OT: FMPro front end to MySQL

Fiorenzo de Palma
Hi,
we have a client with the following system:
- backoffice with FMPro 6 (migrating slowly to FM7)
- web MySQL and Lasso
currently they do the publish on the web manually.

We want to build a more robust and flexible system but want to
preserve the investment in FMPro.
The idea is to have tha data (in house) in MySQL databases and use
FMPro as a front end to consult and manipulate them.
This will allow a better synchronization between web and backoffice
and other stuff.
They have many FM applications to compute and display data.

Any experience or suggestion?

Fiorenzo de Palma
MEDIANCER

Re: OT: FMPro front end to MySQL

m i l e s
Florenzo,

Good lord WHY ????

Wait...don't answer that...Lord only knows why on earth some folks do
what they do....

But hey, its your money...not mine and thank god!

No matter, the toy you seek is: http://www.actualtechnologies.com/
product_opensourcedatabases.php

Go get, its 30 bux.

And well worth it.

M i l e s.

---- LASSO DEVELOPER FOR HIRE: CHEAP RATES - NEEDS WORK ----
   -don't know what lasso is ? - http://www.omnipilot.com/
M i l e s                                [hidden email]
MagicMiles Software                         (413) 374 - 5161
http://www.magicmiles.com/        AIM/Yahoo/MSN:  magikmiles
"The strangeness of this life can not be measured, in trying
to produce my own death, I was elevated to the status of a
living hero." - Lt. John J. Dunbar. - 'Dances With Wolves'

Re: OT: FMPro front end to MySQL

Pierre Laran
Hi Fiorenzo,

Appart from ODBC connection (Miles message), you can perhaps take a look at
Troi URL plug-in  that let's you make an update of datas on the web from
your back-office (manually or by a script...).

http://www.troi.com/software/urlplugin.html

I think personnaly it's not for huge add/updates but for couple of records
it will certainly do the job well.

Pierre LARAN                                 ELIDEE
[hidden email]                            A113 Immeuble le Ponant
                                             Terrasse 8 mai 1945
http://www.elidee.com                        33000 BORDEAUX
DISTRIBUTEUR LASSO Pays francophones         Tél: +33 8 71 79 67 00
                                               (numéro appel local)
http://www.lasso.elidee.com                  Fax: +33 5 57 22 89 35