use, and can be improved.
>
>Let me know if you have any problems.

One thing to change for testing purposes for peopel trying this out:

File: dowork.lasso line 8 after the if statement add the following:
     sleep:1000;

then you can more accurately see the progress bar build.

Good work Deco!

--
<?------------------------------------------------------------------------------/>
     Alex Pilson          FlagShip Hosting, LLC

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Alex Pilson
If anyone is interested, I just converted his solution to a global
variable version.

--
<?------------------------------------------------------------------------------/>
     Alex Pilson          FlagShip Hosting, LLC
     800.592.6781     <http://www.flagshiphosting.com>
<?------------------------------------------------------------------------------/>

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Thanks.

I was looking for pause and wait! Sleep never occurs to me :-)

I was wondering about the global variable. The only problem is that
the PeriodicalUpdater does not die until you leave the page. So I was
worried about other people accessing globals, etc.

Deco

On Feb 1, 2006, at 8:41 PM, Alex Pilson wrote:

> If anyone is interested, I just converted his solution to a global
> variable version.
>
> --
> <?--------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----------/>
>     Alex Pilson          FlagShip Hosting, LLC
>     800.592.6781     <http://www.flagshiphosting.com>
> <?--------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----------/>

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Steffan A. Cline
Remember gents, LassoForge is open sourced and you are entitled to make
changes to it. Feel free to make them and then submit the changes. The
author will be emailed for review. Then he/she can merge the changes into a
newer release!

Also remember,

Share the wealth!

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 5 7 9 . 4 2 3 0 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
[hidden email]                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
The Executive's Choice in Lasso driven Internet Applications
                                  Lasso Partner Alliance Member

> From: Alex Pilson <[hidden email]>
> Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:41:28 -0500
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL
>
> If anyone is interested, I just converted his solution to a global
> variable version.
>
> --
> <?----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> --/>
>      Alex Pilson          FlagShip Hosting, LLC
>      800.592.6781     <http://www.flagshiphosting.com>
> <?----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> --/>

> Attend the Lasso Summit
> February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
> http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Yeah that would be great.

Deco

On Feb 2, 2006, at 6:08 AM, Steffan A. Cline wrote:

> Remember gents, LassoForge is open sourced and you are entitled to
> make
> changes to it. Feel free to make them and then submit the changes. The
> author will be emailed for review. Then he/she can merge the
> changes into a
> newer release!
>
> Also remember,
>
> Share the wealth!
>

> Thanks
>
> Steffan

> T E L  6 0 2 . 5 7 9 . 4 2 3 0 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
> Steffan A. Cline
> [hidden email]                             Phoenix, Az
> http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
> AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
> The Executive's Choice in Lasso driven Internet Applications
>                                   Lasso Partner Alliance Member
>

>> From: Alex Pilson <[hidden email]>
>> Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:41:28 -0500
>> To: <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL
>>
>> If anyone is interested, I just converted his solution to a global
>> variable version.
>>
>> --
>> <?-------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ---------
>> --/>
>>      Alex Pilson          FlagShip Hosting, LLC
>>      800.592.6781     <http://www.flagshiphosting.com>
>> <?-------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ---------
>> --/>

>> Attend the Lasso Summit
>> February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
>> http://www.LassoSummit.com/

> Attend the Lasso Summit
> February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
> http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Attend the Lasso Summit
February 17-19, 2006 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
http://www.LassoSummit.com/

Re: Progress bar, Ajax and lasso....my PAL

Are you writing the current value to a global variable?