[OT] XUL and Lasso

Paul Bergstrom
Hi,

Anyone that has experience with XUL, or better XUL and Lasso?

And if someone could help me understand the open source thing. Probably
a stupid question, but if I develop a solution with Lasso and MySQL and
design a GUI in XUL in Mozilla, what about the commercial side of that?
Can we still sell the service – and let users download the GUI for free
of course? Do we have to share the code for that XUL "application"? How
does it work?

Regards
Pål Bergström
(Paul)

----

Pål Bergström Solutions
Tel +46 42 91278
[hidden email]
http://www.palbergstrom.com

Re: [OT] XUL and Lasso

Douglas Burchard
On May 27, 2005, at 12:14 AM, Pål Bergström wrote:

> Anyone that has experience with XUL, or better XUL and Lasso?
>
> And if someone could help me understand the open source thing.
> Probably a stupid question, but if I develop a solution with Lasso
> and MySQL and design a GUI in XUL in Mozilla, what about the
> commercial side of that? Can we still sell the service – and let
> users download the GUI for free of course? Do we have to share the
> code for that XUL "application"? How does it work?

If you haven't already, checkout this thread from earlier on Lasso talk:

     <http://www.listsearch.com/LassoTalk.lasso?id=146943>

--
Douglas Burchard, President
DouglasBurchard.com, Web Applications

direct: (206) 227-8161
[hidden email]
http://www.douglasburchard.com/

Re: [OT] XUL and Lasso

Paul Bergstrom

2005-05-27 kl. 11.14 skrev Douglas Burchard:

> On May 27, 2005, at 12:14 AM, Pål Bergström wrote:
>
>> Anyone that has experience with XUL, or better XUL and Lasso?
>>
>> And if someone could help me understand the open source thing.
>> Probably a stupid question, but if I develop a solution with Lasso
>> and MySQL and design a GUI in XUL in Mozilla, what about the
>> commercial side of that? Can we still sell the service – and let
>> users download the GUI for free of course? Do we have to share the
>> code for that XUL "application"? How does it work?
>
> If you haven't already, checkout this thread from earlier on Lasso
> talk:
>
>     <http://www.listsearch.com/LassoTalk.lasso?id=146943>

Great. Thanks :-)