[OT] Video Conferencing

Stephen P. Fracek, Jr.
Does anyone on the list have recommendations / experience with video
conferencing?

I'm using OSX 10.4 and my colleagues have Windows XP.

What I'd like to do is setup a three way video chat.  From what I gather, I
can use iChat AV and my colleagues can use AOL's Triton Beta software.
However, from my reading of the site, Triton only allows two users.

TIA

Stephen P. Fracek, Jr.

Re: [OT] Video Conferencing

Bil Corry-3
Stephen P. Fracek, Jr. wrote:
> Does anyone on the list have recommendations / experience with video
> conferencing?
>
> I'm using OSX 10.4 and my colleagues have Windows XP.
>
> What I'd like to do is setup a three way video chat.  From what I gather, I
> can use iChat AV and my colleagues can use AOL's Triton Beta software.
> However, from my reading of the site, Triton only allows two users.

When I looked into it a few months ago, either the software allowed more than two people to video conference, but didn't support multiple platforms, or if it supported multiple platforms, it didn't support more than two at a time.

If you find something that works, let me know...

Re: [OT] Video Conferencing

Viaduct Productions
iVisit.

Cheers

On 8/23/06 12:08 PM, "Rich" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> iVisit.

Rich -

Looks like iVisit <http://www.ivisit.com> should fit my needs.

Do you have any experience with iVisit?

Thanks.

Stephen P. Fracek, Jr.

Re: [OT] Video Conferencing

Brett Harvey
Personally, I don't like iVisit.    I  still prefer CuSeeMe.
(vchat).  I've used it since 1995.  I know some others are using
Paltalk, but I havent tried it yet.

Brett

>On 8/23/06 12:08 PM, "Rich" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  iVisit.
>
>Rich -
>
>Looks like iVisit <http://www.ivisit.com> should fit my needs.
>
>Do you have any experience with iVisit?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Stephen P. Fracek, Jr.
>[hidden email]

Re: [OT] Video Conferencing

Viaduct Productions
Yes, but years ago.  Up to 8 people per room from what I gather.
Outside of that, bandwidth issues.  They sell server licences, so you
can run your own.  Or, just get accounts to meet in their current
server.  Other than that, they have a help desk online, so you just
enter the help room, and talk to the person in there.

Answer yer questions?

Cheers

On Aug 23, 2006, at 2:29 PM, Stephen P. Fracek, Jr. wrote:

> Looks like iVisit <http://www.ivisit.com> should fit my needs.
>
> Do you have any experience with iVisit?

Re: [OT] Video Conferencing

Viaduct Productions
Tim, who wrote iVisit (belongs to him) wrote CuSeeMe.  All the latest
compression and stuff is in iVisit, and the accounts where you pay,
features turn on...apparently.

On Aug 23, 2006, at 3:06 PM, Brett Harvey wrote:

> Personally, I don't like iVisit.    I  still prefer CuSeeMe.
> (vchat).  I've used it since 1995.  I know some others are using
> Paltalk, but I havent tried it yet.

Re: [OT] Video Conferencing

Jolle Carlestam
http://www.marratech.se/

It's used a lot by a number of Swedish universities, is cross
plattform and allows more than 2 participants. That's about all I
know about it. Have only seen it demoed, not used it myself.

HDB
JC