-Opbegin and -OpEnd with FileMaker

Katarina Ellingson
Is there anybody that have found a way to get around the fact that -Opbegin
and -OpEnd doesn't work with FileMaker Pro?

Katarina

Re: -Opbegin and -OpEnd with FileMaker

Johan Solve
Hej Katarina!

Depending on your situation you can sometimes get around it using FM
calcs to mimic parts of the query. Another way is to either perform
separate searches and merge the result using Lasso arrays, or filter
the result using Lasso logic.

Yet another way would be to use JDBC connector. Strangely the FM
JDBC/ODBC connector supports advanced queries, with SQL even), but
it's only theoretical since Lasso doesn't support communicating with
FM7 via JDBC. Apparently FM's JDBC implementation lacks important
features that Lasso needs to be able to work with it.

--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Partner, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer

Re: -Opbegin and -OpEnd with FileMaker

Katarina Ellingson
Hej Johan!

Thank you for the tips!
The results are already somehow filtered, but with yet another filtering
enclosure, it will work. It may not be the greatest thing to pull more
records than necessary, but with little time and lack of experience in FM
calcs or JDBC/ODBC connector,  it will be the best way for me to solve the
situation.
Again thanx!

Katarina