[OT] threat emails

Tami Williams-3
I’ve been getting emails like this for about 1 week - any ideas on what I can do to stop these emails?

I’ve been ignoring them.

Thanks in advance.

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Security Warning
> Date: October 1, 2018 at 2:08:26 PM EDT
> To: "bya123" <[hidden email]>
>
> Hi, dear user of asktami.com
> We have installed one RAT software into you device.
> For this moment your email account is hacked (see on <from address>, I messaged you from your account).
> Your password for [hidden email]: bya123
>
> I have downloaded all confidential information from your system and I got some more evidence.
> The most interesting moment that I have discovered are videos records where you masturbating.
>
> I posted my virus on porn site, and then you installed it on your operation system.
> When you clicked the button Play on porn video, at that moment my trojan was downloaded to your device.
> After installation, your front camera shoots video every time you masturbate, in addition, the software is synchronized with the video you choose.
>
> For the moment, the software has collected all your contact information from social networks and email addresses.
> If you need to erase all of your collected data, send me $800 in BTC (crypto currency).
> This is my Bitcoin wallet: 1PuYAe7BLxNE6F6zE2PeVthfXCeYH88PmQ
> You have 48 hours after reading this letter.
>
> After your transaction I will erase all your data.
> Otherwise, I will send video with your pranks to all your colleagues and friends!!!
>
> And henceforth be more careful!
> Please visit only secure sites!
> Bye!

Re: [OT] threat emails

Bil Corry-3
I just mark them as spam in Gmail, but if you’re running your own mail server, either filter at your SMTP server or use a client-side filter.

- Bil

> On Oct 1, 2018, at 7:30 PM, Tami Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’ve been getting emails like this for about 1 week - any ideas on what I can do to stop these emails?
>

> I’ve been ignoring them.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Security Warning
>> Date: October 1, 2018 at 2:08:26 PM EDT
>> To: "bya123" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi, dear user of asktami.com
>> We have installed one RAT software into you device.
>> For this moment your email account is hacked (see on <from address>, I messaged you from your account).
>> Your password for [hidden email]: bya123
>>
>> I have downloaded all confidential information from your system and I got some more evidence.
>> The most interesting moment that I have discovered are videos records where you masturbating.
>>
>> I posted my virus on porn site, and then you installed it on your operation system.
>> When you clicked the button Play on porn video, at that moment my trojan was downloaded to your device.
>> After installation, your front camera shoots video every time you masturbate, in addition, the software is synchronized with the video you choose.
>>
>> For the moment, the software has collected all your contact information from social networks and email addresses.
>> If you need to erase all of your collected data, send me $800 in BTC (crypto currency).
>> This is my Bitcoin wallet: 1PuYAe7BLxNE6F6zE2PeVthfXCeYH88PmQ
>> You have 48 hours after reading this letter.
>>
>> After your transaction I will erase all your data.
>> Otherwise, I will send video with your pranks to all your colleagues and friends!!!
>>
>> And henceforth be more careful!
>> Please visit only secure sites!
>> Bye!

Re: [OT] threat emails

Kevin Bice
Switch to a better email provider.

All of my domain accounts are powered by Gmail, and I get none of that out of crap.
……………...
Kevin Bice
512.879.1653

PS - pick your porn sites carefully :-)

> On Oct 1, 2018, at 6:30 PM, Tami Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’ve been getting emails like this for about 1 week - any ideas on what I can do to stop these emails?
>

> I’ve been ignoring them.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Security Warning
>> Date: October 1, 2018 at 2:08:26 PM EDT
>> To: "bya123" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi, dear user of asktami.com
>> We have installed one RAT software into you device.
>> For this moment your email account is hacked (see on <from address>, I messaged you from your account).
>> Your password for [hidden email]: bya123
>>
>> I have downloaded all confidential information from your system and I got some more evidence.
>> The most interesting moment that I have discovered are videos records where you masturbating.
>>
>> I posted my virus on porn site, and then you installed it on your operation system.
>> When you clicked the button Play on porn video, at that moment my trojan was downloaded to your device.
>> After installation, your front camera shoots video every time you masturbate, in addition, the software is synchronized with the video you choose.
>>
>> For the moment, the software has collected all your contact information from social networks and email addresses.
>> If you need to erase all of your collected data, send me $800 in BTC (crypto currency).
>> This is my Bitcoin wallet: 1PuYAe7BLxNE6F6zE2PeVthfXCeYH88PmQ
>> You have 48 hours after reading this letter.
>>
>> After your transaction I will erase all your data.
>> Otherwise, I will send video with your pranks to all your colleagues and friends!!!
>>
>> And henceforth be more careful!
>> Please visit only secure sites!
>> Bye!

Re: [OT] threat emails

miles tangos
Tami,

I’ve been getting them too….

Oh and Kevin, I *AM* using google to host my MX records…and I’m still getting them.

They’re definitely marked as SPAM, but more than likely if you check your spam folder you’re getting them too.

And one more thing, they’re very sophisticated in terms of the headers they’re sending. They completely fooled my server into thinking that it actually came from me.

Funny thing is that the server where that account is hosted, there is no account with that name. So I honestly don’t know where they came up with what they came up with.

It was an outdated password from a few years ago when I used to host my own stuff. That device is no longer online or available. So it boggles my mind as to where it came from.

Tami, don’t freak out.

Miles.

On Oct 1, 2018, at 7:30 PM, Tami Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’ve been getting emails like this for about 1 week - any ideas on what I can do to stop these emails?

I’ve been ignoring them.

Thanks in advance.

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Security Warning
> Date: October 1, 2018 at 2:08:26 PM EDT
> To: "bya123" <[hidden email]>
>
> Hi, dear user of asktami.com
> We have installed one RAT software into you device.
> For this moment your email account is hacked (see on <from address>, I messaged you from your account).
> Your password for [hidden email]: bya123
>
> I have downloaded all confidential information from your system and I got some more evidence.
> The most interesting moment that I have discovered are videos records where you masturbating.
>
> I posted my virus on porn site, and then you installed it on your operation system.
> When you clicked the button Play on porn video, at that moment my trojan was downloaded to your device.
> After installation, your front camera shoots video every time you masturbate, in addition, the software is synchronized with the video you choose.
>
> For the moment, the software has collected all your contact information from social networks and email addresses.
> If you need to erase all of your collected data, send me $800 in BTC (crypto currency).
> This is my Bitcoin wallet: 1PuYAe7BLxNE6F6zE2PeVthfXCeYH88PmQ
> You have 48 hours after reading this letter.
>
> After your transaction I will erase all your data.
> Otherwise, I will send video with your pranks to all your colleagues and friends!!!
>
> And henceforth be more careful!
> Please visit only secure sites!
> Bye!

Re: [OT] threat emails

Tami Williams
Wasn’t freaking out, but was wondering how this even happens and when will it stop :)

> On Oct 1, 2018, at 9:12 PM, Miles Works <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Tami,
>
> I’ve been getting them too….
>
> Oh and Kevin, I *AM* using google to host my MX records…and I’m still getting them.
>
> They’re definitely marked as SPAM, but more than likely if you check your spam folder you’re getting them too.
>
> And one more thing, they’re very sophisticated in terms of the headers they’re sending. They completely fooled my server into thinking that it actually came from me.
>
> Funny thing is that the server where that account is hosted, there is no account with that name. So I honestly don’t know where they came up with what they came up with.
>
> It was an outdated password from a few years ago when I used to host my own stuff. That device is no longer online or available. So it boggles my mind as to where it came from.
>
> Tami, don’t freak out.
>
> Miles.
>
> On Oct 1, 2018, at 7:30 PM, Tami Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’ve been getting emails like this for about 1 week - any ideas on what I can do to stop these emails?
>

> I’ve been ignoring them.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Security Warning
>> Date: October 1, 2018 at 2:08:26 PM EDT
>> To: "bya123" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi, dear user of asktami.com
>> We have installed one RAT software into you device.
>> For this moment your email account is hacked (see on <from address>, I messaged you from your account).
>> Your password for [hidden email]: bya123
>>
>> I have downloaded all confidential information from your system and I got some more evidence.
>> The most interesting moment that I have discovered are videos records where you masturbating.
>>
>> I posted my virus on porn site, and then you installed it on your operation system.
>> When you clicked the button Play on porn video, at that moment my trojan was downloaded to your device.
>> After installation, your front camera shoots video every time you masturbate, in addition, the software is synchronized with the video you choose.
>>
>> For the moment, the software has collected all your contact information from social networks and email addresses.
>> If you need to erase all of your collected data, send me $800 in BTC (crypto currency).
>> This is my Bitcoin wallet: 1PuYAe7BLxNE6F6zE2PeVthfXCeYH88PmQ
>> You have 48 hours after reading this letter.
>>
>> After your transaction I will erase all your data.
>> Otherwise, I will send video with your pranks to all your colleagues and friends!!!
>>
>> And henceforth be more careful!
>> Please visit only secure sites!
>> Bye!

Re: [OT] threat emails