[OT] Printer Suggestion Needed

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[OT] Printer Suggestion Needed

Tami Williams-3
Any opinions on the best printer for my mac?   Inkjet or Laser.

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [OT] Printer Suggestion Needed

Bil Corry-3
Guessing you're looking for general printing and not something specialized,
like subdye printers.  I generally just buy whatever Costco is selling,
because they give you a two-year warranty and have a great return policy.
And I prefer inkjet over laser, but that's because I don't like the smell
of toner in my house.


- Bil


On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 4:15 PM, Tami Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any opinions on the best printer for my mac?   Inkjet or Laser.
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>   the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [OT] Printer Suggestion Needed

Marc Pinnell-3
In reply to this post by Tami Williams-3
10 years ago I bought a used HP LaserJet 4000 and it has never missed a beat. Buy toner maybe once a year. Came out of a big office building. It's a workgroup printer, so I'm not even stressing it.

marc


On Sep 27, 2016, at 4:15 PM, Tami Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any opinions on the best printer for my mac?   Inkjet or Laser.
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>


====================
Marc Pinnell
Director of Web Services
[hidden email]
www.shasta.com                                    
833 Mistletoe Lane, Suite A1
Redding, CA  96002
530-224-6866  Ext. 100
530-224-2035 Fax


#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [OT] Printer Suggestion Needed

Mark J. Reed
If you're going to be printing a ton of pages, go laser.   Color laser if
you need it.

If you're not going to be printing that much, inkjet is fine.  Just grab
whatever HP or Epson or Canon model is on sale at your local office supply
or warehouse store.  Ideally get one that works directly over the network
so you don't have to plug it into your Mac (more flexible for placement and
sharing with other computers in the house), and if you have iOS devices you
might want to make sure it supports AirPrint, too, but most network-enabled
printers do these days.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM, Marc Pinnell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> 10 years ago I bought a used HP LaserJet 4000 and it has never missed a
> beat. Buy toner maybe once a year. Came out of a big office building. It's
> a workgroup printer, so I'm not even stressing it.
>
> marc
>
>
> On Sep 27, 2016, at 4:15 PM, Tami Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Any opinions on the best printer for my mac?   Inkjet or Laser.
> >
> > #############################################################
> >
> > This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> >  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> > Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> > To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> > Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>
>
> ====================
> Marc Pinnell
> Director of Web Services
> [hidden email]
> www.shasta.com
> 833 Mistletoe Lane, Suite A1
> Redding, CA  96002
> 530-224-6866 Ext. 100
> 530-224-2035 Fax
>
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>   the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>



--
Mark J. Reed <[hidden email]>

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [OT] Printer Suggestion Needed

Tami Williams-3
Thanks everyone for your input.

I had an HP Laser printer all-in-one  for over 10 years, then it died.  Replaced it with an Epson Inkjet all-in-one  which has lasted 5 years.  I think I’ll go and get whatever wireless Epson Inkjet all-in-one is on sale.



#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [OT] Printer Suggestion Needed

Mason Miller
Get a Brother laser. I have an mfc84xx at work and an mfc87xx at home. They are both fantastic.

Mason

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 27, 2016, at 7:35 PM, Tami Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks everyone for your input.
>
> I had an HP Laser printer all-in-one  for over 10 years, then it died.  Replaced it with an Epson Inkjet all-in-one  which has lasted 5 years.  I think I’ll go and get whatever wireless Epson Inkjet all-in-one is on sale.
>
>
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>



#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [OT] Printer Suggestion Needed

Carl Ketterling
I have two Brother laser printers — one I love (HL-5370DW), one I hate (HL-2360D).

I love the HP OfficeJet Pro series lately — scan directly to email, wireless networking, and receive faxes directly to email.  We’ve had one at the office for years (OfficeJet Pro 8600).  I bought one for home recently (OfficeJet Pro 8710).  Hard to beat for $99 on Amazon right now.

Carl


> On Sep 27, 2016, at 7:08 PM, Mason Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Get a Brother laser. I have an mfc84xx at work and an mfc87xx at home. They are both fantastic.
>
> Mason
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Sep 27, 2016, at 7:35 PM, Tami Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks everyone for your input.
>>
>> I had an HP Laser printer all-in-one  for over 10 years, then it died.  Replaced it with an Epson Inkjet all-in-one  which has lasted 5 years.  I think I’ll go and get whatever wireless Epson Inkjet all-in-one is on sale.
>>
>>
>>
>> #############################################################
>>
>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>
>
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>


#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Loading...