[OT] Listsearch problems?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[OT] Listsearch problems?

Trevor Jacques
I've been trying to search the list search for something and every
time I look at a message, it shows a page with the message truncated
and

-1: The position passed to "get" was too large.

at the top of the page. Anyone know if there are problems with the server?

T.

--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT] Listsearch problems?

Adam Randall
What are you searching for?

Adam.

--
Adam Randall <[hidden email]>
Quality Assurance / Support
OmniPilot Software, Inc.
http://www.omnipilot.com/
(954) 874-3100
AIM/iChat: adamomni


On Sep 12, 2005, at 11:03 AM, Trevor Jacques wrote:

> I've been trying to search the list search for something and every  
> time I look at a message, it shows a page with the message  
> truncated and
>
> -1: The position passed to "get" was too large.
>
> at the top of the page. Anyone know if there are problems with the  
> server?
>
> T.
>
> --
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription:  http://www.listsearch.com/ 
> lassotalk.lasso?manage
>


--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT] Listsearch problems?

Trevor Jacques
In reply to this post by Trevor Jacques
>Adam wrote: What are you searching for?

MSIE undefined

--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT] Listsearch problems?

Adam Randall
In reply to this post by Trevor Jacques
Which list are you searching on?
What fields are you filling out, including select boxes?
Does it go away if you go here and try again?

     <http://www.listsearch.com/logout.lasso>
     (that'll kill your session)

Adam.

--
Adam Randall <[hidden email]>
Quality Assurance / Support
OmniPilot Software, Inc.
http://www.omnipilot.com/
(954) 874-3100
AIM/iChat: adamomni


On Sep 12, 2005, at 11:39 AM, Trevor Jacques wrote:

>> Adam wrote: What are you searching for?
>>
>
> MSIE undefined
>
> --  
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription:  http://www.listsearch.com/ 
> lassotalk.lasso?manage
>


--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT] Listsearch problems?

Trevor Jacques
In reply to this post by Trevor Jacques
>Which list are you searching on?

Lasso

>What fields are you filling out, including select boxes?

Message: MSIE + Explorer

Relevance
Descending
25 records
Keywords

i.e. the default with text in only the Message field,

then clicked Search button

>Does it go away if you go here and try again?
><http://www.listsearch.com/logout.lasso>  (that'll kill your session)

Nope.

T.

--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT] Listsearch problems?

Adam Randall
In reply to this post by Trevor Jacques
It's fixed. The + is meaningless in your use, fwiw.

Adam.

--
Adam Randall <[hidden email]>
Quality Assurance / Support
OmniPilot Software, Inc.
http://www.omnipilot.com/
(954) 874-3100
AIM/iChat: adamomni


On Sep 12, 2005, at 12:07 PM, Trevor Jacques wrote:

>> Which list are you searching on?
>>
>
> Lasso
>
>
>> What fields are you filling out, including select boxes?
>>
>
> Message: MSIE + Explorer
>
> Relevance
> Descending
> 25 records
> Keywords
>
> i.e. the default with text in only the Message field,
>
> then clicked Search button
>
>
>> Does it go away if you go here and try again?
>> <http://www.listsearch.com/logout.lasso>  (that'll kill your session)
>>
>
> Nope.
>
> T.
>
> --  
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription:  http://www.listsearch.com/ 
> lassotalk.lasso?manage
>


--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT] Listsearch problems?

Trevor Jacques
In reply to this post by Trevor Jacques
>It's fixed.

Thanks.

>The + is meaningless in your use, fwiw.

Ah. Should I have used & ? I was looking for posts that contained
both msie and undefined in the same e-mail, but not as a phrase.

I've always had problems with the search formats on ListSearch being
different from the major engines. (Remembering which requires what to
construct one's criteria is such fun.) ;-)

T.

--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT] Listsearch problems?

Adam Randall
In reply to this post by Trevor Jacques
Trevor,

The keyword method of search on ListSearch is an OR search on all  
keywords. The method is created by the full text indexing inside of  
MySQL, which you can find out here:

     <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/fulltext-search.html>

ListSearch does not use the boolean search functions for various  
reasons, so the use of the + and - to increase and decrease relevance  
in the results are ignored. However, for those characters to work,  
you'd have needed to put them together with the word you wanted to  
use, such as:

     MSIE +Explorer

The plus, hanging by itself, would have been ignored in any case,  
because it would have fallen short of the three character word  
requirement. What this means is all words less than 3 characters long  
are ignored from the search. Normally it's all words less than 4  
characters that are removed, but that limited the search of terms  
like IIS, or CSS.

Currently, there is no way to perform a search using keywords to find  
records that have all keywords in a message only, but the relevance  
makes up for that for the most part.

Regards,

Adam.



--
Adam Randall <[hidden email]>
Quality Assurance / Support
OmniPilot Software, Inc.
http://www.omnipilot.com/
(954) 874-3100
AIM/iChat: adamomni


On Sep 12, 2005, at 2:38 PM, Trevor Jacques wrote:

>> It's fixed.
>>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>> The + is meaningless in your use, fwiw.
>>
>
> Ah. Should I have used & ? I was looking for posts that contained  
> both msie and undefined in the same e-mail, but not as a phrase.
>
> I've always had problems with the search formats on ListSearch  
> being different from the major engines. (Remembering which requires  
> what to construct one's criteria is such fun.) ;-)
>
> T.
>
> --
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription:  http://www.listsearch.com/ 
> lassotalk.lasso?manage
>


--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OT] Listsearch problems?

Trevor Jacques
In reply to this post by Trevor Jacques
>The keyword method of search on ListSearch is an OR search on all keywords.

Thanks, Adam.

Trevor.

--
------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage