[OT] Google Wave

Viaduct Productions
Anybody else out there got this new app?  I have a couple invites left over in case someone needs one.

Has anybody used it for collaboration for Lasso or any other item for that matter?  It seems like a chatter of some sort.

Cheers

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Göran Törnquist-2
Oh, yes! Please...I'd like an invite!

/Göran

Viaduct Productions wrote:

> Anybody else out there got this new app?  I have a couple invites left over in case someone needs one.
>
> Has anybody used it for collaboration for Lasso or any other item for that matter?  It seems like a chatter of some sort.
>
> Cheers

believed to be clean.

Re: [OT] Google Wave

list
I got a wave account but no invites. They've turned that part of due to growth issues. Would've liked to invite Rick Draper since we work together but that will have to wait until they open up again.
Makes it kinda useless since Wave is all about communication and collaboration and I have no one to collaborate with within Wave. :-)

23 nov 2009 kl. 15.54 skrev Viaduct Productions:

> Anybody else out there got this new app?  I have a couple invites left over in case someone needs one.
>
> Has anybody used it for collaboration for Lasso or any other item for that matter?  It seems like a chatter of some sort.
>
> Cheers

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Viaduct Productions

On 2009-11-23, at 1:02 AM, Jolle Carlestam wrote:

> I got a wave account but no invites. They've turned that part of due to growth issues. Would've liked to invite Rick Draper since we work together but that will have to wait until they open up again.
> Makes it kinda useless since Wave is all about communication and collaboration and I have no one to collaborate with within Wave. :-)

I think we should try it out in the Lasso crowd.  Easier than multiple systems such as chatter/email/urls.

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Steven Evans
I agree, Rich.  I'm excited to try it.  I signed up for an invite a
couple of months ago, but had heard that they were holding off on
admitting more people until they had worked a few things out....

Should be an interesting collaboration tool if it does as billed...

sqe

On Nov 22, 2009, at 10:03 PM, Viaduct Productions wrote:

> On 2009-11-23, at 1:02 AM, Jolle Carlestam wrote:
>
>> I got a wave account but no invites. They've turned that part of
>> due to growth issues. Would've liked to invite Rick Draper since we
>> work together but that will have to wait until they open up again.
>> Makes it kinda useless since Wave is all about communication and
>> collaboration and I have no one to collaborate with within Wave. :-)
>

> I think we should try it out in the Lasso crowd.  Easier than
> multiple systems such as chatter/email/urls.

Steven Q. Evans
Director of Technological Resources
MSI Production Services
http://www.msiprod.com
(858)348-0629 • Mobile (858)344-3351 • (707)215-1032 Fax • [hidden email]

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Viaduct Productions

On 2009-11-23, at 1:10 AM, Steven Evans wrote:

> I agree, Rich.  I'm excited to try it.  I signed up for an invite a couple of months ago, but had heard that they were holding off on admitting more people until they had worked a few things out....
>
> Should be an interesting collaboration tool if it does as billed...

Outside of an overgrown chatter, what do you see it doing?  I think I will go view the video now.

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Steven Evans
For me, I like the ability to have a "thread" on a particular project
(or topic) that you can keep track of over time.  I find that I only
use something like LassoChat when I need something, because I get
sidetracked (because it is interesting) with what people are talking
about.  It may not be the right choice for this group as a whole, but
I could see it being a nice platform for a group of people who are
geographically separated, but working on the same project.

For me, my company produces concerts and special events.  Most of the
time, my team leads are scattered around the country on a job.  But,
we are always working on our next job, so it would be nice to have a
"wave" containing all of the conversations, documents, photos, cad
drawings, etc. in one place.  As it stands, we all weed through
hundreds of emails trying to separate them into usable piles.  Add in
AIM conversations, etc, etc, all of the sudden, it's pretty hard to
keep up.

I didn't have a clear idea of what it was until I watched the video,
and even then, I don't think I will know for sure until I really get
my hands on it.

Time will tell, I suppose....

sqe

On Nov 22, 2009, at 10:11 PM, Viaduct Productions wrote:

> On 2009-11-23, at 1:10 AM, Steven Evans wrote:
>
>> I agree, Rich.  I'm excited to try it.  I signed up for an invite a
>> couple of months ago, but had heard that they were holding off on
>> admitting more people until they had worked a few things out....
>>
>> Should be an interesting collaboration tool if it does as billed...
>
> Outside of an overgrown chatter, what do you see it doing?  I think
> I will go view the video now.

Steven Q. Evans
Director of Technological Resources
MSI Production Services
http://www.msiprod.com
(858)348-0629 • Mobile (858)344-3351 • (707)215-1032 Fax • [hidden email]

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Viaduct Productions
Yeah, sounds pretty much how I gathered Lasso people collaborate as well.

A request has been put forward to format code, so it is being considered for software as well.

On 2009-11-23, at 1:20 AM, Steven Evans wrote:

> For me, my company produces concerts and special events.  Most of the time, my team leads are scattered around the country on a job.  But, we are always working on our next job, so it would be nice to have a "wave" containing all of the conversations, documents, photos, cad drawings, etc. in one place.  As it stands, we all weed through hundreds of emails trying to separate them into usable piles.  Add in AIM conversations, etc, etc, all of the sudden, it's pretty hard to keep up.
>
> I didn't have a clear idea of what it was until I watched the video, and even then, I don't think I will know for sure until I really get my hands on it.

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Johan Solve
So what are your Wave addresses?

[hidden email]

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Viaduct Productions
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anybody else out there got this new app?  I have a couple invites left over in case someone needs one.
>
> Has anybody used it for collaboration for Lasso or any other item for that matter?  It seems like a chatter of some sort.
>
> Cheers

Mvh
Johan Sölve
____________________________________
Montania System AB
Halmstad   Stockholm   Malmö
http://www.montania.se

Johan Sölve
Mobil +46 709-51 55 70
[hidden email]

Kristinebergsvägen 17, S-302 41 Halmstad, Sweden
Telefon +46 35-136800 |  Fax +46 35-136801

Re: [OT] Google Wave

list
[hidden email]

And I just noticed that I can invite! Whoho!

On 2009-11-23, at 3:27 AM, Jolle Carlestam wrote:

> And I just noticed that I can invite! Whoho!

I've started a wave, which should pull people together into one place.  That way the contacts get added, from what I gather.

Might want to save a couple of those invites for Lasso people.

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Ke Carlton-2
+1 please, have dev account but not public account yet.

Ke

2009/11/23 Viaduct Productions <[hidden email]>:

> Anybody else out there got this new app?  I have a couple invites left over in case someone needs one.
>
> Has anybody used it for collaboration for Lasso or any other item for that matter?  It seems like a chatter of some sort.
>
> Cheers

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Viaduct Productions

On 2009-11-23, at 4:54 AM, Ke Carlton wrote:

> +1 please, have dev account but not public account yet.

I don't follow.  You need another?  I don't have any left, so perhaps one of the other guys can forward you one.  If you do have one, what address are you using?

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Johan Solve
Sent one.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Ke Carlton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 please, have dev account but not public account yet.
>
> Ke
>
> 2009/11/23 Viaduct Productions <[hidden email]>:
>> Anybody else out there got this new app?  I have a couple invites left over in case someone needs one.
>>
>> Has anybody used it for collaboration for Lasso or any other item for that matter?  It seems like a chatter of some sort.
>>
>> Cheers

Mvh
Johan Sölve
____________________________________
Montania System AB
Halmstad   Stockholm   Malmö
http://www.montania.se

Johan Sölve
Mobil +46 709-51 55 70
[hidden email]

Kristinebergsvägen 17, S-302 41 Halmstad, Sweden
Telefon +46 35-136800 |  Fax +46 35-136801

Re: [OT] Google Wave

On 11/23/09 at 12:54 AM, [hidden email] (Viaduct
Productions) pronounced:

>Has anybody used it for collaboration for Lasso or any other
>item for that matter?  It seems like a chatter of some sort.

Haven't used it extensively yet.

Chats are threaded, easier to follow a context.

History is easy to access and share.

File sharing.

Insert gadgets: polls, maps, http://www.google.com/ig/directory?type=gadgets

I prefer the responsiveness and keyboard shortcuts with the
desktop app over the browser-based app:
http://www.getwaveboard.com/

-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder
Soquel, CA

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Tim Taplin
would love to get an invite. I've applied but no response as yet.

I think the ad hoc collaboration along with the potential of  add on tools will be powerful, but I dont think even Google knows what this is yet.

Tim Taplin

On Nov 23, 2009, at 7:39 AM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:

> On 11/23/09 at 12:54 AM, [hidden email] (Viaduct Productions) pronounced:
>
>> Has anybody used it for collaboration for Lasso or any other item for that matter?  It seems like a chatter of some sort.
>
> Haven't used it extensively yet.
>
> Chats are threaded, easier to follow a context.
>
> History is easy to access and share.
>
> File sharing.
>
> Insert gadgets: polls, maps, http://www.google.com/ig/directory?type=gadgets
>
> I prefer the responsiveness and keyboard shortcuts with the desktop app over the browser-based app:
> http://www.getwaveboard.com/
>
> --steve
>
> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Adam de Zoete-2
I also would be very keen, i've signed up for one yonks ago and heard
nothing back.

I saw that you can feed twitter and blogs through it, but can you link
it up to the Lasso mailing list?

Adam

Tim Taplin wrote:

> would love to get an invite. I've applied but no response as yet.
>
> I think the ad hoc collaboration along with the potential of  add on tools will be powerful, but I dont think even Google knows what this is yet.
>
> Tim Taplin
>
> On Nov 23, 2009, at 7:39 AM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
>
>> On 11/23/09 at 12:54 AM, [hidden email] (Viaduct Productions) pronounced:
>>
>>> Has anybody used it for collaboration for Lasso or any other item for that matter?  It seems like a chatter of some sort.
>> Haven't used it extensively yet.
>>
>> Chats are threaded, easier to follow a context.
>>
>> History is easy to access and share.
>>
>> File sharing.
>>
>> Insert gadgets: polls, maps, http://www.google.com/ig/directory?type=gadgets
>>
>> I prefer the responsiveness and keyboard shortcuts with the desktop app over the browser-based app:
>> http://www.getwaveboard.com/
>>
>> --steve
>>
>> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
>> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Eric Browning-3
Been wanting to try google wave with somebody:-)

Eric Browning

On Nov 23, 2009, at 12:58 AM, Johan Solve wrote:

> So what are your Wave addresses?
>
> [hidden email]
>

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Viaduct Productions
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Anybody else out there got this new app?  I have a couple invites left over in case someone needs one.
>>
>> Has anybody used it for collaboration for Lasso or any other item for that matter?  It seems like a chatter of some sort.
>>
>> Cheers

> Mvh
> Johan Sölve
> ____________________________________
> Montania System AB
> Halmstad   Stockholm   Malmö
> http://www.montania.se
>
> Johan Sölve
> Mobil +46 709-51 55 70
> [hidden email]
>
> Kristinebergsvägen 17, S-302 41 Halmstad, Sweden
> Telefon +46 35-136800 |  Fax +46 35-136801

Re: [OT] Google Wave

Viaduct Productions
I thought Wave would be good for lists.  You can actually target email to a wave.  How to implement a collective for the theads/wave, I'm not sure how to do that.

On 2009-11-23, at 10:32 AM, Adam de Zoete wrote:

> I saw that you can feed twitter and blogs through it, but can you link it up to the Lasso mailing list?

Re: [OT] Google Wave

decorior
Up for an invite too!