[OT] Online Book Publishers

stevepiercy
I have a new client who is using LuLu.com to publish and sell her book online.  We are evaluating other online book publishers.  Requirements include:

* provide downloadable PDF version
* provide spiral binding of the printed version (or other binding method where the book may lay flat when opened)
* handle payment, production, shipping and tax, where applicable
* can ship from the US

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Re: [OT] Online Book Publishers

CryoGen
Steve, I have a couple clients doing this as well.  Try out
CreateSpace.com (an alias for Amazon.com, with sorta free ISBNs) and
BookSurge.com.  Right now we're using Lulu, but we're giving serious
consideration to CreateSpace because of the hooks into Amazon's
marketplace.  Hope this helps ...

-Rik

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a new client who is using LuLu.com to publish and sell her book online.  We are evaluating other online book publishers.  Requirements include:
>
> * provide downloadable PDF version
> * provide spiral binding of the printed version (or other binding method where the book may lay flat when opened)
> * handle payment, production, shipping and tax, where applicable
> * can ship from the US
>
> Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
>
> --steve
>
> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Re: [OT] Online Book Publishers

Mike Ealy-2
I really like Lightning Source, lightningsource.com. I'm not sure they do
spiral binding though. They do cover your other requirements.

Mike Ealy

H&H Publishing
Clearwater, FL

> I have a new client who is using LuLu.com to publish and sell her book online.
> We are evaluating other online book publishers.  Requirements include:
>
> * provide downloadable PDF version
> * provide spiral binding of the printed version (or other binding method where
> the book may lay flat when opened)
> * handle payment, production, shipping and tax, where applicable
> * can ship from the US
>
> Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
>
> --steve
>
> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Re: [OT] Online Book Publishers

CryoGen
Sorry Steve ... just realized CreateSpace doesn't do spirals.  Sorry.

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 10:51 PM, Rik Forgo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Steve, I have a couple clients doing this as well.  Try out
> CreateSpace.com (an alias for Amazon.com, with sorta free ISBNs) and
> BookSurge.com.  Right now we're using Lulu, but we're giving serious
> consideration to CreateSpace because of the hooks into Amazon's
> marketplace.  Hope this helps ...
>
> -Rik
>
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have a new client who is using LuLu.com to publish and sell her book online.  We are evaluating other online book publishers.  Requirements include:
>>
>> * provide downloadable PDF version
>> * provide spiral binding of the printed version (or other binding method where the book may lay flat when opened)
>> * handle payment, production, shipping and tax, where applicable
>> * can ship from the US
>>
>> Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
>>
>> --steve
>>
>> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
>> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Re: [OT] Online Book Publishers

Kerry Adams-2
Check out http://www.mimeo.com/

They don't really bill themselves as a book publisher, but I don't see
why they couldn't do what you're looking for.  And they offer all sorts
spiral bounding options.

Our contact there is Fernando Benegas [hidden email]

HTH,

Kerry