Our Lasso 9 Conversion / New Site

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Our Lasso 9 Conversion / New Site

Daniel Parker
Hi,

I just thought i would let you know about our new website that is built with Lasso 9.

It is an ecommerce site that sells Beer online in New Zealand (and soon Australia), and can be found here: http://www.beercellar.com

About 75% of the code on this site is new, it has been a major rewrite from the ground up. The remaining 25% of code was ported across from out old 8.5.6 site (and some of the code goes back as far as 3.6).

Once I got my head around Lasso 9, and actually decided to do it in 9 (The original plan was to use 8.6) things went surprisingly well. The biggest issues I had were with explicitly casting variables, and some conditional checking.

While there is still a lot more work to do (Site looks good in Crome and Safari, but not so flash in I.E) I thought I would put this forward as a positive post as to what Lasso 9 can do.

This site could not have been built without help from this list. It uses concepts and code (i.e Clean URLs) that came from here.

Thank you to everyone who has helped answer my questions :-)

Daniel Parker
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Our Lasso 9 Conversion / New Site

Rachel Guthrie

On 2012-08-24, at 9:51 PM, Daniel Parker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just thought i would let you know about our new website that is built with Lasso 9.
>
> It is an ecommerce site that sells Beer online in New Zealand (and soon Australia), and can be found here: http://www.beercellar.com
>
> About 75% of the code on this site is new, it has been a major rewrite from the ground up. The remaining 25% of code was ported across from out old 8.5.6 site (and some of the code goes back as far as 3.6).
>
> Once I got my head around Lasso 9, and actually decided to do it in 9 (The original plan was to use 8.6) things went surprisingly well. The biggest issues I had were with explicitly casting variables, and some conditional checking.
>
> While there is still a lot more work to do (Site looks good in Crome and Safari, but not so flash in I.E) I thought I would put this forward as a positive post as to what Lasso 9 can do.
>
> This site could not have been built without help from this list. It uses concepts and code (i.e Clean URLs) that came from here.
>
> Thank you to everyone who has helped answer my questions :-)
>
> Daniel Parker
>


Well done Daniel, it's looking great (and it might solve my 'what to get for dad in NZ for fathers day' issue too!)

You've worked hard, done well, now it's time to enjoy the fruit (or barley and hops?) of your labour - do they pay you by the case?

;)

Rachel Guthrie
Manager, LassoSoft Inc
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Our Lasso 9 Conversion / New Site

Jolle Carlestam-3
In reply to this post by Daniel Parker
Nice work!
Rest at ease that the site looks really good and behaves well on an iPad as well.

What clean URL method did you settle on?

HDB
Jolle

Sent from a thin, flat, touchy device from an undetermined place in space.

25 aug 2012 kl. 03:52 skrev "Daniel Parker" <[hidden email]>:

> I just thought i would let you know about our new website that is built with Lasso 9.
>
> It is an ecommerce site that sells Beer online in New Zealand (and soon Australia), and can be found here: http://www.beercellar.com
>
> About 75% of the code on this site is new, it has been a major rewrite from the ground up. The remaining 25% of code was ported across from out old 8.5.6 site (and some of the code goes back as far as 3.6).
>
> Once I got my head around Lasso 9, and actually decided to do it in 9 (The original plan was to use 8.6) things went surprisingly well. The biggest issues I had were with explicitly casting variables, and some conditional checking.
>
> While there is still a lot more work to do (Site looks good in Crome and Safari, but not so flash in I.E) I thought I would put this forward as a positive post as to what Lasso 9 can do.
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Our Lasso 9 Conversion / New Site

Marc Vos
In reply to this post by Daniel Parker
Nice website!

Good find: 'Brewsletter' :-)

- -
Marc

On 25 aug. 2012, at 03:51, Daniel Parker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just thought i would let you know about our new website that is built with Lasso 9.
>
> It is an ecommerce site that sells Beer online in New Zealand (and soon Australia), and can be found here: http://www.beercellar.com
>
> About 75% of the code on this site is new, it has been a major rewrite from the ground up. The remaining 25% of code was ported across from out old 8.5.6 site (and some of the code goes back as far as 3.6).
>
> Once I got my head around Lasso 9, and actually decided to do it in 9 (The original plan was to use 8.6) things went surprisingly well. The biggest issues I had were with explicitly casting variables, and some conditional checking.
>
> While there is still a lot more work to do (Site looks good in Crome and Safari, but not so flash in I.E) I thought I would put this forward as a positive post as to what Lasso 9 can do.
>
> This site could not have been built without help from this list. It uses concepts and code (i.e Clean URLs) that came from here.
>
> Thank you to everyone who has helped answer my questions :-)
>
> Daniel Parker
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Our Lasso 9 Conversion / New Site

Daniel Parker
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-3

On 25/08/2012, at 4:33 PM, Jolle Carlestam wrote:

> What clean URL method did you settle on?

Our code is derived from a post by Jono dated 6 April 2011 "Lasso 9 and clean URLs" (Thanks Jono!)

It uses Apache ScriptAliasMatch and an atbegin..

Seams to work well.

Daniel Parker
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Our Lasso 9 Conversion / New Site

Lubos Voros
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-3
nice web,

please may small bug, see shopping cart: I add 1 part in 5pcs qty and on
top right is information about 5 items in cart (correct is 1 item in 5
pcs qty), on left side Shopping Cart shows: Cart Quantity: 5, it is
correct :-)

The purchase and consumption of beer is very important and it's a big
difference  :-)

Lubos

> Jolle Carlestam <mailto:[hidden email]>
> 25. srpna 2012 6:33
> Nice work!
> Rest at ease that the site looks really good and behaves well on an
> iPad as well.
>
> What clean URL method did you settle on?
>
> HDB
> Jolle
>
> Sent from a thin, flat, touchy device from an undetermined place in space.
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> the mailing list Lasso
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to <[hidden email]>
> Daniel Parker <mailto:[hidden email]>
> 25. srpna 2012 3:51
> Hi,
>
> I just thought i would let you know about our new website that is
> built with Lasso 9.
>
> It is an ecommerce site that sells Beer online in New Zealand (and
> soon Australia), and can be found here: http://www.beercellar.com
>
> About 75% of the code on this site is new, it has been a major rewrite
> from the ground up. The remaining 25% of code was ported across from
> out old 8.5.6 site (and some of the code goes back as far as 3.6).
>
> Once I got my head around Lasso 9, and actually decided to do it in 9
> (The original plan was to use 8.6) things went surprisingly well. The
> biggest issues I had were with explicitly casting variables, and some
> conditional checking.
>
> While there is still a lot more work to do (Site looks good in Crome
> and Safari, but not so flash in I.E) I thought I would put this
> forward as a positive post as to what Lasso 9 can do.
>
> This site could not have been built without help from this list. It
> uses concepts and code (i.e Clean URLs) that came from here.
>
> Thank you to everyone who has helped answer my questions :-)
>
> Daniel Parker
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> the mailing list Lasso
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to <[hidden email]>

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom

Lubos Vörös

Simple DevelopmentLtd.
technology for better life

mobile : +421.948.636404
office :   Pribis(ova 8, 841 05 Bratislava, Slovakia
e-mail :[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
URL : www.lassozone.com

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>